|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Edward traveling?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A monk and priest.
(c) Ruffler's outaws.
(d) Several of the King's Guard.
2. What does Miles do in front of the King?
(a) Drops to his knees and offers his allegiance.
(b) Ignores the King.
(c) Tells the King he needs to right many things in the country.
(d) Pats the King on the shoulder.
3. Why does Edward go to a hut where an old man is praying?
(a) Edward wants help fending off Hugo.
(b) Edward sees the King's Guard at the hut.
(c) Edward is lost in the woods.
(d) Edward is tired and cannot make it all the way to London that night.
4. Who is Arthur?
(a) Miles' older brother.
(b) Mary's brother.
(c) Edith's brother.
(d) Miles' youngest brother.
5. Where does the whipping boy ask Miles to wait?
(a) In the foyer.
(b) In the arena.
(c) On a stone bench.
(d) In the gardens.
6. Who offers to take the lashes for Edward?
(a) The captain of the King's Guard.
(b) No one.
(d) A monk.
7. Why does the constable let Edward go?
(a) He believes Edward is innocent.
(b) He thinks the judge was unreasonable.
(c) Miles threatens him.
(d) He has a soft spot for children.
8. Who is Sir Humphrey Marlow?
(a) Miles' friend at court.
(b) Miles' former valet.
(c) Edward's tutor.
(d) Edward's guardian.
9. Who arrives just as Edward throws down a bundle Hugo has stolen?
(a) The magister.
(c) A monk.
(d) The king's guard.
10. Who accompanies Tom in the procession?
(a) Just Edward.
(b) No one.
(c) Miles and Edward.
(d) The Kings Guard.
11. How long is Edward's rule?
(a) A year.
(b) Forty-two years.
(c) Several decades.
(d) Five months.
12. What makes the bundle that was stolen valuable?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A dressed pig.
(c) A large sapphire.
(d) Ten gold coins.
13. Who is Sir Marlow to the whipping boy?
(c) No relation.
14. What does Edward decide to write?
(a) A letter in the Royal code.
(b) A letter in Latin, Greek, and English.
(c) A letter in French and English.
(d) A poem about Miles' plight.
15. Where is Edward sitting that evening?
(a) Outside Westminster Abbey.
(b) Inside his bedroom at the castle.
(c) Outside Buckinham Palace.
(d) Outside Canterbury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nobles in the gallery do as the Archbishop lifts the crown over Tom's head?
2. Why is Edward relieved?
3. Who wins the fight between Hugo and Edward?
4. Who encourages Tom to smile?
5. How many servants does Tom add to his retinue?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)