* The Red Queen starts with a discussion of nature. To understand evolution, we must first understand sexual reproduction.
* Many theories about evolution have come to light throughout history.
* Before Darwin, no one really understood the science of evolution.
* In the 1970s, Richard Dawkins argued persuasively that the organism/individual is merely a container for genes.
* Through sexual reproduction, we are "dealt" a hand of genes from our parents, who were dealt a different hand by their respective parents and so on, back to the beginning of time.
* Sexual reproduction calls for two different sexes - male and female.
* The history of evolution is the history of a never-ending arms race.
* Each organism competes with every other to pass down more genes for the next generation.
* Sexual selection is the selection of traits based on how appealing they are to potential mates.
* Determining the parts of human nature...
This section contains 1,580 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)