|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do Tom, Jane, and Elizabeth walk?
(a) The begging corner.
(b) The Guildhall.
(c) The church.
(d) The palace.
2. What does Tom tell Humphrey?
(a) He needs to change his livery colors.
(b) Tom's memory is faulty.
(c) Tom wants his horse ready for an afternoon ride.
(d) He hasn't been keeping up with his chores.
3. Where does Edward tell Miles to sleep in the motel room?
(a) Across the bottom of the door.
(b) In the bed.
(c) Sitting in the chair by the window.
(d) Outside the door in the hall.
4. Whom does the narrator quote?
(a) An ancient chronicler.
(b) A wizard's raven.
(c) A court scribe.
(d) A court jester.
5. John Canty drags the prince to _____________.
(c) Tom's begging corner.
(d) Offal Court.
6. How does Edward escape?
(a) By creeping out of the camp when everyone is sleeping.
(b) By exposing Hugo as a thief.
(c) By pushing Hugo off a bridge into icy water.
(d) By hitting Hugo over the head with a wagon stave.
7. What does Tom's mother do for a living?
(a) She takes in laundry.
(b) She is a maid.
(c) She sews.
(d) She begs.
8. For what does Hertford go to the prince?
(a) The Great Seal.
(b) The prince's permission for the Duke of Norfolk.
(c) The book on military strategy.
(d) To tell him what time they will meet that afternoon.
9. What does Father Andrew teach Tom?
(a) How to read and write and some Latin.
(b) How to say Mass.
(c) How to read and speak French.
(d) About the Catholic religion.
10. What kind of papers are read to Tom?
(a) What is expected of him for his Henry's funeral.
(b) Petitions and public business.
(c) Henry's will.
(d) The London Times newspaper.
11. What does Mrs. Canty decide to do to test Edward?
(a) Have him try to pick her pocket.
(b) Check his back for a birthmark.
(c) Startle him.
(d) Write a message to the palace.
12. Tom's father forces him to __________.
(b) Clean boats.
(c) Sell fish.
(d) Sell newspapers.
13. Why can't Henry remember some of his actions?
(a) He is too lazy to care.
(b) His mind is weak with illness.
(c) He relies on members of his court to remember.
(d) He is very old.
14. How does Tom feel about Lady Jane and Lady Elizabeth?
(a) He thinks they are silly.
(b) He avoids talking to them.
(c) He is afraid of them.
(d) He warms to them as they are kind.
15. In what language is Tom first questioned by Edward's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. While he is the prince, with whom is Tom to have dinner?
2. How does Edward escape the rioters who surround him?
3. The event which Tom's servants prepare him for will be attended by ______________.
4. What does the messenger say when he arrives?
5. What does Edward observe when he wakes in a barn?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)