|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sadie and Carter get away from the biggest Obelisk ever built?
2. Where in New York does Bast say the temple is?
3. How does Zia take Sadie to the Luxor?
4. What is the Arab girl's name?
5. What kind of floor does Carter land on after going through the vortex with Zia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sadie's vision of Osiris's imprisonment interrupted?
2. How does Sadie convince Carter to go into the library?
3. According to the author, how did this book come to be?
4. What does the Great Room look like?
5. What happens at the mansion after Bast appears?
6. What do Carter and Sadie argue about while looking for the temple and what happens?
7. What does Nut say to the person talking to her in their sleep?
8. What was Julius trying to do when the explosion in the museum happened?
9. How does Iksander say Egypt came to be such a great empire?
10. What trick does Bast show Carter on how to get through airport security?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carter endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
What happens at the Red Pyramid, and how are the Kanes affected by this?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)