|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Christians think grace is earned?
(a) It is not earned.
(b) Through repentance.
(c) Through personal worthiness.
(d) Through good deeds.
2. Who does the author say was necessary for the success of the Reformation?
(b) All of these.
3. How did Pascal describe worldly duties?
4. Where was Luther from?
5. Why did Calvinists not condone sensual feelings?
(a) It brought a false sense of salvation.
(b) It took men away from God.
(c) It put focus on physicality.
(d) It led to sinning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sources led to the idea of Predestination?
2. Who did Calvin say men existed for?
3. What kind of literature does Pilgrim's Progress fall under?
4. How did Luther view monastic life?
5. What language is the word Beruf used in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Luther feel about Monastic life, and why?
2. Why did Calvinists become so judgmental?
3. How did Catholics think salvation would come?
4. How did Calvinism interpret the idea of personal callings?
5. Why does the author say he spends so much time talking about the Reformation?
6. Where did Luther get the idea of personal callings?
7. What does the term Predestination mean?
8. How did Pascal feel about the ideas of personal callings?
9. What was the major goal of most Traditionalists?
10. What did Phillip Jakob Spencer do to change the religious climate of the time?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)