|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes laborers work harder?
2. Which religion has lots of leaders who advance during times of persecution?
3. Where did the author search to find the right definition of the spirit of capitalism for this book?
4. What makes harvesting the most productive?
5. What job did Cecil Rhode's father hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was interesting to the author about the French Huguenot church?
2. What does the author say makes Protestants natural Capitalists?
3. What did Montesquieu say about England?
4. What do Protestants do during religious persecutions?
5. What happened when the young female German workers were asked to change their methods?
6. How was the reform seen by different classes of people?
7. What old proverb does the author talk about in the first chapter, and what does it mean?
8. What is traditionalism, and how do businessmen deal with it?
9. What happens when skilled workers are hired, and why?
10. What does the author say the Reformation wanted to do with control?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the selection of quotes and excerpts chosen by Weber work together to make this book effective and significant?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main similarities and differences listed about Catholics and Protestants in this book, and what does the author say about these?
Essay Topic 3
What was the main message of this book, and why were these particular quotes chosen to share this message?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)