|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of floor does Carter land on after going through the vortex with Zia?
2. Who tests Carter when he meets the Chief Lector?
3. How did Iksander die?
4. What is the Arab girl's name?
5. How often can Carter visit his sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sadie sometimes hear a voice inside her?
2. Why has Carter seen so much of the world?
3. How does Bast say the world is really created and run?
4. What is Bast's version of Ruby's death?
5. Why does Iksander say the Egyptian empire fell?
6. According to the author, how did this book come to be?
7. What was Julius trying to do when the explosion in the museum happened?
8. Who is Shabti?
9. How does Zia fight against Serqet at the museum?
10. What is Philip of Macedonia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What were some Mythological entities included in this plot, and how did their inclusion affect the progression and tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)