|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miss Brodie vacation in 1933?
(a) In Poland
(b) In Italy
(c) In Germany
(d) In Switzerland
2. What does the housekeeper do about what she finds under the pillow?
(b) Throw it away
(c) Tell the headmistress
(d) Tell Miss Brodie
3. What kind of book does Sandy write?
(a) A book on the history of Blaine school
(b) A psychology book
(c) A political intrigue novel
(d) A religious book
4. What does Mr. Lowther want a wife to do?
(a) Sing in a choir and play bridge
(b) Go on long walks in the country with him
(c) Feed him good meals and go to the opera
(d) Play golf with him and listen to him sing to her
5. How does Miss Brodie treat Mr. Lowther’s housekeeping service?
(a) In the living room
(b) In the bedroom
(c) In the bathroom
(d) In the kitchen
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the headmistress’ efforts with the girls?
2. What does Miss Brodie want to do with one of the girls?
3. When does Mr. Lowther begin to get housekeeping service?
4. What two languages does one of the set study?
5. What distortion does Sandy see about Rose in the paintings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of subjects do the girls take in the school year 1932 – 1933?
2. Why does the headmistress divide the set and how does what she does work out for her?
3. What does Sandy see when she looks at Mr. Lloyd’s paintings?
4. What does Sandy think about Miss Brodie’s obsession with Mr. Lloyd?
5. Upon whom does Miss Brodie say all of Miss Brodie’s ambitions are fixed and why?
6. How does Mr. Lowther feel about his marriage and how does he feel about Miss Brodie?
7. Who quizzes the girls in 1937 about Miss Brodie and how do the girls feel about Miss Brodie by that year?
8. What does Sandy end up becoming and what book does Sandy write? Who tends to visit Sandy after her book is published?
9. How does Miss Brodie’s aspirations for Sandy and Rose turn out?
10. What do Sandy Stranger and Jenny Gray say about sex in their first year of senior school?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)