Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has public opinion shifted on the eve of the fête?
2. For whom are the swine a metaphor in the story of Luke?
3. What cover do the fifteen people use for gathering at Virginsky's house?
4. What resonance does the story of the swine from Luke have with the novel?
5. What does Stavrogin believe in?
Essay Topic 1
How are women depicted in The Possessed? Are they mere symbols of sexual attributes like desirability and innocence and seduction, or are they individuals with complex feelings and thoughts? How are they distinguished from the male characters, or are they treated as similarly-independent, self-reliant souls?
Essay Topic 2
Are Shatov and Stepan Verkhovensky heroes in The Possessed? Why or why not? Are Peter Verkhovensky and Stavrogin heroes? Are they villains?
Essay Topic 3
What is Dostoevsky's perspective on the action in The Possessed? Is he narrating in all seriousness, or is he ironically or satirically detached from his characters?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)