|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion allowed for monastic life?
2. Who did Calvinists believe was the best confidant for sins?
(b) A spouse.
(d) A priest.
3. What kind of literature does Pilgrim's Progress fall under?
4. What does Cor. ii say would cause detriment to others at our blame?
(a) Means beyond the essential.
(c) Altered traditions.
(d) Political changes.
5. How did Luther say God ranked things of importance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brought the idea of Beruf to Protestants?
2. What did some Calvinists refuse to do for their dead?
3. Who does God withhold his grace from according to the big Confession of 1647?
4. What did Methodism intend to do?
5. How did Luther suggest his followers eliminate doubt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the major goal of most Traditionalists?
2. How did Catholics think salvation would come?
3. What did Phillip Jakob Spencer do to change the religious climate of the time?
4. How did Calvinists feel about education, and why?
5. What did August Francke's movement entail?
6. How did Lutheran's believe God worked through men?
7. Why were Luther's ideas about Monastic life so ironic?
8. How did Calvinism interpret the idea of personal callings?
9. Why does the author say he spends so much time talking about the Reformation?
10. What was the main goal of Pietism, and what did that lead to?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)