|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ sets up a lure for the nagual to the apprentice, and the nagual must evaluate the decision.
2. Carlos realizes what the definition of intent is, but realizes it can not be communicated in _________.
3. What was the old man's wife's profession, which is why Julian wanted them to take in Don Juan?
4. Who had saved Julian by dreaming him, by seeing him, and by stalking him, according to the story in this book?
5. What did Elias have to plug in Julian in order to save his life from the issues surrounding him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan emphasize about understanding the abstract cores, though this confuses Carlos?
2. When does seeing occur, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
3. What does sorcery allow a person to do with the energy which is present in the world, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
4. What is the point of the stories that Don Juan tells Carlos during their times together?
5. What do sorcerers need to do in order to revive man's link with intent and spirit?
6. What are the aims of the nagual, according to Carlos when he introduces the book?
7. When Carlos wonders whether God is intent, what do the others have to say about this idea?
8. What were the two places in which Elias was thought to have inhabited with his gift of being able to be in two places at once?
9. What was the purpose of Carlos and Don Juan going to the cave, according to the writings in the book?
10. Why should sorcerers have clear memories of crossing over into the new perpetual threshold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Don Juan teaches that there are four moods when it comes to stalking and they must all be mastered.
Part 1: Why do you think there are moods to stalking?
Part 2: What other moods do you think might be able to be linked to the idea of stalking?
Part 3: How do you think these moods of stalking impact the person who is doing the stalking?
Essay Topic 2
Julian seems to try to seek the trust of his student, but still continues to trick him.
Part 1: Why might Julian want to have the trust of Don Juan?
Part 2: What is the purpose of the constant trickery when one is trying to build trust?
Part 3: Do you trust people who are always trying to trick you?
Essay Topic 3
Don Juan teaches Carlos through the stories he tells, rather than teaching specific lessons.
Part 1: Why do you think stories are used instead of actual lessons?
Part 2: Do you think you learn better from stories or from lessons from a teacher?
Part 3: How do you think stories are able to teach better than a lesson as you might learn from a book?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)