|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the females of this same group prefer?
(a) Well-built mounds, instead of poorly constructed mounds.
(b) Males that will take care of them.
(c) Intelligent males.
(d) Males who are attractive.
2. What is the "good genes" theory?
(a) More attractive males will produce beautiful children.
(b) More attractive people make smart people.
(c) Smart people are attracted to other smart people.
(d) Beautiful children are evil.
3. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) No one can catch up.
(b) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
(c) World War II.
(d) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
4. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Richard Dawkins.
(c) Leigh Van Valen.
(d) Graham Bell.
5. What causes a man's brain to change in the womb?
(b) A dose of progesterone.
(d) A dose of testosterone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
2. Thinking that male and female brains are different is often thought to be_______.
3. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
4. How does evolution work?
5. In Chapter 5, the animals are unsure of _____________.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)