|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens the library doors?
2. Where are the ruins of Heliopolis?
3. What does Carter call the wax man?
4. What does Zia do when she hears of Iksander's death?
5. What does the Arab girl say she is the mistress of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trick does Bast show Carter on how to get through airport security?
2. How does Bast say they must defeat Set?
3. How does Julius blow up the museum?
4. What happens at the mansion after Bast appears?
5. What was Julius trying to do when the explosion in the museum happened?
6. How do Carter, Sadie, and Zia get away from Serqet at the museum?
7. What do Zia and Carter see in the secret chamber?
8. Why is Sadie's vision of Osiris's imprisonment interrupted?
9. Who is Shabti?
10. Why has Carter seen so much of the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Simmons have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)