|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to take the lashes for Edward?
(a) No one.
(b) A monk.
(d) The captain of the King's Guard.
2. Where is Edward sitting that evening?
(a) Outside Canterbury.
(b) Outside Buckinham Palace.
(c) Inside his bedroom at the castle.
(d) Outside Westminster Abbey.
3. Why doesn't Edward command the family to stand while he is eating?
(a) He is afraid they will kill him.
(b) They have been kind to him.
(c) He is not there in his official role.
(d) They are already seated.
4. What does the constable force the woman to do?
(a) Give him two of the ten gold coins.
(b) Give him the ring.
(c) Give him the sapphire.
(d) Sell him the pig for the lower price.
5. What is Edward renamed?
(a) King of the Game-Cocks.
(b) Kin of the Game-Cocks the Third.
(c) King Foo-Foo the First.
(d) King of Nothing the First.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miles refuse to do?
2. What astonishes Edward after breakfast?
3. What does Miles want from Sir Marlow?
4. Who is appointed the king's ward?
5. Who is Sir Humphrey Marlow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Tom adapted to his role as king?
2. How does Hugh react to Miles? What does he tell Miles? What is Miles' response?
3. Whom does Edward meet the morning after he escapes from Canty and the gang? What do they do with him?
4. For how long is Miles sentenced after being taken from Hendon Hall? How does Edward compound the problem?
5. What happens when Tom is being crowned?
6. Who interrupts the hermit's plans for Edward? How does he miss seeing Edward?
7. What happens when Edith comes into the room to see Miles?
8. What does the hermit tell Edward and what does he do with Edward?
9. How do Miles and Edward get away from the constable?
10. Who picks a fight with Edward? Who wins? What happens because of the fight's outcome?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)