|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Sadie and Carter have to do in the Luxor?
2. Who interrupts Sadie's vision of Osiris?
3. Who is Sadie locked in her room with?
4. How long does Carter have to wait after the Arab girl makes the hieroglyph for open?
5. How does Zia take Sadie to the Luxor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zia fight against Serqet at the museum?
2. How does Bast say they must defeat Set?
3. What does the narrator ask of the reader at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Iksander say the Egyptian empire fell?
5. How does Bast say the world is really created and run?
6. Why does Sadie sometimes hear a voice inside her?
7. What do Carter and Sadie argue about while looking for the temple and what happens?
8. What is Philip of Macedonia?
9. Why has Carter seen so much of the world?
10. What was Julius trying to do when the explosion in the museum happened?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The members of the House of Life presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 2
What were some Mythological entities included in this plot, and how did their inclusion affect the progression and tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)