|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miles refuse to do?
(a) Allow Edward to leave Hendon Hall.
(b) Divorce Edith.
(c) Kill Hugo.
(d) Leave Hendon Hall.
2. Hugo and Edward fight with ____________.
(c) Their bare hands.
3. Who offers to take the lashes for Edward?
(a) No one.
(b) The captain of the King's Guard.
(c) A monk.
4. Who is Arthur?
(a) Edith's brother.
(b) Mary's brother.
(c) Miles' older brother.
(d) Miles' youngest brother.
5. Where does the whipping boy ask Miles to wait?
(a) In the gardens.
(b) In the arena.
(c) On a stone bench.
(d) In the foyer.
6. What is sleeping with Edward in the barn when he wakes?
(a) An opossum.
(c) A rat.
(d) A cat.
7. What is Edward renamed?
(a) Kin of the Game-Cocks the Third.
(b) King of Nothing the First.
(c) King Foo-Foo the First.
(d) King of the Game-Cocks.
8. Who flees overseas?
(c) Tom Canty's father.
9. Who says he does not recognize Miles?
(a) Miles' father.
(c) Miles' old nanny.
(d) Miles' butler.
10. What do the guards find on Miles when they arrest him?
(a) The letter Edward wrote in royal code.
(b) A picture of Miles at his country estate.
(c) A letter from Hugh to Sir Marlow.
(d) The letter Edward wrote in several languages.
11. What does Edward refuse to do?
(a) Help the outlaws.
(b) Take part in any illegal activities.
(c) Kill any of the outlaws.
(d) Walk on his own.
12. What does Miles want from Sir Marlow?
(a) For Marlow to arrange an audience with the king.
(b) For Marlow to plead his case with Hugh.
(c) For Marlow to visit Edward.
(d) For Marlow to take Edward under his wing.
13. What does Edward do as the crown is raised over Tom's head?
(a) Forbids the Archbishop to crown Tom.
(b) Stands silenty by.
(c) Knocks Tom over.
(d) Shoots Tom with an arrow.
14. Where do Miles and Edward travel?
(a) To Buckingham Palace.
(b) To Westminister Abby.
(c) To Hendon Hall.
(d) To Hogshead.
15. Who wins the fight between Hugo and Edward?
(c) They are interrupted before either has the upper hand.
(d) The outlaws call it a draw.
Short Answer Questions
1. The old man tells Edward that he is __________.
2. Who sees Miles outside the palace?
3. What does Edward decide to write?
4. Who takes Edward to court?
5. The crowd no longer harasses Miles because ___________.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)