|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the highly developed sectors of the 16th century have in common?
2. Which of these countries used a form of Capitalism?
3. What kind of control did Reformers want to see?
4. Who wrote the definition of the spirit of capitalism used by the author?
5. What does the Catholic church lower the importance of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the author get his list of economic do's?
2. What was a major sign that capitalism was starting to mix with religion?
3. What happened when the young female German workers were asked to change their methods?
4. What do Capitalistic businessmen do with their fortunes?
5. Where does the author claim most capitalist leaders obtained their personal wealth?
6. What happens when skilled workers are hired, and why?
7. What was interesting to the author about the French Huguenot church?
8. What is the Spirit of Capitalism?
9. What is traditionalism, and how do businessmen deal with it?
10. How was the reform seen by different classes of people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Luther's relationship with God, and what led to this? How did he maintain this in his life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Weber feel about nature, and why did this set him apart from most of the other people in society at the time?`
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the analogies Weber used when teaching about Capitalism, and how did they affect the audiences who heard them?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)