|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian suggest to Don Juan as a way to defeat self-importance, though there are three different ways?
(a) Symbolic death.
(d) Place of not pity.
2. Sorcerers, according to Don Juan, only _________ when they have to, or so he tells Carlos in the story.
3. Don Juan was only able to puncture the rationality of Carlos when he took him to a place of ____________, according to his reasoning.
(b) No pity.
4. The knowledge of _________ signals the presence of intent, according to the teachings about silent knowledge from Don Juan.
5. Don Juan aims to break Carlos' sense of his own personality's ___________, within the course of their training together.
Short Answer Questions
1. The state in which a person ceases to be a self-reflector is called the _________ state, according to Don Juan while he teaches Carlos.
2. What does Don Juan say is the cause of the mental fatigue that Carlos experiences? Leftover __________ in his mind.
3. Man __________ find themselves stuck between being average men and sorcerers, though they all know they are moving toward being sorcerers.
4. Carlos begins to realize that his assemblage point is allowing him to develop a new form of _______________ in his life.
5. What does Carlos decide that he will buy in order to try to get back to Don Juan in order to help him after he is run off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan have to do in order to stay in the hacienda with the women in order to hide from the monstrous man?
2. After studying sorcery for a while, what does Don Juan suddenly want to do one day, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
3. How does Don Juan describe the sort of stalking which is necessary in order to find memories again?
4. What does Don Juan say is the best quality of death, aside from giving a person to stalk themselves?
5. What does Don Juan do that makes Carlos so mad at Don Juan that he loses all pity for him?
6. What did Carlos see when he watched the psychic healer in Mexico City, according to the story he tells Don Juan?
7. What does Don Juan say about the idea of impeccability, what it is and what it is not, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
8. What does Carlos remember about the time that Don Juan was talking about moving the assemblage point?
9. Don Juan emphasizes that the first principle of sorcery is what, even though it is the thing that happens first?
10. What does Don Juan say will happen if he and Carlos are rational about the way they approach the jaguar?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)