|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
(a) A male that promises to stay around.
(c) The ability to keep her safe.
(d) External factors, like male attractiveness.
2. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Graham Bell.
(c) Leigh Van Valen.
(d) Charles Darwin.
3. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Meeting a soul mate.
(b) Speed of evolution.
(c) Slowness of evolution.
(d) Making many children.
4. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
(b) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
(c) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
(d) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
5. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(a) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
(d) Doctors and scientists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
2. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
3. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
4. Who cannot compete with males?
5. What do the females of this same group prefer?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)