|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Controlled ________ is a difficult art to learn, according to Don Juan when he is talking to Carlos.
2. Don Juan reminds Carlos that a sorcerer works to shatter the __________ of self reflection, according to his teachings.
3. Don Juan tells Carlos that ________ is kind and sweet for the sorcerer when they are talking about their lessons and lives.
4. Sorcerers, according to Don Juan, only _________ when they have to, or so he tells Carlos in the story.
5. Don Juan talks about the __________of Carlos, saying that while it was once that he was an anthropologist, now he is a sorcerer.
6. Don Juan suggests that he and Carlos become ____________ in order to prevent the animal from guessing what they are going to do.
7. Don Juan and Carlos spend the night in the spot where Carlos remembered his experience in _____________.
(c) Mexico City.
8. ___________ requires that the sorcerer banish doubt from their mind, allowing anything to become possible for the person.
9. What happens when Don Juan asks Carlos to take him to a store where people know him?
(a) He jumps out of the car.
(b) He goes cold.
(c) He gives bad directions.
(d) He doesn't acknowledge Carlos.
10. What does Carlos begin to suspect is wrong with Don Juan when they are traveling together in the car?
(c) Pulmonary embolism.
(d) Stomach flu.
11. Carlos begins to notice that his mind switches back and forth between mental __________ and mental fatigue as he is talking with Don Juan.
12. What does Don Juan do in order to cause Carlos to begin to look at himself more closely and inside of himself?
(b) Taps his eyes.
(c) Give him peyote.
(d) Stare at him.
13. Where was the surgical procedure that Carlos witnessed, though he does not believe the healer was really doing what he seemed to be doing?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) Los Angeles.
14. The forerunner of ______ was the assemblage point called the place of concern, according to Don Juan in his teachings.
15. Don Juan lets Carlos know that ________ helps one develop a silent knowledge in their life, according to his teachings.
(d) A shadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what area do Don Juan and Carlos return a few days later in the story, according to the writing of Carlos?
2. Don Juan tells Carlos that learning to maintain the link to intent is up to ___________, in his teachings.
3. Don Juan and Carlos argue about whether a person is able to move one's own _____________, but the matter is not resolved.
4. Don Juan tells Carlos that he came to be impeccable in his own life by _________, according to the story he tells.
5. Where does Carlos decide to take Don Juan when Carlos begins to think that something is wrong with Don Juan?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)