Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Arab girl protect them from the things chasing them?
2. Why does Carter keep watch after using Sadie's portal?
3. Where is the family mansion located?
4. What kind of magic does Bast need to fight the carriers a block from the park?
5. How are Sadie and Amos related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Zia and Carter see in the secret chamber?
2. What happens at the mansion after Bast appears?
3. Why has Carter seen so much of the world?
4. What does Carter see on Elvis's tombstone?
5. What happens when Carter opens the Book of Thoth?
6. How does Julius blow up the museum?
7. How does Horus show his appreciation for the help of the Kanes?
8. Why can't Amos trust himself?
9. How do the Kanes get away from Sekhmet?
10. What do the two magicians at the Louvre tell Bast before they leave in the portal?
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the Red Pyramid, and how are the Kanes affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Simmons have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)