|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
(c) Ten per cent of the time.
(d) Fifty per cent of the time.
2. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
(b) Biological selection.
(c) Natural selection.
3. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
(a) The ability to keep her safe.
(c) External factors, like male attractiveness.
(d) A male that promises to stay around.
4. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Yes, always.
(b) No, never.
(c) Only when they are genetically engineered.
5. Natural selection is a prerequisite of __________.
(a) Natural selection.
(b) Survival success.
(c) Sexual selection.
(d) Evolution's success.
Short Answer Questions
1. The gender ratio is ___________ as an evolutionary pressure in humans.
2. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
3. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
4. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
5. How did males evolve?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)