|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom's father do for a living?
(a) He is a shoe cobbler.
(b) He is a fisherman.
(c) He is a dock worker.
(d) He is a thief.
2. What does Father Andrew teach Tom?
(a) How to read and write and some Latin.
(b) How to read and speak French.
(c) How to say Mass.
(d) About the Catholic religion.
3. What makes Tom's father beat him?
(a) The father is an angry drunk.
(b) The father thinks that Tom is lazy.
(c) The father is disappointed in Tom.
(d) The father does not believe that Tom is his son.
4. What does Tom think about his life?
(a) He thinks it's horrible.
(b) He is indifferent to his life.
(c) It's all right because he doesn't know anything else.
(d) He thinks it's exciting.
5. During what time in history does this story take place?
(a) In 1748.
(b) The middle 1500's.
(c) The end of the 1600's.
(d) In 1627.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane Grey's visit to Edward's room accomplish?
2. Who sees Tom to help him recover from his madness?
3. How does Tom feel about Lady Jane and Lady Elizabeth?
4. How far apart are Tom and Edward's birthdays?
5. Tom's father forces him to __________.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)