|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whose house do Carlos and Don Juan return when they are done with their lessons with the others?
(d) Don Juan's.
2. Who tells Don Juan that he needs to become an apprentice as he is on that path during the story?
(b) Don Matus.
3. What does Don Juan say is the cause of the mental fatigue that Carlos experiences? Leftover __________ in his mind.
(d) Self pity.
4. What does Julian do to Don Juan when Don Juan agrees that he wants to learn what the spirit is?
(a) Pushes him off a cliff.
(b) Shoots him in the back.
(c) Throws him in the river.
(d) Poisons him.
5. What is the animal that Carlos and Don Juan both notice as they are traveling together?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Don Juan waiting for when he is at the hacienda with the women, though the man does not return?
2. In order to stay at the hacienda, Don Juan has to __________ and he needs to avoid having a bad attitude during his time.
3. ___________ requires that the sorcerer banish doubt from their mind, allowing anything to become possible for the person.
4. What is the group into which Don Juan places himself and Carlos in terms of stalker classifications?
5. What is one of the ways Don Juan suggests that Carlos can begin to remember the things he wants to remember?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Carlos have to store his memories of the things he has learned with Don Juan?
2. Why does Carlos become upset when he and Don Juan return to Don Juan's house?
3. What does a nagual aim to do, according to Don Juan, when he is teaching Carlos in this section?
4. What is the explanation that Don Juan offers for the surgery that Carlos saw in Mexico City?
5. What does Don Juan say will happen if he and Carlos are rational about the way they approach the jaguar?
6. How does Don Juan describe the sort of stalking which is necessary in order to find memories again?
7. What does Don Juan decide to do after he nearly drowns in the river?
8. What is the great advantage of moving the assemblage point, according to Don Juan?
9. What does Don Juan do that makes Carlos so mad at Don Juan that he loses all pity for him?
10. What signals the presence of intent, according to Don Juan during his teaching with Carlos?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)