|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos argues that the only way to know intent is through a living __________ between intent and all sentient beings.
2. Don Juan emphasizes the _______ in order to get a point of reference to examine intention, according to the book.
3. Don Juan tells Carlos that sorcery is a state of _____________ beyond the ordinary perception, according to the book.
4. How does Don Juan choose to communicate with Don Juan during the course of this story?
5. Carlos doesn't actually want to ______________, but he is doing so anyways since that is how Don Juan is teaching him about the culture.
(a) Write about his experiences.
(b) Listen to Don Juan.
(c) Find out about intent.
(d) Become a sorcerer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Belisario tells Don Juan that ___________ likes him and wants to keep him, according to the story.
2. There is an unmeasurable, indescribable force that sorcerers call _________, according to the book.
3. Carlos is told that his problem is that he is modern and relying on the aberrations of _____________ in his life.
4. ___________ occurs when intent energizes and lights up an energy field, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
5. What does Silvio scream which causes Carlos to remember what he has learned, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Spirit do when it has trouble reestablishing link with humans and their intent?
2. When does seeing occur, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
3. What is the relationship between humans and the energy fields which make up the world, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
4. What does Julian do as a result of falling ill with tuberculosis, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
5. Why should sorcerers have clear memories of crossing over into the new perpetual threshold?
6. What is the purpose of every act of a nagual, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
7. What was the purpose of Carlos and Don Juan going to the cave, according to the writings in the book?
8. What are the abstract cores which Don Juan begins to teach to Carlos during this section?
9. Describe the upbringing of Julian which caused him to have troubles connecting with spirit at first.
10. What did Elias realize about the woman when she was walking away from the man, according to the teachings of Don Juan?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)