|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, the animals are unsure of _____________.
(a) The male knowing if the egg is his.
(b) Being able to find a suitable mate.
(c) What their mate thinks of them.
(d) Passing desirable genes to offspring.
2. What have mound building skills become?
(b) A reproductive skill.
(c) A survival technique.
(d) A coveted skill.
3. What does the story in Chapter 5 prove for the author?
(a) Ideal mating conditions are rare.
(b) An example of sexual, rather than natural selection.
(c) How male support continues the species.
(d) Producing offspring is the goal of all mammals.
4. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
(a) Graham Bell.
(b) Richard Dawkins.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Leigh Van Valen.
5. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
(a) The clone population will be wiped out.
(b) The clones attack one another in order to survive.
(c) The virus will kill only the weakest clones.
(d) The clone population will effectively kill the virus.
Short Answer Questions
1. From this, what seems clear?
2. What is the tangled bank theory?
3. If a male misses the change of his brain in the womb, what happens to him?
4. Who created the tangled bank theory?
5. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)