|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did Pietism become part of?
2. What does Beruf mean?
(a) A weakness.
(b) A trial.
(c) A calling.
(d) A vision.
3. What sense of sin did Calvin never want to leave humans?
(a) The emotional sense.
(b) The mental sense.
(c) The physical sense.
(d) The literal sense.
4. Who had great influence on Luther?
(a) The Saints.
(b) A great mystic.
(c) The Pope.
(d) His father.
5. What did Cromwell say hurt the peasants?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cor. ii say would cause detriment to others at our blame?
2. How did Luther feel his ideas connected with Capitalism?
3. What warning did Calvin give his followers about Predestination?
4. Who did Calvin say decided the fate of men?
5. What was considered the highest station in life to Luther?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the term Predestination mean?
2. How does the Lord's prayer change ideas in Capitalism?
3. How did Calvinists feel about education, and why?
4. Why did Calvinists become so judgmental?
5. How did Luther feel about worldly duties, and why?
6. What was Christian asceticism?
7. Why does the author say he spends so much time talking about the Reformation?
8. How did Calvinism interpret the idea of personal callings?
9. How did Cromwell's ideas about the poor relate to American finances?
10. How did Pascal feel about the ideas of personal callings?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)