|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amos create a boat?
2. Who is Sadie locked in her room with?
3. Who does Carter see capture Amos?
4. How does Carter get into the family mansion?
5. Who visits Nut while sleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the author, how did this book come to be?
2. What does Nut say to the person talking to her in their sleep?
3. What happens at the mansion after Bast appears?
4. Where did the five Demon Days Gods come from?
5. Why does Iksander say the Egyptian empire fell?
6. Who is Shabti?
7. What trick does Bast show Carter on how to get through airport security?
8. What does Amos teach the children about themselves the first morning in the mansion?
9. Why is Sadie's vision of Osiris's imprisonment interrupted?
10. How does Sadie convince Carter to go into the library?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Simmons have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)