• In the middle 1500's Tom Canty, a child of poor parents who do not want him, is born. At the same time Edward Tudor the Prince of Wales is born.
• Tom lives with his family in a shack in the poor section of town called Offal Court with his 15 year old twin sisters, mother, father, and grandmother.
• Tom begs. He is beaten by his father often for not bringing in enough money. A priest teaches him to read, and Tom forms fantasies of princes and court.
• Tom speaks in the flowery language of princes and forms a mock court with his friends. He has an intense desire to see the real prince.
• Tom wakes one morning from a dream about meeting the real prince and wanders the city, passing into the country without realizing it.
• He arrives at Westminster, the king's palace, and sees a...
This section contains 2,646 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)