|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel about his discovery in Chapter 14?
2. What happens in Tom's dream about a dwarf?
(a) The dwarf tells him he will be king for a long time.
(b) The dwarf tells him he will be executed.
(c) The dwarf shows him where to dig for new pennies.
(d) The dwarf tells him where his mother is staying.
3. Tom's father forces him to __________.
(a) Sell newspapers.
(c) Sell fish.
(d) Clean boats.
4. What does Mrs. Canty think about Edward?
(a) There is something different about him.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He must have been hit on the head.
(d) He is telling the truth.
5. What clothes does Tom wear for the ceremony in question #53?
(a) White satin.
(b) Seal fur and silk.
(c) A red silk jacket.
(d) Black leather pants and shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's last name?
2. How does Hertford react to St. John thinking that Tom is an impostor?
3. What does Edward observe when he wakes in a barn?
4. How do a group of outcasts treat Edward when he says he is the King of England?
5. For what do Tom's servants prepare Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tom taken to meet with Lord St. John and Lord Hertford? Who else comes in to talk with Tom? How does he feel about them?
2. What happens when Lady Jane Grey visits Tom as the prince?
3. What do Hertford and St. John decide individually and together about Tom?
4. What does Tom do on the first day in which they believe he is the king?
5. What does the prince's presentation to the people look like?
6. Who arrives at the Guildhall as Hendon takes the prince to safety? What is the result of this arrival?
7. How does Tom like the king's duties? What criminals does he see a couple of days after he becomes the king?
8. What does Canty do with the prince when he gets to his house? What does Canty tell the prince to do? How does Mrs. Canty react?
9. What does Tom read about? What does he do with what he learns? What does he desire from his reading?
10. What does Edward see when he wakes in the barn and what do the people talk about?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)