|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos feels good about his experience with divided _________ during the story, according to his writing.
2. What happens when Don Juan asks Carlos to take him to a store where people know him?
3. Carlos describes to Don Juan that he feels he has lost his _________ as a person after this lesson with Don Juan.
4. What does Carlos do when he is trying to help Don Juan when he walks away from the car?
5. Don Juan tells Carlos that all movements of the assemblage point will require the ___________, within the context of his teachings.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan decide to do after he nearly drowns in the river?
2. Don Juan emphasizes that the first principle of sorcery is what, even though it is the thing that happens first?
3. What happens in the morning after Carlos spends more time in the spot where he remembered his experience in Guaymas?
4. After studying sorcery for a while, what does Don Juan suddenly want to do one day, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
5. What does a nagual aim to do, according to Don Juan, when he is teaching Carlos in this section?
6. What do men warriors find they are doing as they move closer to becoming a sorcerer, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
7. What signals the presence of intent, according to Don Juan during his teaching with Carlos?
8. What does Don Juan say is the best quality of death, aside from giving a person to stalk themselves?
9. What is the explanation that Don Juan offers for the surgery that Carlos saw in Mexico City?
10. What are the stalkers' classification of personalities, according to the teachings of Don Juan, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The knock of the spirit forces entry into the idea of intent, according to Don Juan's teachings.
Part 1: How do you think that the spirit might knock a person?
Part 2: Why do you think it's intent which builds the edifice in which a person must enter?
Part 3: What do you think this lesson has to teach someone in the modern world?
Essay Topic 2
Don Juan teaches that there are four moods when it comes to stalking and they must all be mastered.
Part 1: Why do you think there are moods to stalking?
Part 2: What other moods do you think might be able to be linked to the idea of stalking?
Part 3: How do you think these moods of stalking impact the person who is doing the stalking?
Essay Topic 3
It's a given in the story that the world is made up of energy and that these fields of energy impact the actions of those who live in the world.
Part 1: Do you agree that the world is made up of energy fields?
Part 2: How do you think the world might change if there was no concept of energy in the world?
Part 3: Why do you think energy fields are a concept which can be understood by Carlos? Or isn't this understandable for him?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)