|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian join before he has his powerful experience with spirit knocking on his door?
2. To whom does Don Juan compare himself, in relation to the way he asks questions of his teacher?
3. Carlos and Don Juan leaves his home in order to go to ________ where they begin to discuss the moods of stalking.
4. Julian remembers the time when he saved __________ and thought that he was insane as a result.
5. Where does Elias serve as a sorcerer who interacts with people, according to the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does sorcery allow a person to do with the energy which is present in the world, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
2. What do sorcerers always do in the beginning of their relationships with their apprentices?
3. What happens as a result of the small tap that Don Juan gives to Carlos on the shoulder?
4. What happens when a spirit sets up a lure for a nagual to an apprentice, according to Don Juan?
5. What are the abstract cores which Don Juan begins to teach to Carlos during this section?
6. What is the purpose of the cave in which Carlos and Don Juan stay, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
7. Why could Julian convert himself into a number of different types of people, according to Don Juan?
8. What is the purpose of every act of a nagual, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
9. What do sorcerers need to do in order to revive man's link with intent and spirit?
10. Describe the monstrous man that Don Juan saw when Belisario and his wife took him in, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carlos decides to go on another adventure with Don Juan and the other naguals in this story.
Part 1: Why do you think Carlos continues to go back to these sorcerers to learn?
Part 2: How do you think Carlos' thinking has shifted since he was a young student in anthropology?
Part 3: Do you think you would want to go to study with the people that Carlos does? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The best way to stalk oneself is to die, according to the story.
Part 1: Why do you think death allows a person to best stalk themselves?
Part 2: Does this mean that a person can't fully stalk themselves until they're dead?
Part 3: How do you think one can die without actually losing their life?
Essay Topic 3
Don Juan teaches Carlos through the stories he tells, rather than teaching specific lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think stories are used instead of actual lessons?
Part 2: Do you think you learn better from stories or from lessons from a teacher?
Part 3: How do you think stories are able to teach better than a lesson as you might learn from a book?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)