|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If there are too many males, it will eventually be better to be a ____________.
(a) Female or male.
2. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Survival success.
(b) Sexual rather than survival success.
(c) Natural selection.
(d) Biological evolution.
3. High status individuals tend to have __________.
(a) No babies.
(b) Less babies.
(c) Female babies.
(d) Male babies.
4. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
(a) Male attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(b) Female attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(c) Female attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(d) Male attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
5. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
(b) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
(c) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
(d) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do males harm themselves?
2. How do species outwit killer viruses?
3. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
4. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
5. What is the lottery theory?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)