|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the table in the library made of?
2. Who tests Carter when he meets the Chief Lector?
3. Who does Nut want a note delivered to?
4. What is the biggest Obelisk ever built?
5. How does Zia take Sadie to the Luxor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Carter and Sadie argue about while looking for the temple and what happens?
2. Why is Sadie's vision of Osiris's imprisonment interrupted?
3. How do Carter, Sadie, and Zia get away from Serqet at the museum?
4. What was Julius trying to do when the explosion in the museum happened?
5. What trick does Bast show Carter on how to get through airport security?
6. Where did the five Demon Days Gods come from?
7. What does the narrator ask of the reader at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Nut say to the person talking to her in their sleep?
9. What happens when Carter opens the Book of Thoth?
10. How does Sadie convince Carter to go into the library?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)