|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: The Descent of the Spirit (The Place of No Pity).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos and Don Juan return to Don Juan's house after climbing ___________, at the start of this section.
(a) Into the cave.
(b) The waterfall.
(c) Down the mountain.
(d) The hill.
2. What does Silvio scream which causes Carlos to remember what he has learned, according to the story?
3. In the fourth abstract core, the spirit cuts one's ___________, which imprisons many people, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
(b) Self reflection.
4. What does Don Juan do in order to cause Carlos to begin to look at himself more closely and inside of himself?
(a) Give him peyote.
(b) Taps his eyes.
(d) Stare at him.
5. The knock of the _________ forces entry into the structure that the intent builds for someone to enter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos doesn't actually want to ______________, but he is doing so anyways since that is how Don Juan is teaching him about the culture.
2. ________ protected Don Juan from the harsh onslaughts of thought that were coming from Julian.
3. What does Julian join before he has his powerful experience with spirit knocking on his door?
4. ___________ can be described and can be represented, according to Don Juan, but intent can not.
5. Sorcerers need a fierce _________, or a mental state known as unbending intent, according to the writing in this book.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)