|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often can Carter visit his sister?
2. Where is the family mansion located?
3. How many children are in the cab that is sent to Chelsea?
4. Where does Sadie sneak after being shown to the girls dormitory?
5. How does Amos create a boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Carter seen so much of the world?
2. What was Julius trying to do when the explosion in the museum happened?
3. What happens at the mansion after Bast appears?
4. What does Nut say to the person talking to her in their sleep?
5. What do Zia and Carter see in the secret chamber?
6. What happens when Carter opens the Book of Thoth?
7. What trick does Bast show Carter on how to get through airport security?
8. How does Sadie convince Carter to go into the library?
9. What is Philip of Macedonia?
10. How does Bast say they must defeat Set?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Simmons have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)