|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
(a) External factors, like male attractiveness.
(b) A male that promises to stay around.
(d) The ability to keep her safe.
2. What do males want in sexual partners?
(a) A good mother.
(b) A very young female.
(c) An attractive female.
(d) A spontaneous female.
3. What are the interests of most males?
(a) Being faithful to one female.
(b) Taking care of their mate and offspring.
(c) Being a good father.
(d) Impregnating as many women as possible.
4. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(b) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
(c) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(d) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
5. What is the lottery theory?
(a) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(b) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually reproduce.
(c) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(d) Organisms in densely populated areas survive better.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is a female version of pornography?
2. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
3. Thinking that male and female brains are different is often thought to be_______.
4. What do women fantasize about?
5. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)