|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
(a) The male's superiority.
(b) Sexual selection.
(c) Natural selection
(d) The female's superiority.
2. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
(b) Sexual attraction.
(d) Individual thoughts.
3. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
(a) Sexual reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
4. What are the interests of most males?
(a) Being faithful to one female.
(b) Taking care of their mate and offspring.
(c) Being a good father.
(d) Impregnating as many women as possible.
5. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
(b) No one can catch up.
(c) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
(d) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is a female version of pornography?
2. In a landscape, what will boys pick out as being important?
3. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
4. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
5. What is the lottery theory?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)