|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miles say about Hugo?
(a) Hugo wrote the letter that said Miles was dead.
(b) Hugo deserves Mary as his wife.
(c) Hugo is an illegitimate son.
(d) Hugo has been a good steward.
2. What punishment does Hugh suggest for Edward?
(a) Twenty lashes.
(c) Six lashes.
(d) No food for 48 hours.
3. Who becomes a source of information for Miles while Miles is being detained?
(a) Andrew Henlon.
(b) Sir Robert Blake.
(c) Miles' former nurse.
(d) Blake Andrews.
4. Whom does Miles ask to see?
5. Who is Sir Humphrey Marlow?
(a) Edward's guardian.
(b) Miles' former valet.
(c) Miles' friend at court.
(d) Edward's tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nobles in the gallery do as the Archbishop lifts the crown over Tom's head?
2. Who encourages Tom to smile?
3. Who is appointed the king's ward?
4. Who wins the fight between Hugo and Edward?
5. What does Miles do in front of the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tom is being crowned?
2. What happens to Miles when he first arrives at the palace and asks to see Sir Humphrey?
3. Describe Tom's appearance during the recognition procession. What custom does he follow?
4. What does Miles do when he and Edward get separated?
5. What happens when Miles arrives at Edward's side?
6. Where do Miles and Edward go after leaving the constable? Describe the place.
7. Whom does Edward meet the morning after he escapes from Canty and the gang? What do they do with him?
8. For how long is Miles sentenced after being taken from Hendon Hall? How does Edward compound the problem?
9. What happens when Edith comes into the room to see Miles?
10. What does the hermit tell Edward and what does he do with Edward?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)