|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
(a) All the time, no matter what the relationship.
(b) In polygamous groups, such as monkeys.
(c) In monogamous relationships.
(d) In homosexual relationships.
2. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
(a) Increases randomness of the genome.
(b) Decreases randomness of the genome.
(c) Causes too much risk in the genes.
(d) Makes stronger genes.
3. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
4. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) All the clones will be healthy.
(b) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
(c) It is not less risky.
(d) There will be no one competing.
5. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(a) Only humans, not other organisms.
(b) No one.
(c) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lottery theory?
2. What is the main focus of the novel?
3. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
4. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
5. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)