|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
(a) Number, quality.
(b) Percentage, number.
(c) Number, percentage.
(d) Quality, number.
2. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
(a) Whether or not sex is the best way to reproduce.
(b) Why sex works the way it does.
(c) Why people enjoy sex.
(d) How sex works.
3. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
(a) Males and Females.
4. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
(b) Killing one another.
5. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
(a) Three fourths.
(b) Two thirds.
(c) One half.
(d) One third.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
2. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
3. Is attractiveness always the only criteria for mate selection?
4. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
5. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)