|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Arthur?
(a) Miles' older brother.
(b) Miles' youngest brother.
(c) Edith's brother.
(d) Mary's brother.
2. Who says he does not recognize Miles?
(a) Miles' father.
(b) Miles' butler.
(d) Miles' old nanny.
3. What does the constable force the woman to do?
(a) Give him the ring.
(b) Give him two of the ten gold coins.
(c) Give him the sapphire.
(d) Sell him the pig for the lower price.
4. What does Miles refuse to do?
(a) Leave Hendon Hall.
(b) Allow Edward to leave Hendon Hall.
(c) Divorce Edith.
(d) Kill Hugo.
5. Who wins the fight between Hugo and Edward?
(c) The outlaws call it a draw.
(d) They are interrupted before either has the upper hand.
6. Tom's mother knows who he is because ____________.
(a) She recognizes the scar over his eye.
(b) He calls out to her.
(c) He instinctively puts his hands to his eyes.
(d) He embraces her and whispers in her ear.
7. Who sees Miles outside the palace?
(a) Sir Drake.
(c) Sir Marlow.
(d) The whipping boy.
8. Whom does Miles ask to see?
9. What test does Hertford give Edward?
(a) Asks him a question about court etiquette.
(b) Asks him where the great seal can be found.
(c) Asks him a question in Latin.
(d) Asks him a question in Latin, then in Greek.
10. What does Miles know about the five servants who remain in the household after he has left?
(a) They are villains.
(b) They are too old to remember anything.
(c) They were all Hugo's servants as a boy.
(d) They have never paid attention to Miles.
11. What astonishes Edward after breakfast?
(a) The girls must milk cows and slaughter chickens.
(b) He is asked to do a number of chores.
(c) There are no sweets in the house.
(d) The barnyard animals are allowed in to eat the leftovers off the floor.
12. Why does Edward go to a hut where an old man is praying?
(a) Edward is lost in the woods.
(b) Edward is tired and cannot make it all the way to London that night.
(c) Edward sees the King's Guard at the hut.
(d) Edward wants help fending off Hugo.
13. Who offers to take the lashes for Edward?
(a) No one.
(c) A monk.
(d) The captain of the King's Guard.
14. Who is arriving at the farm as Edward is leaving?
(a) Hugo and Canty.
(b) Two soldiers.
15. What does Miles do in front of the King?
(a) Tells the King he needs to right many things in the country.
(b) Ignores the King.
(c) Drops to his knees and offers his allegiance.
(d) Pats the King on the shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the farmer's wife leaves the kitchen and tells Edward to cook breakfast?
2. Who threw the old man in the hut out of London?
3. What does Edward do as the crown is raised over Tom's head?
4. Tom reminds Edward of what event?
5. With whom is Edward traveling?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)