|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Penn arrives home, he learns that ____________is still inside the house.
2. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
3. According to Althea, who was one of the agents that originally investigated Payton's death?
4. Penn stunned to see _______________.at the execution in Huntsville.
5. As Penn ponders what he has learned to this point, what does Penn begin to believe the murder was about?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the groups of people trying to prevent the truth about Payton's murder from being told. Compare and contrast these groups in terms of overall number, organization, overall motivation, ability to plan, and success achieved. How are they similar? How are they different? Does any one group actually end up succeeding? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Penn Cage and Olivia Marston become intimate during two different periods in their lives. Describe the circumstances surrounding each of these periods in which these two characters become involved. Then, examine how the first circumstances and the relationship these characters developed early in their lives impacted the circumstances surrounding their second meeting.
Essay Topic 3
In many ways, the novel is a series of contrasts designed to heighten the reader's awareness and draw the reader deeper into the story and the intricacies of each of the story's characters. Identify at least three contrasts that are used in the novel. Describe these contrasts and determine how they impact the story's plot, as well as the reader's emotional involvement in the characters' lives. If these identified contrasts were not included in the story, what impact would their absence have on the storyline, the characters' development, and the readers' involvement?
This section contains 1,496 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)