|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
(a) The male with the nicest wing span.
(b) The prettiest beak.
(c) Based on having the most food.
(d) Based on ornamentation.
2. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
(a) Sexual selection.
(b) The male's superiority.
(c) The female's superiority.
(d) Natural selection
3. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
(b) An organism that lacks certain genes.
(c) A genetically engineered organism.
(d) A type of animal that produces asexually.
4. Men and women behave and perform certain roles in every _______ and _____.
(a) Culture; country.
(b) Culture; society.
(c) Society; culture.
(d) Country; culture.
5. How does evolution work?
(a) Without competition between organisms.
(b) Different adaptations of an individual which give a reproductive edge.
(c) Change is continuous.
(d) Very slowly, over thousands of years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
2. Is attractiveness always the only criteria for mate selection?
3. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
4. Young girls show a propensity for _________.
5. What is the lottery theory?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)