|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Bast in her true form?
2. How tall is the first Sphinx Carter sees in the book?
3. What does the Arab girl say she is the mistress of?
4. What is on the alter in the secret chamber that Zia sneaks off to in Paris?
5. Who does Nut want a note delivered to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zia say Serqet cannot follow them when they get to Cairo?
2. Where did the five Demon Days Gods come from?
3. Why has Carter seen so much of the world?
4. How does Iksander say Egypt came to be such a great empire?
5. What does the narrator ask of the reader at the beginning of the book?
6. What trick does Bast show Carter on how to get through airport security?
7. How does Bast say they must defeat Set?
8. What do Carter and Sadie argue about while looking for the temple and what happens?
9. According to the author, how did this book come to be?
10. What does Nut say to the person talking to her in their sleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carter endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Simmons have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)