|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, the animals are unsure of _____________.
(a) Being able to find a suitable mate.
(b) Passing desirable genes to offspring.
(c) What their mate thinks of them.
(d) The male knowing if the egg is his.
2. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
(a) The female's superiority.
(b) Sexual selection.
(c) Natural selection
(d) The male's superiority.
3. What is lekking?
(a) A courtship dance among mammals.
(b) A way for birds to mate.
(c) A sexual market where male birds congregate.
(d) A time of mating for birds.
4. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
(a) An attempt.
(b) Not an easy way.
(c) Not able.
(d) An inefficient means.
5. What does the story in Chapter 5 prove for the author?
(a) Producing offspring is the goal of all mammals.
(b) Ideal mating conditions are rare.
(c) An example of sexual, rather than natural selection.
(d) How male support continues the species.
Short Answer Questions
1. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
2. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
3. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
4. Young girls show a propensity for _________.
5. How do species outwit killer viruses?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)