|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language is Tom first questioned by Edward's father?
2. How does Miles feel about Edward?
(c) Fond of him.
(d) Irritated with him.
3. Who has approved the situation with the Duke of Norfolk?
(a) The King's Council.
(b) The full Parliament.
(c) The House of Lords.
(d) The prince.
4. What is Tom doing while the prince has gone to talk to the guards?
(a) Looking for money to steal.
(b) Sleeping on the prince's bed.
(c) Eating as much food as he can find.
(d) Admiring himself in the prince's clothes.
5. The event which Tom's servants prepare him for will be attended by ______________.
(a) His parents.
(b) His brother and sisters.
(c) A large company of citizens.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom's father forces him to __________.
2. What does Edward say to Mrs. Canty?
3. How does the king feel about the situation with the Duke of Norfolk?
4. To where do Tom, Jane, and Elizabeth walk?
5. What does Tom think about his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tom's house like? Who lives there with him?
2. What does John Canty do with Edward when he sees him? Who tries to stop him? What does John do to that person?
3. What does Miles tell Edward of his problem with Miles' brother?
4. What does Hertford tell the king when Henry awakes? What does the king need to do about it? Why can't Henry do it?
5. What does the prince's presentation to the people look like?
6. What does Tom dream about on the night the king dies? How does he feel when he wakes the next morning?
7. What does Canty tell Edward when Hugo leads him to Tom's father?
8. What is the setting of The Prince and the Pauper? What are the circumstances of Tom's birth and Edward's birth?
9. What does Miles find when he returns to the room where he left the prince? What does a servant tell him?
10. How does Tom like the king's duties? What criminals does he see a couple of days after he becomes the king?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)