|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) An organism that lacks certain genes.
(b) A genetically engineered organism.
(c) A type of animal that produces asexually.
(d) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
2. What genders are not always needed?
3. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
(a) Why people are attracted to one another.
(b) The reason for asexual reproduction.
(c) A new way for humans to mate.
(d) A reason for an individual organism to prefer sexual over asexual reproduction.
4. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(b) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(c) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
(d) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
5. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
(a) The organism decided to self replicate.
(b) It kills other organisms that participate in it.
(c) The organism gave up sexual reproduction.
(d) It is extinct and cannot be studied.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most modern societies are _________.
2. How does Chapter 5 begin?
3. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
4. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
5. What is the lottery theory?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)