|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. St Peter think the pot that Outland gave her should reside?
(a) Back at the mesa.
(b) In a museum.
(c) On her mantle.
(d) In her best friend's house.
2. What does Kathleen notice in her father's study that belonged to Outland?
(a) A ruby ring.
(b) The Mexican blanket.
(c) His hat.
(d) A turquoise belt buckle.
3. Where did the Professor grow up?
(a) In Chicago near the Art Institute.
(b) Near Lake Michigan and then in Kansas.
(c) In New York along the banks of the Hudson.
(d) In Ohio and then to Missouri.
4. What language did Outland study with a priest?
5. When Mrs. Crane wrote to Rosamond, how did she respond?
(a) Rosamond wrote her a letter.
(b) Through her lawyer.
(c) Louie called Mrs. Crane.
(d) Rosamond had her father talk to Mrs. Crane.
6. What does Lillian make for Scott for a dinner?
(a) Chicken pot pie.
(b) Roast and potatoes.
(c) Turkey and dressing.
(d) Cream soup and frozen pudding.
7. What does Dr. Crane wear on his feet in the lab when working?
(b) Carpet slippers.
(c) Tennis Shoes.
8. What are Louie and Rosamond calling their new home?
(d) St. Peter.
9. What is Louie and Rosamond's chauffeur's name?
10. Why does Augusta appear for work at the beginning of the novel?
(a) To cook for the Professor.
(b) To help the Professor with the garden.
(c) To make curtains and hem linens for Mrs. St Peter.
(d) To help move the Professor.
11. What does Rosamond want to build for her father?
(a) A new study in the back yard of the new house.
(b) A lake house.
(c) A garden.
(d) A new house.
12. What does the Professor's family think about the bathroom of a house?
(a) That it should be small.
(b) That it should be the most attractive room.
(c) That it should be out of the house.
(d) That it should be on the main floor.
13. What color is the fur worn by Rosamond that catches her father's eye?
14. Where does Louie announce that he is taking his wife and his in-laws for a vacation?
(a) To Georgia.
(b) To Germany.
(c) To France.
(d) To Florida.
15. Other than the language Outland studied with the priest, what other languages did he know?
(a) Italian and English.
(b) Spanish and German.
(c) German and Italian.
(d) Spanish and English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be seen from the window of the study?
2. Other than the editorials, what does Scott write daily for the paper?
3. What did Tom Outland invent?
4. What does the Professor love to do on hot days?
5. What was Outland carrying when he first met the Professor?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)