|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Penn stunned to see _______________.at the execution in Huntsville.
2. Shortly after the Payton murder, Presley had been arrested. For what had Presley been arrested?
3. When Livy shows up at Penn's house, the two take a drive. Where do they go?
4. What is the name of the Marston family home?
5. While having drinks at Biscuits and Blues, who interrupts Penn and his companion?
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes is this novel is revenge.
a. Identify three characters that use revenge as their primary motivation. For each character, describe an instance in which the character acted out of a need for revenge.
b. Why do these characters seek revenge?
c. What is the outcome for these characters? Were they successful in their endeavors, or would they have been more successful if they had not gone after revenge? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Tom Cage and Leo Marston.
a. How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
b. Compare the role that honesty plays in each of their lives. How is each character affected by the concept of honesty - both positively and negatively?
Essay Topic 3
Penn Cage and Olivia Marston become intimate during two different periods in their lives. Describe the circumstances surrounding each of these periods in which these two characters become involved. Then, examine how the first circumstances and the relationship these characters developed early in their lives impacted the circumstances surrounding their second meeting.
This section contains 1,491 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)