|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Sadie and Amos related?
2. How long does it take for Amos to get from London to New York?
3. Where does Nut say they can find the person she wants them to visit?
4. What kind of statue is found in Julius's work bag?
5. How does the Inspector deal with the children when he is done?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the mansion after Bast appears?
2. Why does Sadie sometimes hear a voice inside her?
3. Who is Shabti?
4. What is Philip of Macedonia?
5. Why does Zia say Serqet cannot follow them when they get to Cairo?
6. How does Bast say the world is really created and run?
7. What does Nut say to the person talking to her in their sleep?
8. How does Zia fight against Serqet at the museum?
9. Why is Sadie's vision of Osiris's imprisonment interrupted?
10. How do Carter, Sadie, and Zia get away from Serqet at the museum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
The members of the House of Life presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)