|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willams think Julius is involved in?
2. Who does Nut want a note delivered to?
3. How tall is Bast in her true form?
4. Why doesn't Carter sleep on the ivory headrest at the mansion?
5. What does the narrator ask the reader to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the mansion after Bast appears?
2. What does the Great Room look like?
3. How does Bast say they must defeat Set?
4. What do Zia and Carter see in the secret chamber?
5. What trick does Bast show Carter on how to get through airport security?
6. How does Iksander say Egypt came to be such a great empire?
7. How does Bast say the world is really created and run?
8. What was Julius trying to do when the explosion in the museum happened?
9. What happens when Carter opens the Book of Thoth?
10. Why does Zia say Serqet cannot follow them when they get to Cairo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)