|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
(a) Based on ornamentation.
(b) The male with the nicest wing span.
(c) The prettiest beak.
(d) Based on having the most food.
2. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
(a) The clone population will effectively kill the virus.
(b) The clone population will be wiped out.
(c) The clones attack one another in order to survive.
(d) The virus will kill only the weakest clones.
3. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
(a) The Blue Book Theory.
(b) The Red Queen Theory.
(c) The King's Theory.
(d) The tangled bank and lottery theory have no competition.
4. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) No one can catch up.
(b) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
(c) World War II.
(d) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
5. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With mating behavior of Australian brush turkeys.
(b) With the story of a fisherman.
(c) With an explanation of courtship.
(d) With observations about pine moles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do males want in sexual partners?
2. Boys tend to be better at reasoning ______, whereas women excel in reasoning in terms of _______.
3. What do the females of this same group prefer?
4. How does evolution work?
5. To women, attractiveness in a male signifies _____________.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)