|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are two women burned at the stake?
(a) For killing their children.
(b) For witchcraft.
(c) For adultery.
(d) For being Baptists.
2. Why does Miles decide to search for the person in question 169?
(a) To give the person the letter from Edward.
(b) He wants to borrow money.
(c) To ask about Hugh.
(d) To prove his identity.
3. What does Miles want from Sir Marlow?
(a) For Marlow to visit Edward.
(b) For Marlow to arrange an audience with the king.
(c) For Marlow to plead his case with Hugh.
(d) For Marlow to take Edward under his wing.
4. Why are Edward and Miles separated?
(a) Edward is discovered by his older sister Mary.
(b) The festivities in London.
(c) The King's Guard recognizes Edward.
(d) The King's Guard arrests Miles.
5. Who is appointed the king's ward?
(d) Sir Marlow.
6. Why doesn't Edward command the family to stand while he is eating?
(a) He is not there in his official role.
(b) They have been kind to him.
(c) He is afraid they will kill him.
(d) They are already seated.
7. Who is arriving at the farm as Edward is leaving?
(c) Hugo and Canty.
(d) Two soldiers.
8. Who becomes a source of information for Miles while Miles is being detained?
(a) Andrew Henlon.
(b) Sir Robert Blake.
(c) Miles' former nurse.
(d) Blake Andrews.
9. What makes the farmer's wife think Edward must have been a helper in the king's kitchen?
(a) He can cook an egg to perfection.
(b) He talks so eloquently about fine food.
(c) He understands spices.
(d) He peels the potatoes rapidly.
10. Why is Tom filled with remorse?
(a) For telling the guards to imprison his mother.
(b) For pretending to be king.
(c) For denying his mother.
(d) For not helping his grandmother who is sick.
11. Who takes Edward to court?
(b) The monk.
(c) The King's Guard.
(d) The constable.
12. Why does Edward confront the officer in charge of Miles?
(a) Edward is appalled at the burning deaths of Baptists.
(b) Someone hits Miles with an egg.
(c) Edward wishes for Miles to be released.
(d) Edward wants a ride to London.
13. Who encourages Tom to smile?
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
14. What does Edward do as the crown is raised over Tom's head?
(a) Forbids the Archbishop to crown Tom.
(b) Stands silenty by.
(c) Shoots Tom with an arrow.
(d) Knocks Tom over.
15. Why does Edward go to a hut where an old man is praying?
(a) Edward wants help fending off Hugo.
(b) Edward is lost in the woods.
(c) Edward is tired and cannot make it all the way to London that night.
(d) Edward sees the King's Guard at the hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edward renamed?
2. What punishment does Miles receive at the trial?
3. Who says he does not recognize Miles?
4. What is the color of the horse Tom rides?
5. How long is Edward's rule?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)