|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Frederick I of Prussia was indispensable?
2. What does the author say will most alter a population for the best?
3. What kind of control did Reformers want to see?
4. Who established the Southern colonies?
(a) Religious idealists.
(c) Political extremists.
5. What practice will be enhanced the most by the author's list of do's?
(a) Business practice.
(b) Skills practice.
(c) All of these.
(d) Relationship practice.
6. What are the two factors in Eastern Germany?
(a) Capitalists and Socialists.
(b) Catholics and Protestants.
(c) Christians and Atheists.
(d) Germans and Poles.
7. What best instills a sense of responsibility in work?
8. How did the middle class feel about the Reformation?
(a) They didn't know about it.
(b) They accepted it.
(c) They fought it.
(d) They loved it.
9. What does the author say man is driven by?
(a) The need to make money.
(b) The need to believe in God.
(c) The need to procreate.
(d) The need to prove himself.
10. What did the highly developed sectors of the 16th century have in common?
(a) They had family wealth.
(b) They were educated.
(c) They followed Protestant ideals.
(d) They were far from monarchs.
11. Why does the author choose to define the spirit of capitalism?
(a) For the thinning out of information.
(b) For the ease of writing.
(c) For the sake of discussion.
(d) For the sake of illustration.
12. What do most Catholics do in school?
(a) Stop to have families.
(b) Study historical items.
(c) Stick with their craft.
(d) Avoid mathematical associations.
13. What word is used to describe the Catholic church in the 15th century?
14. What did the Reformation work to bring about?
(a) New rules to follow.
(b) New availability of information.
(c) A new control.
(d) A new climate.
15. What does leadership in Capitalism require?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Catholic church lower the importance of?
2. Where has Capitalism been the most successful?
3. Which religion has lots of leaders who advance during times of persecution?
4. What religion was Benjamin Franklin's father?
5. What did Frederick I of Prussia tolerate about the religion he said was indispensable?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)