|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The state in which a person ceases to be a self-reflector is called the _________ state, according to Don Juan while he teaches Carlos.
(a) Not knowing.
(b) Not doing.
(c) Not seeing.
(d) Not understanding.
2. What did the healer supposedly remove from the ill man in the procedure that Carlos has witnessed in the past?
(a) Gall bladder.
3. What holds men back from becoming sorcerers, according to the teachings of Don Juan as Carlos relays them to the reader?
(a) Mirror of self reflection.
(b) Misguided goals.
4. Who is Don Juan waiting for when he is at the hacienda with the women, though the man does not return?
(b) Don Matus.
5. What is the animal that Carlos and Don Juan both notice as they are traveling together?
6. Don Juan reminds Carlos that a sorcerer works to shatter the __________ of self reflection, according to his teachings.
7. The third point of reference that Carlos achieved is the freedom of ________ and it is also called intent.
8. What does Carlos decide that he will buy in order to try to get back to Don Juan in order to help him after he is run off?
(a) Tourist gifts.
(b) A blanket.
9. Don Juan talks about the __________of Carlos, saying that while it was once that he was an anthropologist, now he is a sorcerer.
10. To what area do Don Juan and Carlos return a few days later in the story, according to the writing of Carlos?
11. How many times does Don Juan slap Carlos when Carlos appears to be trying to help him with his movement?
(b) He doesn't slap him.
(d) Three times.
12. Don Juan tells Carlos that learning to maintain the link to intent is up to ___________, in his teachings.
(a) The spirit.
(b) The links.
(c) The weather.
(d) The sorcerer.
13. What happens when Don Juan asks Carlos to take him to a store where people know him?
(a) He jumps out of the car.
(b) He gives bad directions.
(c) He goes cold.
(d) He doesn't acknowledge Carlos.
14. A sorcerer needs to become _______________ in order to not be held back in their life and in their progress.
15. _________ is not an enemy as many people like to believe that it is, according to Don Juan in the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Carlos a petty, wasteful, opinionated, coercive, short tempered, and conceited man in the course of the story?
2. What is the best way to stalk oneself, according to the teachings of Don Juan to Carlos?
3. What is one of the ways Don Juan suggests that Carlos can begin to remember the things he wants to remember?
4. To whose house do Carlos and Don Juan return when they are done with their lessons with the others?
5. What does Don Juan say the healer was probably able to remove from the body of the patient which is why the patient got better?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)