|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what is a female version of pornography?
(a) Female pornography.
(b) Romance novels.
(c) Telling stories about their sexual lives.
2. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
(a) Number, percentage.
(b) Quality, number.
(c) Number, quality.
(d) Percentage, number.
3. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
(a) Not able.
(b) Not an easy way.
(c) An attempt.
(d) An inefficient means.
4. What do the females of this same group prefer?
(a) Males that will take care of them.
(b) Well-built mounds, instead of poorly constructed mounds.
(c) Males who are attractive.
(d) Intelligent males.
5. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With an explanation of courtship.
(b) With the story of a fisherman.
(c) With mating behavior of Australian brush turkeys.
(d) With observations about pine moles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
2. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
3. How do species outwit killer viruses?
4. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
5. Boys tend to be better at reasoning ______, whereas women excel in reasoning in terms of _______.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)