|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sadie meet with Carter on the first morning in the First Nome?
2. How does the Arab girl protect them from the things chasing them?
3. What does the narrator ask the reader to do?
4. Why does Carter keep watch after using Sadie's portal?
5. Why does Sadie have trouble in the airport after escaping the giant Obelisk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Iksander say the Egyptian empire fell?
2. What happens at the mansion after Bast appears?
3. Why does Sadie sometimes hear a voice inside her?
4. How does Sadie convince Carter to go into the library?
5. Why has Carter seen so much of the world?
6. Where did the five Demon Days Gods come from?
7. What does Amos teach the children about themselves the first morning in the mansion?
8. What do the two magicians at the Louvre tell Bast before they leave in the portal?
9. Why does Zia say Serqet cannot follow them when they get to Cairo?
10. What do Zia and Carter see in the secret chamber?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How does Carter and Sadie's relationship change throughout the course of the book, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What were some Mythological entities included in this plot, and how did their inclusion affect the progression and tone of the plot?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)