|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
(a) The organism decided to self replicate.
(b) The organism gave up sexual reproduction.
(c) It kills other organisms that participate in it.
(d) It is extinct and cannot be studied.
2. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
(a) A male that promises to stay around.
(b) The ability to keep her safe.
(d) External factors, like male attractiveness.
3. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(b) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(c) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
(d) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
4. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
(b) No one can catch up.
(c) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
(d) World War II.
5. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
(b) Sexual attraction.
(c) Individual thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. To women, attractiveness in a male signifies _____________.
2. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
3. What do the females of this same group prefer?
4. Is attractiveness always the only criteria for mate selection?
5. In Chapter 5, the animals are unsure of _____________.
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)