|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best instills a sense of responsibility in work?
2. Why did the author hesitate to define the spirit of capitalism?
3. What does Austria not consider when buying imports?
4. What countries does the author say are the most religious?
5. Where do most Capitalism leaders get their money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was different about female workers who had religious backgrounds from those who did not?
2. What does the author say makes Protestants natural Capitalists?
3. How was the reform seen by different classes of people?
4. What was a major sign that capitalism was starting to mix with religion?
5. What old proverb does the author talk about in the first chapter, and what does it mean?
6. Where does the author claim most capitalist leaders obtained their personal wealth?
7. What is Rationalism?
8. What do Protestants do during religious persecutions?
9. What are the two main drivers of economics?
10. What happens when skilled workers are hired, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Quakers differ from most people in society, and why did they allow these differences to maintain themselves?
Essay Topic 2
What is predestination, and what were some of the thoughts presented about this controversial idea? Finish your essay by either supporting or denying the concepts of predestination.
Essay Topic 3
What was Luther's relationship with God, and what led to this? How did he maintain this in his life?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)