|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
(a) The clones attack one another in order to survive.
(b) The virus will kill only the weakest clones.
(c) The clone population will effectively kill the virus.
(d) The clone population will be wiped out.
2. How do males fantasize?
(a) They think of several women.
(b) They concentrate on the sexual act itself.
(c) They only think about one woman.
(d) They do not fantasize.
3. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
(a) Why babies are hard to keep alive.
(b) More ways that evolution can work against organisims.
(c) Why there are men and women.
(d) How babies are made.
4. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To increase the chance of survival.
(b) To eat all of the stored food.
(c) To see his many wives.
(d) To escape the females.
5. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
(a) Male attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(b) Female attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(c) Male attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(d) Female attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of course, both males and females have a (an) ________ to deceive the other sex to promote their own attractiveness.
2. What causes a man's brain to change in the womb?
3. Thinking that male and female brains are different is often thought to be_______.
4. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
5. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)