|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
2. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
(a) Death and destruction.
(b) Parasites and diseases.
(d) Killing ones own organisms.
3. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) No, never.
(b) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(c) Yes, always.
4. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
(a) In monogamous relationships.
(b) All the time, no matter what the relationship.
(c) In polygamous groups, such as monkeys.
(d) In homosexual relationships.
5. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
(b) A genetically engineered organism.
(c) An organism that lacks certain genes.
(d) A type of animal that produces asexually.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genders are not always needed?
2. How does evolution work?
3. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
4. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
5. How do males harm themselves?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)