|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did males evolve?
(a) With much difficulty.
(c) Waiting for females.
(d) Simultaneously with females.
2. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
(a) Chinese and Indian.
3. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
(a) Makes stronger genes.
(b) Causes too much risk in the genes.
(c) Decreases randomness of the genome.
(d) Increases randomness of the genome.
4. "The first is that all of human behavior is ______ and hence, biological evolution will have little effect on the next generation."
5. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
(b) His sermons.
(c) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
(d) Killing Catholics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
2. What is the tangled bank theory?
3. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
4. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
5. How does evolution work?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)