Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Penn stunned to see _______________.at the execution in Huntsville.
2. Shortly after the Payton murder, Presley had been arrested. For what had Presley been arrested?
3. When Livy shows up at Penn's house, the two take a drive. Where do they go?
4. What is the name of the Marston family home?
5. While having drinks at Biscuits and Blues, who interrupts Penn and his companion?
Essay Topic 1
Leo Marston wears different masks in the story. Both a community leader and a behind-the-scenes manipulator, Leo is a study in contradictions. Clearly, he can be a good man, but he just chooses not to be one. Identify, then compare and contrast the different sides of Leo Marston. How would the entire plot have been affected if Leo had not been successful at deceiving those around him? Why is it necessary for Leo to wear different masks? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story, there are several attempts made on Penn Craig's life.
a. Identify three characters or groups who try to kill Penn. Describe the situation and how Penn escapes.
b. Compare and contrast the characters that try to kill Penn, as well as these characters' motivations.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the groups of people trying to prevent the truth about Payton's murder from being told. Compare and contrast these groups in terms of overall number, organization, overall motivation, ability to plan, and success achieved. How are they similar? How are they different? Does any one group actually end up succeeding? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the story.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)