|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louie and Rosamond's chauffeur's name?
2. What does Mrs. St. Peter have under the table that causes her trouble at her dinner with Sir Edgar Spilling?
(b) A begging dog.
(c) A loose floor board.
(d) An electric bell to call the servants.
3. How many volumes of history did the Professor write?
4. In what place is Louie going to give his wife her new jewels?
(a) In Chicago.
(b) At home.
(c) In New York.
(d) At their first dinner party at Outland.
5. What does Lillian make for Scott for a dinner?
(a) Turkey and dressing.
(b) Cream soup and frozen pudding.
(c) Chicken pot pie.
(d) Roast and potatoes.
6. What two things does Mrs. St. Peter like about her new house?
(a) Electric light and closets.
7. What does the Professor call the garden in his former home?
(a) The "treed" garden.
(b) The "green" garden.
(c) The "other-house" garden.
(d) The "wine" garden
8. Other than the language Outland studied with the priest, what other languages did he know?
(a) Italian and English.
(b) Spanish and English.
(c) German and Italian.
(d) Spanish and German.
9. Whom does St. Peter continue to search for?
(b) Tom Outland.
(c) Father Duchêne.
(d) Rodney Blake.
10. Who is the current student who excited the Professor to controversy?
(a) Hazel Grough.
(b) Joe Green.
(c) Temple Hat.
(d) Tod Miller.
11. What happens in early November in the novel?
(a) An early snow-storm.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A dust-storm.
(d) A war.
12. How is the attic study heated?
(a) By a coal furnace in the room.
(b) By central heat.
(c) By a wood stove.
(d) By a fireplace.
13. What kind of home are Louie Marsellus and his wife building?
(a) A Buckingham country house.
(b) A Norwegian manor house.
(c) A mansion on Main Street.
(d) A loft in the city.
14. Who is Mrs. Crane's brother?
(a) The Professor.
(c) Lillian's cousin.
(d) Homer Bright.
15. Who, according to Augusta, composed "The Magnificat"?
(d) The Blessed Virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Dr. Crane?
2. How did Outland's father die?
3. What bracelet was Rosamond wearing when Louie first saw her?
4. Where does Mrs. Crane sit when she comes to visit the Professor in his study?
5. Where did Mrs. St Peter think the pot that Outland gave her should reside?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)