|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sadie locked in her room with?
2. What does Per Ankh mean?
3. What is the first thing Sadie and Carter have to do in the Luxor?
4. Why was the tunnel up to the Sphinx closed?
5. What is Set the god of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator ask of the reader at the beginning of the book?
2. Who is Shabti?
3. What do Carter and Sadie argue about while looking for the temple and what happens?
4. What is Philip of Macedonia?
5. What is Bast's version of Ruby's death?
6. What do Zia and Carter see in the secret chamber?
7. What trick does Bast show Carter on how to get through airport security?
8. How does Bast say the world is really created and run?
9. Why does Iksander say the Egyptian empire fell?
10. Why is Sadie's vision of Osiris's imprisonment interrupted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)