|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the boys at the church beat Edward?
(a) For taking their lunch.
(b) For saying he will have them hung for insolence.
(c) For telling the priest they were swearing.
(d) For claiming to be the prince.
2. What kind of papers are read to Tom?
(a) Henry's will.
(b) What is expected of him for his Henry's funeral.
(c) Petitions and public business.
(d) The London Times newspaper.
3. How does Edward escape?
(a) By pushing Hugo off a bridge into icy water.
(b) By hitting Hugo over the head with a wagon stave.
(c) By creeping out of the camp when everyone is sleeping.
(d) By exposing Hugo as a thief.
4. Tom's father forces him to __________.
(b) Sell fish.
(c) Clean boats.
(d) Sell newspapers.
5. Why does Lord Hertford think Tom must be a prince?
(a) No one could have gotten into the palace.
(b) A street boy would never understand Latin.
(c) An impostor would never claim to be an impostor.
(d) Lord Hertford's sister convinces him that Tom is a prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person whom the narrator quotes describe?
2. Who threw the old man in the hut out of London?
3. What does Tom dream about and incorporate in his play time?
4. What does Edward say to Mrs. Canty?
5. What does Tom do with the three criminals he sees?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)