|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
(a) A male that promises to stay around.
(b) External factors, like male attractiveness.
(c) The ability to keep her safe.
2. High status individuals tend to have __________.
(a) Female babies.
(b) No babies.
(c) Less babies.
(d) Male babies.
3. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(b) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
(c) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(d) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
4. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
(b) World War II.
(c) No one can catch up.
(d) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
5. What have mound building skills become?
(a) A coveted skill.
(c) A reproductive skill.
(d) A survival technique.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
2. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
3. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
4. If there are too many males, it will eventually be better to be a ____________.
5. How do species outwit killer viruses?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)