Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Arab girl protect them from the things chasing them?
2. Why does Carter keep watch after using Sadie's portal?
3. Where is the family mansion located?
4. What kind of magic does Bast need to fight the carriers a block from the park?
5. How are Sadie and Amos related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Zia and Carter see in the secret chamber?
2. What happens at the mansion after Bast appears?
3. Why has Carter seen so much of the world?
4. What does Carter see on Elvis's tombstone?
5. What happens when Carter opens the Book of Thoth?
6. How does Julius blow up the museum?
7. How does Horus show his appreciation for the help of the Kanes?
8. Why can't Amos trust himself?
9. How do the Kanes get away from Sekhmet?
10. What do the two magicians at the Louvre tell Bast before they leave in the portal?
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Set, and what does he do to gain followers?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)