Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might cousins be attracted to each other?
(a) They always see each other.
(b) They want to preserve their bloodline.
(c) They miss being close to family.
(d) They are not raised together.
2. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
(a) Ten per cent of the time.
(d) Fifty per cent of the time.
3. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
(a) Parasites and diseases.
(b) Death and destruction.
(d) Killing ones own organisms.
4. What do the females of this same group prefer?
(a) Intelligent males.
(b) Well-built mounds, instead of poorly constructed mounds.
(c) Males who are attractive.
(d) Males that will take care of them.
5. The gender ratio is ___________ as an evolutionary pressure in humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was polygamy stamped out?
2. Who created the tangled bank theory?
3. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
4. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
5. What combination do people find mostly attractive?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)