|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________ abstract core is called the trickery of the spirit, according to the stories in the book.
2. The abstract cores are blueprints which can help to lead to a higher level of ___________, according to the book.
3. Julian dies in the act of seducing __________, according to the book and to the way that Don Juan tells the story.
4. This abstract core involves learning to stalk oneself or dusting off the ______ with intent, according to the writing.
5. How many moods does Don Juan describe when he is talking about stalking one's self?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the cave in which Carlos and Don Juan stay, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
2. What are the four moods of stalking, according to the book's teachings from Don Juan?
3. What happens when Don Juan takes Carlos to meet with two men in Nogales?
4. Why should sorcerers have clear memories of crossing over into the new perpetual threshold?
5. What does Julian do as a result of falling ill with tuberculosis, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
6. What does sorcery allow a person to do with the energy which is present in the world, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
7. When Carlos wonders whether God is intent, what do the others have to say about this idea?
8. Describe the upbringing of Julian which caused him to have troubles connecting with spirit at first.
9. What happened after Don Juan was imprisoned on a hacienda, but then attempts to escape from this situation?
10. What is the point of the stories that Don Juan tells Carlos during their times together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The best way to stalk oneself is to die, according to the story.
Part 1: Why do you think death allows a person to best stalk themselves?
Part 2: Does this mean that a person can't fully stalk themselves until they're dead?
Part 3: How do you think one can die without actually losing their life?
Essay Topic 2
One of the first goals of a nagual is to master their intent, or the mental aims of the universe.
Part 1: Why do you think intent is the first step a person needs to take when they want to be a nagual?
Part 2: Do you have intentions in your life right now? What might they be?
Part 3: How do you think one's actions change when a person has an intent vs. when they don't have an intent?
Essay Topic 3
Elias is a sorcerer who is able to be in two places at the same time. This is a skill which is called 'dreaming' in the story.
Part 1: Do you think Elias was actually able to be in two places at the same time?
Part 2: How do you think a person might be able to be in two places at the same time?
Part 3: Would you like to be a person who could be in two places at the same time? What would you do with this ability?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)