|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Crane sit when she comes to visit the Professor in his study?
(a) In the window seat.
(b) In Augusta's sewing chair.
(c) She stands.
(d) In a rocker.
2. Who shares the study with the Professor?
(b) Augusta and her dress forms.
3. Where did Mrs. St Peter think the pot that Outland gave her should reside?
(a) Back at the mesa.
(b) On her mantle.
(c) In her best friend's house.
(d) In a museum.
4. Why does Mrs. St. Peter scold her husband the morning after the dinner party?
(a) For slurping his soup.
(b) For burping at the dinner table.
(c) For being ungracious.
(d) For tripping down the stairs.
5. What color is the fur worn by Rosamond that catches her father's eye?
6. When Scott and the Professor go swimming, what does Scott confess is bothering him?
(a) That Kathleen is unhappy with her sister.
(b) That Louie and Rosamond are naming their new house after Tom Outland.
(c) That he is angry that Louie gets so much attention from his mother-in-law.
(d) That he is also going to build a new house.
7. Who was engaged to Tom Outland?
8. Where does Dr. Crane work on the campus?
(a) The auto body shop.
(b) The Physics laboratory.
(c) The English building.
(d) The Administration building.
9. What does Rosamond want to build for her father?
(a) A garden.
(b) A new house.
(c) A lake house.
(d) A new study in the back yard of the new house.
10. Why do the Professor and his wife travel to Chicago?
(a) For shopping.
(b) For the Professor to give a lecture.
(c) To go with their daughter and son-in-law.
(d) To see the opera.
11. How was the Professor able to build a new house?
(a) With the Oxford prize money he won for writing a series of history books.
(b) With the money he made from Outland.
(c) With prize money for a book on economics.
(d) With his invention of a new motorcar.
12. Who, according to Outland, made the best Indian pottery?
(a) The Navahos.
(b) The Kiowa.
(c) The Hopis.
(d) The cliff-dwellers.
13. What kind of property does the Professor own at the lake?
(a) A treed lot with a cabin.
(b) A boat dock and a small strip of land.
(c) A triangle waterfront with a bath-house.
(d) He does not own anything on the lake.
14. What does Scott write?
(b) Editorials and jingles.
(d) Feature stories.
15. What was Outland carrying when he first met the Professor?
(a) Potter wrapped in a blanket.
(b) A backpack.
(c) A flower bucket.
(d) A grey canvas telescope.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Crane wrote to Rosamond, how did she respond?
2. Other than the editorials, what does Scott write daily for the paper?
3. What was the Professor's job in Paris?
4. Who is Mrs. Crane's brother?
5. Where did the Professor grow up?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)