|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
(a) Female attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(b) Male attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(c) Female attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(d) Male attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
2. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
(a) Why babies are hard to keep alive.
(b) More ways that evolution can work against organisims.
(c) Why there are men and women.
(d) How babies are made.
3. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
(a) The virus will kill only the weakest clones.
(b) The clones attack one another in order to survive.
(c) The clone population will be wiped out.
(d) The clone population will effectively kill the virus.
4. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
(a) Not an easy way.
(b) An attempt.
(c) Not able.
(d) An inefficient means.
5. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) A genetically engineered organism.
(b) A type of animal that produces asexually.
(c) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
(d) An organism that lacks certain genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
2. Men and women behave and perform certain roles in every _______ and _____.
3. What are the interests of most males?
4. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
5. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)