|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lisa find after she leaves Stavrogin's?
2. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky set off for after the fête?
(a) He is taking the train to Moscow.
(b) He is taking a coach back to Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(c) He is walking across Russia.
(d) He is taking the train to St. Petersburg.
3. For whom are the swine a metaphor in the story of Luke?
(a) Peter and his revolutionaries.
(b) Captain and Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Mrs. Lembke and her young radicals.
(d) Stavrogin and voluptuaries like him.
4. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky wander into in the beginning of Chapter 7 of Part 3?
(a) An anarchists' camp.
(b) The Winter Palace in Moscow.
(c) A river.
(d) The 'real Russia.'
5. What does Stavrogin look for and not find in the final chapters?
(a) Just punishment.
(c) His mother's forgiveness.
(d) A good woman's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Shatov?
2. What is the narrator's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's reaction to the search of Peter's house?
3. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
4. What effect does the birth of Shatov's child have on him?
5. What kind of speech does Stepan Verkhovensky give?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)