|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sadie do wrong when making her first working portal?
2. What is Nut the goddess of?
3. Why doesn't Carter sleep on the ivory headrest at the mansion?
4. Where is the family mansion located?
5. How tall is the first Sphinx Carter sees in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the author, how did this book come to be?
2. Why wasn't Nephthys able to talk to Sadie at the river?
3. How does Julius blow up the museum?
4. What happens when Carter opens the Book of Thoth?
5. How does Carter get out of the pyramid?
6. What do the two magicians at the Louvre tell Bast before they leave in the portal?
7. What does Zia tell Carter will happen now that she has left Desjardins?
8. What does Zia say to Carter in her telepathic message?
9. What do Zia and Carter see in the secret chamber?
10. Why does Carter say Zia is in such danger around Desjardins?
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Carter endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)