|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Leigh Van Valen.
(b) Graham Bell.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Charles Darwin.
2. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
(b) Fifty per cent of the time.
(d) Ten per cent of the time.
3. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
(a) Only sometimes.
(d) All of the time.
4. Young boys show a propensity for __________.
(a) Physical activity.
(b) Verbal tasks.
(c) Being Angry.
5. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
(a) Based on having the most food.
(b) The male with the nicest wing span.
(c) The prettiest beak.
(d) Based on ornamentation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
2. What do women fantasize about?
3. To women, attractiveness in a male signifies _____________.
4. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
5. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)