|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Don Juan's home, according to the descriptions in this story?
(a) Mexico City.
2. Don Juan tells Carlos that the point of understanding the abstract cores must be understood outside of _____________.
3. What does Julian join before he has his powerful experience with spirit knocking on his door?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Acting troupe.
(d) Ritual circle.
4. Carlos only has troubles understanding the ________ when he tries to think about it, according to the stories in the book.
5. Men do not use their energies to help achieve _________ because, according to Don Juan, they are bogged down by the vagaries of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sight of the monster caused Don Juan to jolt his connection to spirit by shifting his ______________.
2. Carlos realizes what the definition of intent is, but realizes it can not be communicated in _________.
3. Where was Julian's family from, according to the telling of his story by Don Juan?
4. What did Elias think about the man who was seducing a woman's servant in the field?
5. Don Juan says that ________ was an excellent dreamer and stalker, according to his own opinions and memories.
Short Essay Questions
1. While the sorcerer is invited to enter the edifice intent builds, what/who forces entry?
2. What are the abstract cores which Don Juan begins to teach to Carlos during this section?
3. What happens when Don Juan takes Carlos to meet with two men in Nogales?
4. What is the purpose of every act of a nagual, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
5. What are the four moods of stalking, according to the book's teachings from Don Juan?
6. What does sorcery allow a person to do with the energy which is present in the world, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
7. What was the purpose of Carlos and Don Juan going to the cave, according to the writings in the book?
8. What do sorcerers always do in the beginning of their relationships with their apprentices?
9. Describe the upbringing of Julian which caused him to have troubles connecting with spirit at first.
10. What does Spirit do when it has trouble reestablishing link with humans and their intent?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)