|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Iksander die?
2. What Hall does Sadie have to walk through before meeting the Chief Lector?
3. Who has to open the gateway to the Duat?
4. Why doesn't Carter get much rest his first night in Paris?
5. Where does Sadie meet with Carter on the first morning in the First Nome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trick does Bast show Carter on how to get through airport security?
2. What does the Great Room look like?
3. What happens at the mansion after Bast appears?
4. What is Philip of Macedonia?
5. Why has Carter seen so much of the world?
6. Why does Zia say Serqet cannot follow them when they get to Cairo?
7. What does the narrator ask of the reader at the beginning of the book?
8. How do Carter, Sadie, and Zia get away from Serqet at the museum?
9. Where did the five Demon Days Gods come from?
10. What was Julius trying to do when the explosion in the museum happened?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)