|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Young boys show a propensity for __________.
(a) Physical activity.
(c) Being Angry.
(d) Verbal tasks.
2. Young girls show a propensity for _________.
(a) Verbal tasks.
(d) Physical activity.
3. Boys tend to be better at reasoning ______, whereas women excel in reasoning in terms of _______.
(a) Abstractly; particulars.
(b) Abstractly; generalities.
(c) Generalities; particulars.
(d) Particulars; the abstract.
4. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
(b) Death and destruction.
(c) Killing ones own organisms.
(d) Parasites and diseases.
5. What does the story in Chapter 5 prove for the author?
(a) An example of sexual, rather than natural selection.
(b) Producing offspring is the goal of all mammals.
(c) Ideal mating conditions are rare.
(d) How male support continues the species.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "sexy-sons" theory?
2. What is lekking?
3. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
4. To women, attractiveness in a male signifies _____________.
5. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)