|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hertford ask Tom in Chapter 14?
(a) What he wants for dinner.
(b) Where the great seal is located.
(c) If he wants to dine with Lady Jane that night.
(d) If he has seen the tailor for his coronation robes.
2. For what does Hertford go to the prince?
(a) The book on military strategy.
(b) The Great Seal.
(c) To tell him what time they will meet that afternoon.
(d) The prince's permission for the Duke of Norfolk.
3. What does the group find in a village as they pillage through the countryside?
(a) People armed with spears and pitchforks.
(b) Nothing to steal.
(c) Everyone is dead of the plague.
(d) A barn full of grain.
4. John Canty drags the prince to _____________.
(b) Offal Court.
(c) Tom's begging corner.
5. What does Father Andrew teach Tom?
(a) How to read and write and some Latin.
(b) About the Catholic religion.
(c) How to say Mass.
(d) How to read and speak French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Humphrey?
2. For how long is the prince pursued and persecuted by the crowd?
3. What does Tom try on when he is returned to Edward's room?
4. What does the king tell Hertford to use for signing orders?
5. Who stands around Tom while he eats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people in the barn do when Edward tells them he is the king of England?
2. How does Mrs. Canty test Edward to see if he is Tom? What is the result of the test?
3. What does Edward see when he wakes in the barn and what do the people talk about?
4. What is Tom's house like? Who lives there with him?
5. What does Tom do with the three criminals from question #29?
6. Who arrives at the Guildhall as Hendon takes the prince to safety? What is the result of this arrival?
7. What does Tom do after dinner?
8. How does Tom like the king's duties? What criminals does he see a couple of days after he becomes the king?
9. What does Hertford tell the king when Henry awakes? What does the king need to do about it? Why can't Henry do it?
10. Why is Tom taken to meet with Lord St. John and Lord Hertford? Who else comes in to talk with Tom? How does he feel about them?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)