|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
(a) Sexual attraction.
(c) Individual thoughts.
2. What is the lottery theory?
(a) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(b) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(c) Organisms in densely populated areas survive better.
(d) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually reproduce.
3. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
(a) The Blue Book Theory.
(b) The Red Queen Theory.
(c) The tangled bank and lottery theory have no competition.
(d) The King's Theory.
4. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
(a) Number, percentage.
(b) Percentage, number.
(c) Number, quality.
(d) Quality, number.
5. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
(a) Why people enjoy sex.
(b) How sex works.
(c) Why sex works the way it does.
(d) Whether or not sex is the best way to reproduce.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
2. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
3. If a male misses the change of his brain in the womb, what happens to him?
4. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
5. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)