|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is negative about having many females?
(a) Too many children are born.
(b) They do not get along with each other.
(c) It is very expensive.
(d) It is too time consuming.
2. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
(c) Killing one another.
3. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Biological evolution.
(b) Survival success.
(c) Natural selection.
(d) Sexual rather than survival success.
4. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
(a) Makes stronger genes.
(b) Causes too much risk in the genes.
(c) Increases randomness of the genome.
(d) Decreases randomness of the genome.
5. Most modern societies are _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
2. Who cannot compete with males?
3. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
4. What animals are only interested in exclusive fidelity?
5. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)