Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
2. Who cannot compete with males?
(a) Other males.
(d) Masculine females.
3. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(b) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(c) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(d) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
4. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
(a) Why babies are hard to keep alive.
(b) More ways that evolution can work against organisims.
(c) How babies are made.
(d) Why there are men and women.
5. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
(a) Their spouses.
(b) Their friends.
(c) No one.
(d) Their descendants.
Short Answer Questions
1. High status individuals tend to have __________.
2. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
3. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
4. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
5. "The first is that all of human behavior is ______ and hence, biological evolution will have little effect on the next generation."
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)