|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Sandy Stranger and her friend enjoying the tea on Sandy Stranger’s tenth birthday the most?
(a) They are delighted to be left alone
(b) They enjoy the taste of the orange spiced tea with cinnamon
(c) They feel very grown-up
(d) The food is good
2. For what is Sandy Stranger known?
(a) For having very small eyes
(b) For being a healer
(c) For being very popular
(d) For being an animal lover
3. What do the girls mean they say Miss Brodie has her prime?
(a) She has not had sex
(b) Miss Brodie is very young
(c) She has not been married
(d) Miss Brodie is an excellent teacher
4. When did Miss Brodie give the set a lesson about Hugh?
(a) Five years ago
(b) Six years ago
(c) Last year
(d) Two years ago
5. For what was Mary Macgregor faulted when she was ten years old?
(a) For spilling wax on her new dress
(b) For spilling ink
(c) For failing arithmetic
(d) For kicking the boy next door
6. What does Brodie say is the reason she teaches at Blaine?
(a) She is too old to move
(b) She likes to bother the other teachers
(c) She likes to feel she works as a leaven in the lump
(d) The school pays well
7. What does Spark say is the only way Miss Brodie can be removed from her position?
(a) By assassination
(b) By getting fired for questionable morals
(c) By retirement
(d) By a natural death
8. What do some members of the faculty think of Miss Brodie’s teaching style?
(a) It is very flamboyant
(b) It is boring
(c) It is very progressive
(d) It is too conservative
9. Where did Mary Macgregor die?
(a) In a hospital
(b) In her boyfriend’s house
(c) In a Cumberland hotel
(d) In London in a hotel
10. What does Miss Brodie say education is?
(a) Changing a student’s mind
(b) Imparting wisdom to young people
(c) Telling the student how to think
(d) Drawing out what is in a student
11. For what is Eunice Gardiner known?
(a) For being a great singer
(b) For being an artist
(c) For knowing chemistry very well
(d) For being a glamorous, swimmer and gymnastics student
12. Who interviews Jenny about the event in question 72?
(a) A police officer
(b) A reporter for the Blain school newspaper
(c) A reporter for the Edinburgh Daily News
(d) A graduate student who is studying cross culture relationships
13. Who notices that Rose is changed?
(a) Eunice Gardiner and Sandy Stranger
(b) Sandy and Jenny
(c) Miss Brodie
(d) Mary Macgregor
14. Why have the girls of Brodie’s set stayed connected?
(a) They are all friends of Brodie’s
(b) Their parents are all friends
(c) They are all in the same class
(d) They all come from the same hometown
15. For what is Joyce Emily Hammond known?
(a) Being rich but delinquent
(b) For knowing how to get anyone out of trouble
(c) For being an actress
(d) For being an animal lover
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does Sandy Stranger have a fantasy?
2. What year is the most “sexual” year for the Brodie set?
3. What type of studies are the Brodie set doing at the beginning of the novel?
4. What grade are the girls in at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What does Miss Brodie say is a talent of Hugh’s?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)