|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Juan say is the cause of the mental fatigue that Carlos experiences? Leftover __________ in his mind.
(d) Self pity.
2. ___________ requires that the sorcerer banish doubt from their mind, allowing anything to become possible for the person.
3. _________ is not an enemy as many people like to believe that it is, according to Don Juan in the story.
4. Sorcerers, according to Don Juan, only _________ when they have to, or so he tells Carlos in the story.
5. Don Juan reminds Carlos that a sorcerer works to shatter the __________ of self reflection, according to his teachings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos begins to realize that his assemblage point is allowing him to develop a new form of _______________ in his life.
2. Humans are a part of the __________ with the idea that rationality that only a veneer that covers the human.
3. The forerunner to silent ________ is the place of no pity assemblage point, according to Don Juan in his teachings to Carlos.
4. To what area do Don Juan and Carlos return a few days later in the story, according to the writing of Carlos?
5. Don Juan tells Carlos there are ______ stages when it comes to connecting with one's intent, according to his teachings.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the forerunner to silent knowledge in relation to the assemblage point?
2. What does ruthlessness require, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
3. What do men warriors find they are doing as they move closer to becoming a sorcerer, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
4. After studying sorcery for a while, what does Don Juan suddenly want to do one day, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
5. What does Carlos insist that he is while Don Juan insists he is something else entirely?
6. What signals the presence of intent, according to Don Juan during his teaching with Carlos?
7. What does Don Juan decide to do after he nearly drowns in the river?
8. What does Don Juan say will happen if he and Carlos are rational about the way they approach the jaguar?
9. Where does Carlos have to store his memories of the things he has learned with Don Juan?
10. What is the dissonant element that Don Juan introduces to Carlos as a part of his teaching?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)