|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the Catholic church to be called a certain word int he 15th century?
(a) It was too exclusive to the rich.
(b) It was too easy for sinners to repent.
(c) It was too far from the real people.
(d) It was far too hard to repent.
2. How is the percentage of Catholic graduates in Bavaria in relation to Protestants?
(a) They are much less.
(b) They are lagging.
(c) They are ahead.
(d) They are the same.
3. What practice will be enhanced the most by the author's list of do's?
(a) Business practice.
(b) Relationship practice.
(c) Skills practice.
(d) All of these.
4. What makes laborers work harder?
5. What makes harvesting the most productive?
(a) Doing it at the right time.
(b) Having lots of help.
(c) Singular plans.
(d) Hard work.
6. Why do some laborers prefer to find loopholes in the system?
(a) They have no motivation for growth.
(b) They are a laborer and not a master.
(c) They are not honest in nature.
(d) They have no loyalty.
7. What part of the population most embraced the Catholic church?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The nobles.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The poor.
8. What are the two factors in Eastern Germany?
(a) Capitalists and Socialists.
(b) Christians and Atheists.
(c) Germans and Poles.
(d) Catholics and Protestants.
9. Which of these countries used a form of Capitalism?
(a) All of these.
10. How did the middle class feel about the Reformation?
(a) They loved it.
(b) They didn't know about it.
(c) They fought it.
(d) They accepted it.
11. What did Frederick I of Prussia tolerate about the religion he said was indispensable?
(a) Their refusal to be in the military.
(b) Their refusal to work on Sunday.
(c) Their refusal to wear normal clothing.
(d) Their refusal to pay taxes.
12. What do most Protestants want to learn their craft for?
(a) To market their skills.
(b) To keep the status quo.
(c) To advance in industry.
(d) To bless their family.
13. What does the author say a man needs to make money?
(a) All of these.
14. How is money looked at in modern economies?
15. What did the highly developed sectors of the 16th century have in common?
(a) They were educated.
(b) They had family wealth.
(c) They followed Protestant ideals.
(d) They were far from monarchs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author say men should spend money?
2. Who wrote the definition of the spirit of capitalism used by the author?
3. What does Austria not consider when buying imports?
4. How was Calvinism different than the Catholic church?
5. What does the author say will most alter a population for the best?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)