|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Survival success.
(b) Sexual rather than survival success.
(c) Biological evolution.
(d) Natural selection.
2. What genders are not always needed?
3. Is attractiveness always the only criteria for mate selection?
(a) No, only when selection is plentiful.
(b) No, females like important mates.
(c) Yes, females don't like ugly people.
(d) Yes, females are shallow.
4. What is the "sexy-sons" theory?
(a) Males will always choose the most attractive woman.
(b) Sons are always sexier than daughters.
(c) Females will always choose the most attractive man.
(d) Sons will be the most attractive if the two parents are very attractive.
5. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) No, never.
(b) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(c) Yes, always.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
2. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
3. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
4. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
5. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)