|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story that Carlos tells Don Juan when he is asked to talk about his childhood? Carlos used to be light and agile when he played _____________.
2. Don Juan was only able to puncture the rationality of Carlos when he took him to a place of ____________, according to his reasoning.
3. What does Carlos decide that he will buy in order to try to get back to Don Juan in order to help him after he is run off?
4. Don Juan talks about the __________of Carlos, saying that while it was once that he was an anthropologist, now he is a sorcerer.
5. What is the best way to stalk oneself, according to the teachings of Don Juan to Carlos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carlos remember about the time that Don Juan was talking about moving the assemblage point?
2. What does Don Juan do that makes Carlos so mad at Don Juan that he loses all pity for him?
3. What is the dissonant element that Don Juan introduces to Carlos as a part of his teaching?
4. What does Don Juan say about the idea of impeccability, what it is and what it is not, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
5. How does Don Juan describe the sort of stalking which is necessary in order to find memories again?
6. What does Don Juan have to do in order to stay in the hacienda with the women in order to hide from the monstrous man?
7. Where does Carlos have to store his memories of the things he has learned with Don Juan?
8. What do men warriors find they are doing as they move closer to becoming a sorcerer, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
9. What does Don Juan decide to do after he nearly drowns in the river?
10. What is the great advantage of moving the assemblage point, according to Don Juan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos is told that he is unable to learn the abstract points because he can not control his energy.
Part 1: Why do you think that Carlos is unable to control his energy in the same way that Don Juan can?
Part 2: Do you think that Carlos is able to control his energy at certain times?
Part 3: How do you think Carlos might learn to control his energy?
Essay Topic 2
It's a given in the story that the world is made up of energy and that these fields of energy impact the actions of those who live in the world.
Part 1: Do you agree that the world is made up of energy fields?
Part 2: How do you think the world might change if there was no concept of energy in the world?
Part 3: Why do you think energy fields are a concept which can be understood by Carlos? Or isn't this understandable for him?
Essay Topic 3
Don Juan admits that it is difficult to grasp the abstract concepts he is teaching.
Part 1: Do you think it's possible to teach abstract concepts?
Part 2: How do you think Don Juan could make the learning easier for Carlos?
Part 3: Why do you think the lessons that Don Juan has to share are abstract?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)