|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a landscape, what will boys pick out as being important?
2. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With observations about pine moles.
(b) With an explanation of courtship.
(c) With mating behavior of Australian brush turkeys.
(d) With the story of a fisherman.
3. What causes a man's brain to change in the womb?
(a) A dose of progesterone.
(c) A dose of testosterone.
4. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Leigh Van Valen.
(b) Graham Bell.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
5. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
(a) A new way for humans to mate.
(b) The reason for asexual reproduction.
(c) A reason for an individual organism to prefer sexual over asexual reproduction.
(d) Why people are attracted to one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
2. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
3. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
4. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
5. What are the interests of most males?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)