|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Don Juan appeared to be ___________ in the store, that was when he was demonstrating the idea which is explained in #140.
2. Don Juan suggests that he and Carlos become ____________ in order to prevent the animal from guessing what they are going to do.
3. Death can be seen as a challenge to live a life of ___________ in contact with intent, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
4. What holds men back from becoming sorcerers, according to the teachings of Don Juan as Carlos relays them to the reader?
5. The knowledge of _________ signals the presence of intent, according to the teachings about silent knowledge from Don Juan.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a sorcerer need to do in order to abandon the mirror of self-reflection, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
2. What signals the presence of intent, according to Don Juan during his teaching with Carlos?
3. What does Carlos do when he first sees that Don Juan is not feeling well?
4. What does Don Juan decide to do after he nearly drowns in the river?
5. What does Don Juan tell Carlos about the memories that he is struggling to recall?
6. Where does Carlos have to store his memories of the things he has learned with Don Juan?
7. After studying sorcery for a while, what does Don Juan suddenly want to do one day, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
8. What does Don Juan say about the idea of impeccability, what it is and what it is not, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
9. What does ruthlessness require, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
10. What is the great advantage of moving the assemblage point, according to Don Juan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos is taught about the practice of silence in this book, and becomes overwhelmed by it.
Part 1: Why is silence a lesson that Carlos needs to learn about?
Part 2: How do you think silence can help a person learn more about themselves?
Part 3: How do you think your world might change if you were able to appreciate silence more?
Essay Topic 2
Sorcerers must act maliciously in order to shock others into connections with the spirit, according to Don Juan.
Part 1: Why do you think it's necessary to shock others into connects with the spirit?
Part 2: Do you think malice is always necessary to shock others? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the malicious actions of others might impact you?
Essay Topic 3
Don Juan admits that it is difficult to grasp the abstract concepts he is teaching.
Part 1: Do you think it's possible to teach abstract concepts?
Part 2: How do you think Don Juan could make the learning easier for Carlos?
Part 3: Why do you think the lessons that Don Juan has to share are abstract?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)