|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Arab girl say she is the mistress of?
2. How does Zia take Sadie to the Luxor?
3. What does Chief Lector promise to punish Sadie for?
4. How are the library doors opened?
5. What does Per Ankh mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trick does Bast show Carter on how to get through airport security?
2. What do Carter and Sadie argue about while looking for the temple and what happens?
3. According to the author, how did this book come to be?
4. What does the narrator ask of the reader at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Philip of Macedonia?
6. How does Julius blow up the museum?
7. Why does Zia say Serqet cannot follow them when they get to Cairo?
8. How does Sadie convince Carter to go into the library?
9. How does Bast say the world is really created and run?
10. What is Bast's version of Ruby's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Set, and what does he do to gain followers?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)