|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Montesquieu say England was successful in?
(a) All of these.
2. How does the author define credit?
(a) A good opportunity.
(b) A sinking financial hole.
(c) The way to perpetuate wealth.
(d) Money put in someone else's hand.
3. What does the author strongly state is NOT a part of Capitalism?
4. What does the Catholic church lower the importance of?
(a) Scriptural teachings.
(b) Worldly wealth.
(c) Cooperation with other religions.
(d) Family relationships.
5. What caused the Catholic church to be called a certain word int he 15th century?
(a) It was too far from the real people.
(b) It was too easy for sinners to repent.
(c) It was too exclusive to the rich.
(d) It was far too hard to repent.
6. How was Calvinism different than the Catholic church?
(a) It was more scripture based.
(b) It was much more controlling.
(c) It was more forgiving.
(d) It was more accessible.
7. What religion are most business leaders in America?
8. What are the two factors in Eastern Germany?
(a) Capitalists and Socialists.
(b) Christians and Atheists.
(c) Germans and Poles.
(d) Catholics and Protestants.
9. Which religion has lots of leaders who advance during times of persecution?
10. What makes harvesting the most productive?
(a) Doing it at the right time.
(b) Having lots of help.
(c) Hard work.
(d) Singular plans.
11. What does the author say a man does when he is idle?
(a) Wastes all he has.
(b) Offends God.
(c) Throws money away.
(d) Dies a little.
12. What religion are most capital owners in America?
13. Who wrote the definition of the spirit of capitalism used by the author?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Henry Ford.
14. Who did Frederick I of Prussia was indispensable?
15. How do Calvinists see work?
(a) You work to not be idle.
(b) You work to feed your family.
(c) You work to please God.
(d) You work when you are poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does leadership in Capitalism require?
2. How is the percentage of Catholic graduates in Bavaria in relation to Protestants?
3. What did Frederick I of Prussia tolerate about the religion he said was indispensable?
4. What did Medieval Capitalistic societies lack?
5. What kind of control did Reformers want to see?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)