|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the population most embraced the Catholic church?
2. How does the author define credit?
3. What does the Catholic church lower the importance of?
4. What must owners of expensive equipment consider when hiring?
5. How is the percentage of Protestant graduates in Hungary in relation to Catholics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Spirit of Capitalism?
2. What was different about female workers who had religious backgrounds from those who did not?
3. Where does the author claim most capitalist leaders obtained their personal wealth?
4. Where did the author get his list of economic do's?
5. What do Capitalistic businessmen do with their fortunes?
6. What did Frederick I of Prussia say about Mennonites?
7. What is traditionalism, and how do businessmen deal with it?
8. What does the author say makes Protestants natural Capitalists?
9. What is Rationalism?
10. What was interesting to the author about the French Huguenot church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Traditionalism, and what are some of the pros and cons of this kind of mindset?
Essay Topic 2
How did Luther feel about personal wealth, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is your personal definition of The Spirit of Capitalism after reading this book?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)