|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what ceremony does Tom have to participate in Chapter 9?
(a) Presentation of the soon-to-be king.
(b) The execution of the Duke of Norfolk.
(c) The wedding of the Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Edward's coronation.
2. What does Hertford ask Tom in Chapter 14?
(a) If he has seen the tailor for his coronation robes.
(b) What he wants for dinner.
(c) If he wants to dine with Lady Jane that night.
(d) Where the great seal is located.
3. How does Edward escape?
(a) By pushing Hugo off a bridge into icy water.
(b) By exposing Hugo as a thief.
(c) By creeping out of the camp when everyone is sleeping.
(d) By hitting Hugo over the head with a wagon stave.
4. Where does Edward tell Miles to sleep in the motel room?
(a) Across the bottom of the door.
(b) Outside the door in the hall.
(c) Sitting in the chair by the window.
(d) In the bed.
5. Why do the boys at the church beat Edward?
(a) For taking their lunch.
(b) For claiming to be the prince.
(c) For saying he will have them hung for insolence.
(d) For telling the priest they were swearing.
6. What must the king do in order to finish up the affair with the Duke of Norfolk?
(a) Imprint his seal.
(b) Set a date for the execution.
(c) Have the prince approve it.
(d) Set a date for the wedding.
7. What does Miles do when he wakes in the morning?
(a) Goes to eat breakfast.
(b) Takes Edward to the stables.
(c) Measures Edward.
(d) Wakes Edward and tells him to take a bath.
8. What is Tom's last name?
9. Where does the royal barge stop on the Thames?
(a) At St. Christopher's Church.
(b) At the palace.
(c) Barge Yard.
(d) No where.
10. What does the person whom the narrator quotes describe?
(a) The burning of Joan of Arc.
(b) A duel between two members of royalty.
(c) The gorgeous banquet room, the food, and royalty in attendance.
(d) A battle between England and France.
11. Of what does the prince dream when he sleeps that night?
(a) His mother finds him.
(b) John Canty kills him.
(c) Tom has fooled his father.
(d) He is back in the palace.
12. Who is John Canty?
(a) Hugo's friend.
(b) A nobleman who sets Miles searching for Edward.
(c) Edward's friend.
(d) One of the men who captured Edward.
13. How does Tom perform at dinner?
(a) He makes several errors in his manners.
(c) He makes one glaring error in his manners.
(d) He makes one small error in his manners.
14. What does Tom try on when he is returned to Edward's room?
(b) Edward's riding boots.
(d) Edward's clothes.
15. How does the king feel about the situation with the Duke of Norfolk?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miles feel about Edward?
2. What does John Canty do when the prince struggles against him?
3. Why won't Tom use his napkin?
4. How does Tom feel about his discovery in Chapter 14?
5. What do Lady Grey and Lady Elizabeth attempt to do with Tom?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)