|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) No one can catch up.
(b) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
(c) World War II.
(d) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
2. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
(a) An inefficient means.
(b) Not able.
(c) Not an easy way.
(d) An attempt.
3. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
(b) Killing one another.
4. Natural selection is a prerequisite of __________.
(a) Survival success.
(b) Evolution's success.
(c) Sexual selection.
(d) Natural selection.
5. In Chapter 5, the animals are unsure of _____________.
(a) What their mate thinks of them.
(b) The male knowing if the egg is his.
(c) Being able to find a suitable mate.
(d) Passing desirable genes to offspring.
Short Answer Questions
1. High status individuals tend to have __________.
2. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
3. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
4. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
5. Is attractiveness always the only criteria for mate selection?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)