|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos begins to realize that his assemblage point is allowing him to develop a new form of _______________ in his life.
2. Carlos describes to Don Juan that he feels he has lost his _________ as a person after this lesson with Don Juan.
3. Don Juan lets Carlos know that ________ helps one develop a silent knowledge in their life, according to his teachings.
4. Carlos believes that Don Juan helps him because he truly ____________ help Carlos in his queries.
5. Who is Don Juan waiting for when he is at the hacienda with the women, though the man does not return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan tell Carlos about the memories that he is struggling to recall?
2. What is the explanation that Don Juan offers for the surgery that Carlos saw in Mexico City?
3. What does Don Juan say about the idea of impeccability, what it is and what it is not, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
4. What do men warriors find they are doing as they move closer to becoming a sorcerer, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
5. Where does Carlos have to store his memories of the things he has learned with Don Juan?
6. Why does Carlos become upset when he and Don Juan return to Don Juan's house?
7. What happens in the morning after Carlos spends more time in the spot where he remembered his experience in Guaymas?
8. What signals the presence of intent, according to Don Juan during his teaching with Carlos?
9. Don Juan emphasizes that the first principle of sorcery is what, even though it is the thing that happens first?
10. What does a nagual aim to do, according to Don Juan, when he is teaching Carlos in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sorcerers must act maliciously in order to shock others into connections with the spirit, according to Don Juan.
Part 1: Why do you think it's necessary to shock others into connects with the spirit?
Part 2: Do you think malice is always necessary to shock others? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the malicious actions of others might impact you?
Essay Topic 2
Just moving one's assemblage point is enough, it seems, to become a sorcerer.
Part 1: Why is it important for a sorcerer to know how to move one's assemblage point?
Part 2: What do you think an assemblage point in your current life experience?
Part 3: Do you think you have the qualities necessary to become a sorcerer?
Essay Topic 3
Carlos is told that he is unable to learn the abstract points because he can not control his energy.
Part 1: Why do you think that Carlos is unable to control his energy in the same way that Don Juan can?
Part 2: Do you think that Carlos is able to control his energy at certain times?
Part 3: How do you think Carlos might learn to control his energy?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)