|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many girls are in the Brodie set?
2. What does Monica Douglas see Miss Brodie doing?
(a) Going to the movies with her fiancé
(b) Talking to Monica Douglas’ parents
(c) Fighting with Miss Hawthorne
(d) Kissing the art teacher
3. For what is Sandy Stranger known?
(a) For being very popular
(b) For being a healer
(c) For having very small eyes
(d) For being an animal lover
4. About whom does Sandy Stranger have a fantasy?
(a) Alan Breck
(c) Winston Churchhill
(d) Clark Gable
5. For what is Mary Macgregor known?
(a) For being a silent lump who gets blamed for everything
(b) For being on the swimming team
(c) For being very, very wealthy
(d) For being an artist
6. What does Miss Brodie say is a talent of Hugh’s?
(a) He is artistic
(b) He is an Olympic boxer
(c) He is a musician
(d) He is an equestrian champion
7. About what book does Sandy Stranger daydream?
(b) Treasure Island
(c) Gulliver’s Travels
(d) The Scarlet Letter
8. What does Spark say is the only way Miss Brodie can be removed from her position?
(a) By getting fired for questionable morals
(b) By retirement
(c) By a natural death
(d) By assassination
9. What does Eunice Gardiner tell her husband about Miss Brodie?
(a) She was too liberal
(b) She was forced to retire
(c) She was a strange woman
(d) She stayed at the school for too many years
10. What does Miss Gaunt’s brother do?
(a) He is a minister
(b) He is a football coach
(c) He is a banker
(d) He teaches history
11. Who interviews Jenny about the event in question 72?
(a) A police officer
(b) A reporter for the Blain school newspaper
(c) A graduate student who is studying cross culture relationships
(d) A reporter for the Edinburgh Daily News
12. What does Miss Brodie reveal to the set at dinner?
(a) Another plot to get her to resign has been hatched
(b) She is moving
(c) She is getting married
(d) She is retiring
13. What is the year in which Chapter 1 begins?
14. What does Miss Brodie keep on the blackboard in case someone comes into the class?
(a) A famous sonnet
(b) A list of historical dates
(c) A long division problem
(d) A short quiz
15. Why do the girls think Mr. Lloyd has committed sex with his wife?
(a) He talks about her all the time
(b) That is what men do
(c) He has a baby
(d) Miss Brodie says he does that with his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the girls become the Brodie set?
2. Why are Sandy Stranger and her friend enjoying the tea on Sandy Stranger’s tenth birthday the most?
3. For what is Eunice Gardiner known?
4. How old is Eunice Gardiner in 1958?
5. What grade are the girls in at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)