|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Don Juan slap Carlos when Carlos appears to be trying to help him with his movement?
(c) He doesn't slap him.
(d) Three times.
2. Carlos believes that Don Juan helps him because he truly ____________ help Carlos in his queries.
(a) Feels compelled to.
(b) Wants to.
(c) Doesn't want to.
(d) Hates to.
3. In order to stay at the hacienda, Don Juan has to __________ and he needs to avoid having a bad attitude during his time.
(a) Train with Don Matus.
(b) Work hard.
(c) Stay in one room.
(d) Sleep quietly.
4. What does Carlos begin to suspect is wrong with Don Juan when they are traveling together in the car?
(b) Pulmonary embolism.
(c) Stomach flu.
5. Carlos had a frightening lack of _________ when Don Juan decides to do the things that he does to Carlos before shaking off the ruse.
6. Don Juan tells Carlos that learning to maintain the link to intent is up to ___________, in his teachings.
(a) The weather.
(b) The sorcerer.
(c) The links.
(d) The spirit.
7. To what area do Don Juan and Carlos return a few days later in the story, according to the writing of Carlos?
8. Where was the surgical procedure that Carlos witnessed, though he does not believe the healer was really doing what he seemed to be doing?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Mexico City.
9. What holds men back from becoming sorcerers, according to the teachings of Don Juan as Carlos relays them to the reader?
(b) Mirror of self reflection.
(c) Misguided goals.
10. What is the best way to stalk oneself, according to the teachings of Don Juan to Carlos?
11. A sorcerer needs to become _______________ in order to not be held back in their life and in their progress.
12. What does Julian do to Don Juan when Don Juan agrees that he wants to learn what the spirit is?
(a) Shoots him in the back.
(b) Poisons him.
(c) Throws him in the river.
(d) Pushes him off a cliff.
13. Who is Don Juan waiting for when he is at the hacienda with the women, though the man does not return?
(b) Don Matus.
14. What is the story that Carlos tells Don Juan when he is asked to talk about his childhood? Carlos used to be light and agile when he played _____________.
15. What is the animal that Carlos and Don Juan both notice as they are traveling together?
Short Answer Questions
1. When a person takes this action (from #104), Don Juan says that the person will be able to break __________________.
2. Don Juan was only able to puncture the rationality of Carlos when he took him to a place of ____________, according to his reasoning.
3. Unbending ________ requires getting a third point of reference on one's action, beyond the regular two points of reference.
4. Carlos begins to have a recollection of a time he and Don Juan were in ___________ in the state of Chihuahua.
5. Don Juan quizzes Carlos on what he has learned and tells him that moving the ___________ is not the first principle of sorcery, though it often happens first.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)