|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
(a) Male attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(b) Male attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(c) Female attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(d) Female attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
2. In Chapter 5, the animals are unsure of _____________.
(a) What their mate thinks of them.
(b) Passing desirable genes to offspring.
(c) Being able to find a suitable mate.
(d) The male knowing if the egg is his.
3. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
(a) Their descendants.
(b) Their spouses.
(c) No one.
(d) Their friends.
4. What are the interests of most males?
(a) Being faithful to one female.
(b) Impregnating as many women as possible.
(c) Taking care of their mate and offspring.
(d) Being a good father.
5. How do males fantasize?
(a) They only think about one woman.
(b) They concentrate on the sexual act itself.
(c) They do not fantasize.
(d) They think of several women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
2. How does Chapter 5 begin?
3. What do the females of this same group prefer?
4. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
5. From this, what seems clear?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)