|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language is the word Beruf used in?
2. What warning did Calvin give his followers about Predestination?
(a) They should not teach their doctrine too widely.
(b) They should not hope to be saved.
(c) They should not be like the world.
(d) They should not try to decide who was saved.
3. Who's will was discussed at length in the big Confession of 1647?
(a) Man's will.
(b) God's will.
(c) Religion's will.
(d) Christ's will.
4. What part of a man is most changed when he becomes religious?
(a) His emotional part.
(b) His physical part.
(c) His mental part.
(d) His psychological part.
5. What decade was the Reformation in when the idea of the Beruf came out?
(a) The first.
(b) The second.
(c) The third.
(d) The fourth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did Calvin say would be saved?
2. What were the Puritan's only objective?
3. How did Luther's ideas about predestination change over time?
4. What did Cromwell say hurt the peasants?
5. What did Luther say worldly duties were subordinate to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did August Francke's movement entail?
2. How did Pascal feel about the ideas of personal callings?
3. Why does the author say he spends so much time talking about the Reformation?
4. Why did Calvin do away with private confessions?
5. How did Luther feel about Monastic life, and why?
6. What was the major goal of most Traditionalists?
7. What was Christian asceticism?
8. How did Calvinists feel about education, and why?
9. What was the idea of Terminism?
10. How did Luther feel about worldly duties, and why?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)