|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what kind of event does Miss Brodie tell the person in question 70 about the two male teachers?
(a) At lunch
(b) At an art museum
(c) At the homecoming game
(d) At a dinner for the set
2. What does Sandy Stranger say is a divine injunction?
(a) The girls in the Brodie set should call Miss Brodie mother
(b) Teachers should be moral
(c) Miss Brodie should have some enjoyment in life
(d) The Brodie set should stick together
3. What happens to Jenny in 1931 that is unusual?
(a) She begins to date a Russian boy
(b) A man exposes himself to her
(c) She wins a trip to Paris
(d) She wins a speech contest
4. What will happen to the Brodie set in 1932?
(a) They will be returning home to public school
(b) They will graduate high school
(c) They will be moving into the senior level
(d) They will graduate elementary school
5. Where does Sandy Stranger go to get her blouse cleaned?
(b) To Miss Brodie’s house
(c) To the housekeeper
(d) The science lab
6. In what year did Mary Macgregor die?
7. What does Sandy Stranger think will happen if Sandy is nice to Mary Macgregor?
(a) It could draw the group closer together
(b) It might give Mary more confidence
(c) It would break their group apart
(d) It might impress Miss Brodie
8. What does Miss Brodie say about her students?
(a) They are the best of the best
(b) They are average students
(c) They are poor students who need extra help
(d) She doesn’t really talk about her students
9. Before what event/holiday was Hugh killed?
10. What does Eunice Gardiner tell her husband about Miss Brodie?
(a) She was forced to retire
(b) She stayed at the school for too many years
(c) She was a strange woman
(d) She was too liberal
11. Where do the students and Miss Brodie go after their walk?
(a) Back to the school
(b) To the museum
(c) To a coffee shop
(d) To Miss Brodie’s for tea
12. Who was Hugh Carruthers?
(a) A teacher at the school
(b) Sandy Stranger’s brother-in-law
(c) Miss Brodie’s brother
(d) Miss Brodie’s fiancé
13. What does Miss Brodie say is the perfect height for a window to be opened?
(a) Eight inches
(b) Six inches
(c) All the way up
(d) Half way
14. What do some members of the faculty think of Miss Brodie’s teaching style?
(a) It is too conservative
(b) It is boring
(c) It is very flamboyant
(d) It is very progressive
15. Who does Miss Brodie tell about her attachment to two male teachers?
(a) In 1935
(b) In 1946
(c) In 1937
(d) In 1940
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Hugh when he was killed?
2. For what is Monica Douglas known?
3. For what is Sandy Stranger known?
4. For what is Eunice Gardiner known?
5. Where is the Brodie set’s school located?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)