|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) There will be no one competing.
(b) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
(c) All the clones will be healthy.
(d) It is not less risky.
2. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Leigh Van Valen.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Graham Bell.
3. What modern day society sometime practices polygamy?
(b) Extreme Mormonism.
4. What is the "sexy-sons" theory?
(a) Males will always choose the most attractive woman.
(b) Sons will be the most attractive if the two parents are very attractive.
(c) Sons are always sexier than daughters.
(d) Females will always choose the most attractive man.
5. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
(a) How babies are made.
(b) Why there are men and women.
(c) More ways that evolution can work against organisims.
(d) Why babies are hard to keep alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
2. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
3. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
4. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
5. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)