|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the children near the market place learning to do?
2. How are Sadie and Amos related?
3. What kind of statue is found in Julius's work bag?
4. What does Carter call the wax man?
5. Where does Carter find a sword when the mansion is broken into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Zia and Carter see in the secret chamber?
2. How does Iksander say Egypt came to be such a great empire?
3. How does Zia fight against Serqet at the museum?
4. How does Bast say the world is really created and run?
5. Who is Shabti?
6. How does Julius blow up the museum?
7. Why does Zia say Serqet cannot follow them when they get to Cairo?
8. What do Carter and Sadie argue about while looking for the temple and what happens?
9. What does the narrator ask of the reader at the beginning of the book?
10. What happens at the mansion after Bast appears?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the Red Pyramid, and how are the Kanes affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
What were some Mythological entities included in this plot, and how did their inclusion affect the progression and tone of the plot?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)