|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Juan say the healer was probably able to remove from the body of the patient which is why the patient got better?
2. Where are Carlos and Don Juan heading when Carlos begins to think that something is wrong with Don Juan?
(d) Mexico City.
3. Man's __________reaches its limits when the action from #104 is taken, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
4. The forerunner of ______ was the assemblage point called the place of concern, according to Don Juan in his teachings.
5. Don Juan reminds Carlos that a sorcerer works to shatter the __________ of self reflection, according to his teachings.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what area do Don Juan and Carlos return a few days later in the story, according to the writing of Carlos?
2. Carlos had a frightening lack of _________ when Don Juan decides to do the things that he does to Carlos before shaking off the ruse.
3. Don Juan suggests that he and Carlos become ____________ in order to prevent the animal from guessing what they are going to do.
4. Don Juan and Carlos argue about whether a person is able to move one's own _____________, but the matter is not resolved.
5. What holds men back from becoming sorcerers, according to the teachings of Don Juan as Carlos relays them to the reader?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan do that makes Carlos so mad at Don Juan that he loses all pity for him?
2. Why does Carlos become upset when he and Don Juan return to Don Juan's house?
3. What does Don Juan decide to do after he nearly drowns in the river?
4. What is the great advantage of moving the assemblage point, according to Don Juan?
5. What did Carlos see when he watched the psychic healer in Mexico City, according to the story he tells Don Juan?
6. What is the forerunner to silent knowledge in relation to the assemblage point?
7. What happens in the morning after Carlos spends more time in the spot where he remembered his experience in Guaymas?
8. What is the explanation that Don Juan offers for the surgery that Carlos saw in Mexico City?
9. What does Don Juan say will happen if he and Carlos are rational about the way they approach the jaguar?
10. What does a nagual aim to do, according to Don Juan, when he is teaching Carlos in this section?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)