|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom dream about and incorporate in his play time?
(a) Being a king.
(b) Being a prince.
(c) Being a rich merchant.
(d) His father dying.
2. Whom is Tom commanded to visit?
(a) The priest.
(b) The court physician.
(c) Henry VIII.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
3. What does the group find in a village as they pillage through the countryside?
(a) People armed with spears and pitchforks.
(b) Nothing to steal.
(c) A barn full of grain.
(d) Everyone is dead of the plague.
4. What keeps John from hurting the prince?
(a) The crowd pushes him away from Edward.
(b) A man steps in and stops him.
(c) John trips because he is drunk.
(d) Edward kicks him in the shin.
5. Why can't Henry remember some of his actions?
(a) He is too lazy to care.
(b) He relies on members of his court to remember.
(c) He is very old.
(d) His mind is weak with illness.
6. What does Hertford ask Tom in Chapter 14?
(a) Where the great seal is located.
(b) If he has seen the tailor for his coronation robes.
(c) If he wants to dine with Lady Jane that night.
(d) What he wants for dinner.
7. How does Edward pass his first night alone?
(b) Freezing to death.
(c) Terribly fightened.
(d) In fair comfort and peace.
8. Where does the royal barge stop on the Thames?
(a) At the palace.
(b) At St. Christopher's Church.
(c) No where.
(d) Barge Yard.
9. What does the king tell Hertford to use for signing orders?
(a) Red wax, not black.
(b) The prince's seal.
(c) The king's signature.
(d) The small travel seal.
10. What does Father Andrew teach Tom?
(a) How to read and speak French.
(b) How to say Mass.
(c) About the Catholic religion.
(d) How to read and write and some Latin.
11. What must the king do in order to finish up the affair with the Duke of Norfolk?
(a) Set a date for the execution.
(b) Set a date for the wedding.
(c) Have the prince approve it.
(d) Imprint his seal.
12. What does Tom learn about with Hertford and others?
(a) Where the royal robes are located.
(b) The funeral plans for Henry.
(c) How to talk to an ambassador.
(d) The coronation process.
13. How does Edward escape?
(a) By creeping out of the camp when everyone is sleeping.
(b) By hitting Hugo over the head with a wagon stave.
(c) By pushing Hugo off a bridge into icy water.
(d) By exposing Hugo as a thief.
14. What is Offal Court like?
(a) Spacious and dirty.
(b) Dirty and cramped.
(c) Spacious and clean.
(d) Old and decaying.
15. How does Edward escape the rioters who surround him?
(a) Miles Hendon hits them with the flat of his sword.
(b) Miles Hendon swoops him up on his horse.
(c) Father Andrew grabs him and pulls him away.
(d) Tom sees Edward and calls to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miles do when he wakes in the morning?
2. What kind of papers are read to Tom?
3. What does John Canty do when the prince struggles against him?
4. How does Edward do with Mrs. Canty's test?
5. How does Tom feel about his discovery in Chapter 14?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)