|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of duties were fulfilled through the Beruf?
(d) All of these.
2. Which King of England differed highly with the Puritan sects?
(a) King Charles III.
(b) King William IV.
(c) King Henry II.
(d) King James I.
3. Who believed man's role in life was a task?
4. How do Christians think grace is earned?
(a) Through personal worthiness.
(b) It is not earned.
(c) Through repentance.
(d) Through good deeds.
5. Who had great influence on Luther?
(a) The Pope.
(b) His father.
(c) A great mystic.
(d) The Saints.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many forms of Protestantism are there?
2. Where did Luther get the idea for personal callings?
3. What did Cromwell say hurt the peasants?
4. What were the Puritan's only objective?
5. What did Traditionalists never want to receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Luther's ideas about Monastic life so ironic?
2. What does the term Predestination mean?
3. Why did Traditionalist work hard during their lives?
4. What does Beruf mean?
5. What was the major goal of most Traditionalists?
6. What did August Francke's movement entail?
7. Why did Calvin do away with private confessions?
8. What was the main goal of Pietism, and what did that lead to?
9. How did the ideas about the nature of man differ from Calvinism and Lutheranism?
10. How did Cromwell's ideas about the poor relate to American finances?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)