|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the females of this same group prefer?
(a) Males who are attractive.
(b) Males that will take care of them.
(c) Well-built mounds, instead of poorly constructed mounds.
(d) Intelligent males.
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
(b) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
(c) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
(d) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
3. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(a) Doctors and scientists.
(b) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
4. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Natural selection.
(b) Sexual rather than survival success.
(c) Biological evolution.
(d) Survival success.
5. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
(b) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
(c) The gazelle gets caught.
(d) It is able to always kill its prey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
2. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
3. If there are too many males, it will eventually be better to be a ____________.
4. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
5. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)