|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Julian dies in the act of seducing __________, according to the book and to the way that Don Juan tells the story.
2. Carlos doesn't actually want to ______________, but he is doing so anyways since that is how Don Juan is teaching him about the culture.
3. The beginning of the relationship with an apprentice is to jolt the connection with the _________ right from the start.
4. Don Juan tells Carlos that he took him to the ________ for a reason, to move Carlos into heightened awareness.
5. In the fourth abstract core, the spirit cuts one's ___________, which imprisons many people, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan emphasize about understanding the abstract cores, though this confuses Carlos?
2. What is the physical transformation that Belisario is taking on when he interacts with Don Juan?
3. What does Spirit do when it has trouble reestablishing link with humans and their intent?
4. What does Don Juan tell Carlos his problem is in relation to spirit?
5. What does Don Juan tell Carlos he has to control in order to advance in his learning, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
6. What is the purpose of every act of a nagual, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
7. Why could Julian convert himself into a number of different types of people, according to Don Juan?
8. What do sorcerers always do in the beginning of their relationships with their apprentices?
9. What is the point of the stories that Don Juan tells Carlos during their times together?
10. What are the abstract cores which Don Juan begins to teach to Carlos during this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It's a given in the story that the world is made up of energy and that these fields of energy impact the actions of those who live in the world.
Part 1: Do you agree that the world is made up of energy fields?
Part 2: How do you think the world might change if there was no concept of energy in the world?
Part 3: Why do you think energy fields are a concept which can be understood by Carlos? Or isn't this understandable for him?
Essay Topic 2
Julian seems to try to seek the trust of his student, but still continues to trick him.
Part 1: Why might Julian want to have the trust of Don Juan?
Part 2: What is the purpose of the constant trickery when one is trying to build trust?
Part 3: Do you trust people who are always trying to trick you?
Essay Topic 3
The knock of the spirit forces entry into the idea of intent, according to Don Juan's teachings.
Part 1: How do you think that the spirit might knock a person?
Part 2: Why do you think it's intent which builds the edifice in which a person must enter?
Part 3: What do you think this lesson has to teach someone in the modern world?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)