|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) His sermons.
(b) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
(c) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
(d) Killing Catholics.
2. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
(b) To study asexual reproduction.
(c) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(d) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
3. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(b) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
(d) Doctors and scientists.
4. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
(b) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
(c) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
(d) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
5. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
(a) Why humans are the way they are.
(b) Where humans live.
(c) A way to study humans without them knowing.
(d) How they got to be the way they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
2. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
3. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
4. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
5. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)