|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sadie command Muffin to do when the mansion is broken into?
2. How does Amos create a boat?
3. What is Set the god of?
4. What does the narrator ask the reader to do?
5. Where does Carter find a sword when the mansion is broken into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zia say Serqet cannot follow them when they get to Cairo?
2. How does Bast say the world is really created and run?
3. How does Iksander say Egypt came to be such a great empire?
4. What happens when Carter opens the Book of Thoth?
5. Why has Carter seen so much of the world?
6. How do Carter, Sadie, and Zia get away from Serqet at the museum?
7. How does Zia fight against Serqet at the museum?
8. What does Nut say to the person talking to her in their sleep?
9. Why is Sadie's vision of Osiris's imprisonment interrupted?
10. What does the narrator ask of the reader at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to Julius at the end of the book, and why?
Essay Topic 2
The members of the House of Life presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)