|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos doesn't actually want to ______________, but he is doing so anyways since that is how Don Juan is teaching him about the culture.
(a) Become a sorcerer.
(b) Write about his experiences.
(c) Listen to Don Juan.
(d) Find out about intent.
2. To whom does Don Juan compare himself, in relation to the way he asks questions of his teacher?
(a) Don Matus.
3. What happened when Don Juan tried to escape from his situation, according to the story in the book?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was rescued by Elias.
(c) He died.
(d) He flew away.
4. How many years was Don Juan fortunate to spend with his teacher, according to his own recollections?
5. Where is Don Juan's home, according to the descriptions in this story?
(d) Mexico City.
6. All of Julian's abilities as a young man allowed him to enjoy instant ____________, according to the book.
7. What did Elias notice about the man in the field when he was following him afterward?
(a) He was himself.
(b) He was a friend.
(c) His enery was drained.
(d) He was pretending.
8. What does Don Juan have to disguise himself as in order to get past the malevolent creature?
(b) A child.
(c) Older man.
9. What does Carlos do in response to being shifted into a normal state of awareness, according to his own recollection?
(c) Hit the wall.
10. Who is the dark and massive Indian with rough features who is short, with large hands and feet, humble and wise but without flare?
(b) Don Matus.
(c) Don Juan.
11. Where does Julian end up which is where his life ends and the spirit knocks on his door?
(d) Mexico City.
12. Carlos realizes what the definition of intent is, but realizes it can not be communicated in _________.
13. This abstract core involves learning to stalk oneself or dusting off the ______ with intent, according to the writing.
14. ____________ is the reorientation of human energy fields in order to achieve peace and freedom from the mundane folkways of life.
15. The behavior that Carlos needs to take on in order to stalk himself combines ______ and beauty, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Don Juan's teacher from whom Don Juan has learned how to become a sorcerer?
2. What does Julian join before he has his powerful experience with spirit knocking on his door?
3. Carlos and Don Juan return to Don Juan's house after climbing ___________, at the start of this section.
4. What do sorcerers always begin their relationships with their apprentices with?
5. Don Juan talks about the importance of the teacher and student relationship, which helps to inspire _________ in Carlos.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)