|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Belisario tells Don Juan that ___________ likes him and wants to keep him, according to the story.
2. What did Elias think about the man who was seducing a woman's servant in the field?
3. Who was the well-dressed man in the field, according to the story, that Elias then follows after seeing him in the field?
4. What was the other profession of Julian, which is why he could convert himself into other people so easily?
5. Don Juan uses a small tap on Carlos' ______ in order to shift his energy field to give him a taste of altered perception.
Short Essay Questions
1. When does seeing occur, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
2. What do sorcerers always do in the beginning of their relationships with their apprentices?
3. What do the men tell Carlos when he asks why he is being taken prisoner, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
4. Why could Julian convert himself into a number of different types of people, according to Don Juan?
5. When Carlos wonders whether God is intent, what do the others have to say about this idea?
6. What are the abstract cores which Don Juan begins to teach to Carlos during this section?
7. What does Julian do as a result of falling ill with tuberculosis, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
8. Why should sorcerers have clear memories of crossing over into the new perpetual threshold?
9. What are the four moods of stalking, according to the book's teachings from Don Juan?
10. What does Don Juan tell Carlos he has to control in order to advance in his learning, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Don Juan teaches Carlos through the stories he tells, rather than teaching specific lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think stories are used instead of actual lessons?
Part 2: Do you think you learn better from stories or from lessons from a teacher?
Part 3: How do you think stories are able to teach better than a lesson as you might learn from a book?
Essay Topic 2
It's a given in the story that the world is made up of energy and that these fields of energy impact the actions of those who live in the world.
Part 1: Do you agree that the world is made up of energy fields?
Part 2: How do you think the world might change if there was no concept of energy in the world?
Part 3: Why do you think energy fields are a concept which can be understood by Carlos? Or isn't this understandable for him?
Essay Topic 3
Don Juan disguises himself in order to get away from a monster in his training days.
Part 1: How do you think Don Juan was able to disguise himself?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible to disguise oneself without magic?
Part 3: Why do you think you might want to disguise yourself in your modern life?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)