|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Catholic church lower the importance of?
(a) Cooperation with other religions.
(b) Family relationships.
(c) Scriptural teachings.
(d) Worldly wealth.
2. When does the author say his list of do's can be used?
(a) In social circles.
(b) In personal lives.
(c) All of these.
(d) In business.
3. What do the Catholics frown on the Protestants for?
(a) Their secular prowess.
(b) Their common meetings.
(c) Their interpretation of scripture.
(d) Their lack of rituals.
4. Why does the author choose the definition of the spirit of capitalism used in this book?
(b) All of these.
(c) It is pure.
(d) There are no religious ties.
5. What kind of control did Reformers want to see?
6. How was Calvinism different than the Catholic church?
(a) It was more forgiving.
(b) It was much more controlling.
(c) It was more accessible.
(d) It was more scripture based.
7. What does the author say man is driven by?
(a) The need to make money.
(b) The need to prove himself.
(c) The need to procreate.
(d) The need to believe in God.
8. Where do most Capitalism leaders get their money?
(a) Business trades.
9. What does the author say Protestant religions always have a spirit of?
(a) Hard work.
10. What does the author say all money lenders will consider?
(d) Personal wealth.
11. How does the author define credit?
(a) A sinking financial hole.
(b) A good opportunity.
(c) The way to perpetuate wealth.
(d) Money put in someone else's hand.
12. What best instills a sense of responsibility in work?
13. What are leaders in business usually seen as pillars of?
(b) All of these.
(c) Church circles.
(d) Their family.
14. What does Austria not consider when buying imports?
(b) International ideals.
(c) Price ranges.
(d) Religious affiliations.
15. What does the author strongly state is NOT a part of Capitalism?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the percentage of Catholic graduates in Bavaria in relation to Protestants?
2. What does the author say a man does when he is idle?
3. Who wrote the definition of the spirit of capitalism used by the author?
4. What are the two factors in Eastern Germany?
5. What religion is most popular in governments with free capitalism?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)