|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ is not an enemy as many people like to believe that it is, according to Don Juan in the story.
2. The ___________ is a point which is contained in the shine of the sorcerer's eyes, according to Don Juan in the story.
3. What holds men back from becoming sorcerers, according to the teachings of Don Juan as Carlos relays them to the reader?
4. Who is Don Juan waiting for when he is at the hacienda with the women, though the man does not return?
5. The knowledge of _________ signals the presence of intent, according to the teachings about silent knowledge from Don Juan.
Short Essay Questions
1. After studying sorcery for a while, what does Don Juan suddenly want to do one day, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
2. What signals the presence of intent, according to Don Juan during his teaching with Carlos?
3. What does Don Juan say about the idea of impeccability, what it is and what it is not, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
4. What are the stalkers' classification of personalities, according to the teachings of Don Juan, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
5. What do men warriors find they are doing as they move closer to becoming a sorcerer, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
6. What does Carlos remember about the time that Don Juan was talking about moving the assemblage point?
7. What does ruthlessness require, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
8. Why does Carlos become upset when he and Don Juan return to Don Juan's house?
9. What does Don Juan have to do in order to stay in the hacienda with the women in order to hide from the monstrous man?
10. What does a sorcerer need to do in order to abandon the mirror of self-reflection, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The best way to stalk oneself is to die, according to the story.
Part 1: Why do you think death allows a person to best stalk themselves?
Part 2: Does this mean that a person can't fully stalk themselves until they're dead?
Part 3: How do you think one can die without actually losing their life?
Essay Topic 2
Stalking oneself is the first way that a person can begin to find their power and to connect to spirit.
Part 1: How do you think you might be able to stalk yourself?
Part 2: Why do you think it's necessary to stalk oneself? What does this allow a person to do?
Part 3: Do you think that you have been able to stalk yourself in your own life?
Essay Topic 3
Carlos is told that he is unable to learn the abstract points because he can not control his energy.
Part 1: Why do you think that Carlos is unable to control his energy in the same way that Don Juan can?
Part 2: Do you think that Carlos is able to control his energy at certain times?
Part 3: How do you think Carlos might learn to control his energy?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)