|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chief Lector promise to punish Sadie for?
2. What does Sadie command Muffin to do when the mansion is broken into?
3. Where does Bast want them to go after using Sadie's portal?
4. How tall is Bast in her true form?
5. How does Bast buy some time when the carriers get within a block of them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Carter, Sadie, and Zia get away from Serqet at the museum?
2. What was Julius trying to do when the explosion in the museum happened?
3. How does Bast say they must defeat Set?
4. Why does Sadie choose to not kill Set?
5. Why can't Amos trust himself?
6. How does Carter feel inside the pyramid, and why?
7. What is Bast's version of Ruby's death?
8. Why does Sadie sometimes hear a voice inside her?
9. Why wasn't Nephthys able to talk to Sadie at the river?
10. Where does Sadie move the pyramid and why?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Simmons have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Julius at the end of the book, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)