|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do most Capitalism leaders get their money?
2. Why does the author choose the definition of the spirit of capitalism used in this book?
3. When are low wages most effective?
4. What part of the population most embraced the Reformation?
5. What must there be a surplus of for Capitalism to succeed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Frederick I of Prussia say about Mennonites?
2. What do Protestants do during religious persecutions?
3. What do Catholics do during religious persecutions?
4. What was a major sign that capitalism was starting to mix with religion?
5. How does the author say Protestants and Catholics differ in their educational approaches?
6. Why does the author feel that not very many Catholics are seen as leaders in the business world?
7. What do Capitalistic businessmen do with their fortunes?
8. What old proverb does the author talk about in the first chapter, and what does it mean?
9. What does the author say makes Protestants natural Capitalists?
10. What was interesting to the author about the French Huguenot church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Luther feel about personal wealth, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What was your favorite quote from this book, and why was it so significant to you?
Essay Topic 3
What is the responsibility the author placed on the reader, and what do you plan to do in response to this?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)