|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
(a) Biological selection.
(d) Natural selection.
2. What is negative about having many females?
(a) Too many children are born.
(b) It is too time consuming.
(c) They do not get along with each other.
(d) It is very expensive.
3. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
4. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) Killing Catholics.
(b) His sermons.
(c) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
(d) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
5. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Combining all genes.
(b) Killing genes that are not yours.
(c) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(d) Outcrossing genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
2. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
3. "The first is that all of human behavior is ______ and hence, biological evolution will have little effect on the next generation."
4. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
5. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)