|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sorcerers attempt to revive a man's link with intent and with ___________, according to the book.
2. ___________ can be described and can be represented, according to Don Juan, but intent can not.
3. Carlos and Don Juan return to Don Juan's house after climbing ___________, at the start of this section.
4. Understanding the __________ means moving beyond the comprehensible, according to the teaching of Don Juan, but Carlos is confused.
5. Who is the dark and massive Indian with rough features who is short, with large hands and feet, humble and wise but without flare?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the upbringing of Julian which caused him to have troubles connecting with spirit at first.
2. What is the physical transformation that Belisario is taking on when he interacts with Don Juan?
3. What does sorcery allow a person to do with the energy which is present in the world, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
4. What do the men tell Carlos when he asks why he is being taken prisoner, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
5. What does Don Juan tell Carlos his problem is in relation to spirit?
6. What happens when a spirit sets up a lure for a nagual to an apprentice, according to Don Juan?
7. What are the four moods of stalking, according to the book's teachings from Don Juan?
8. What is the purpose of the cave in which Carlos and Don Juan stay, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
9. When Carlos wonders whether God is intent, what do the others have to say about this idea?
10. What did Elias have to do in order to prevent Julian from dying, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the first goals of a nagual is to master their intent, or the mental aims of the universe.
Part 1: Why do you think intent is the first step a person needs to take when they want to be a nagual?
Part 2: Do you have intentions in your life right now? What might they be?
Part 3: How do you think one's actions change when a person has an intent vs. when they don't have an intent?
Essay Topic 2
Sorcerers must act maliciously in order to shock others into connections with the spirit, according to Don Juan.
Part 1: Why do you think it's necessary to shock others into connects with the spirit?
Part 2: Do you think malice is always necessary to shock others? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the malicious actions of others might impact you?
Essay Topic 3
Don Juan teaches Carlos through the stories he tells, rather than teaching specific lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think stories are used instead of actual lessons?
Part 2: Do you think you learn better from stories or from lessons from a teacher?
Part 3: How do you think stories are able to teach better than a lesson as you might learn from a book?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)