|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men and women behave and perform certain roles in every _______ and _____.
(a) Culture; society.
(b) Society; culture.
(c) Culture; country.
(d) Country; culture.
2. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(b) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(c) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
(d) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
3. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) An organism that lacks certain genes.
(b) A genetically engineered organism.
(c) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
(d) A type of animal that produces asexually.
4. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
(a) Based on having the most food.
(b) The prettiest beak.
(c) Based on ornamentation.
(d) The male with the nicest wing span.
5. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
(a) Homosexual; Homosexual.
(b) Homosexual; heterosexual.
(c) Heterosexual; heterosexual.
(d) Heterosexual; homosexual.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a male misses the change of his brain in the womb, what happens to him?
2. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
3. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
4. What do the females of this same group prefer?
5. What is the lottery theory?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)