|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Arab girl's name?
2. Where does Bast want them to go after using Sadie's portal?
3. What animal head is on Bast's true form?
4. Where does Sadie meet with Carter on the first morning in the First Nome?
5. Where does Carter find a sword when the mansion is broken into?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zia fight against Serqet at the museum?
2. What happens when Carter opens the Book of Thoth?
3. How does Julius blow up the museum?
4. Why is Sadie's vision of Osiris's imprisonment interrupted?
5. What does the Great Room look like?
6. What do Zia and Carter see in the secret chamber?
7. How does Sadie convince Carter to go into the library?
8. What was Julius trying to do when the explosion in the museum happened?
9. What does Nut say to the person talking to her in their sleep?
10. According to the author, how did this book come to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to Julius at the end of the book, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Simmons have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)