|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miles find when he returns to the tavern room?
(a) Edward is still eating.
(b) Edward is still at the stables.
(c) Edward is gone.
(d) Edward is still taking a bath.
2. What does Tom put into his pocket at dinner?
(a) A sweet roll.
3. Of what does the prince dream when he sleeps that night?
(a) He is back in the palace.
(b) Tom has fooled his father.
(c) His mother finds him.
(d) John Canty kills him.
4. Why won't Tom use his napkin?
(a) He uses the tablecloth.
(b) It is too pretty to soil.
(c) He does not know how to use it.
(d) It falls on the floor.
5. What does Henry declare about Tom?
(a) He is not permanently mad.
(b) He is not his son.
(c) The court physician will heal him.
(d) The priest says that Tom is fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man at the Canty's door yell to John?
2. What does Tom's grandmother help John do?
3. Where does Miles look for Edward?
4. What does John Canty do when the prince struggles against him?
5. What happens in Tom's dream about a dwarf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tom taken to meet with Lord St. John and Lord Hertford? Who else comes in to talk with Tom? How does he feel about them?
2. Who arrives at the Guildhall as Hendon takes the prince to safety? What is the result of this arrival?
3. Describe the place where Tom is taken for dinner.
4. What does the prince's presentation to the people look like?
5. What is Tom's house like? Who lives there with him?
6. What does Edward command Miles to do before the prince will go to sleep? What does Miles do first when morning comes?
7. What does Tom do on the first day in which they believe he is the king?
8. Describe London in Tom's time. In what area of London does Tom's family live?
9. What is the setting of The Prince and the Pauper? What are the circumstances of Tom's birth and Edward's birth?
10. Where does Edward go the first time he escapes from Canty and the others?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)