|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom dream about and incorporate in his play time?
(a) Being a king.
(b) Being a rich merchant.
(c) His father dying.
(d) Being a prince.
2. Who is John Canty?
(a) Hugo's friend.
(b) One of the men who captured Edward.
(c) Edward's friend.
(d) A nobleman who sets Miles searching for Edward.
3. Where does Edward take Tom when he rescues him from the palace guards?
(a) To an apartment in the palace.
(b) To his father.
(c) To the jail.
(d) To the guard house.
4. What does Tom begin to wonder while waiting for the prince?
(a) Where Edward's money is hidden.
(b) How the prince can live like that when so many people starve.
(c) Why the prince is gone so long.
(d) If he can have more food sent to the room.
5. What does Edward and the youth not realize?
(a) The ruffian is following them.
(b) Edward has been declared dead.
(c) They are walking in circles.
(d) Miles is looking for Edward.
6. Why can't Henry remember some of his actions?
(a) He relies on members of his court to remember.
(b) He is very old.
(c) His mind is weak with illness.
(d) He is too lazy to care.
7. How does Edward get away from the Cantys?
(a) Father Andrew helps him.
(b) Mrs. Canty helps him.
(c) John tells him to go beg.
(d) In the confusion of the presentation of the prince.
8. How does Tom perform at dinner?
(a) He makes several errors in his manners.
(c) He makes one small error in his manners.
(d) He makes one glaring error in his manners.
9. What makes Tom's father beat him?
(a) The father is disappointed in Tom.
(b) The father thinks that Tom is lazy.
(c) The father does not believe that Tom is his son.
(d) The father is an angry drunk.
10. What happens in Tom's dream about a dwarf?
(a) The dwarf shows him where to dig for new pennies.
(b) The dwarf tells him he will be king for a long time.
(c) The dwarf tells him where his mother is staying.
(d) The dwarf tells him he will be executed.
11. What does Tom do that makes the people cheer?
(a) Brings the Duke of Norfolk on the platform with him.
(b) Pardons the Duke of Norfolk.
(c) Announces the Duke of Norfolk's marriage.
(d) Sends the Duke of Norfolk to France.
12. What does John Canty do when the prince struggles against him?
(a) Tries to kick him in the shin.
(b) Tries to tweak his ear.
(c) Tries to hit him with his club.
(d) Tries to knock him to the ground.
13. What does Tom learn about with Hertford and others?
(a) Where the royal robes are located.
(b) The coronation process.
(c) How to talk to an ambassador.
(d) The funeral plans for Henry.
14. In what language is Tom first questioned by Edward's father?
15. Why is Tom afraid to leave the prince's room?
(a) He might be discovered and punished.
(b) He might get lost in the palace.
(c) He was told by Edward not to leave.
(d) He might run into someone who knows the prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom's family live?
2. Why does John Canty change his name?
3. Where does Miles think Edward may be heading?
4. What is Tom's last name?
5. What had Tom worried about previously?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)