|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stepan Verkhovensky react to the search of Peter's house?
(a) He helps the police.
(b) He hides in a closet.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He resists the search with force.
2. What does Lisa overhear of Stavrogin's conversation with Peter?
(a) She hears taht Peter killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) She hears that Fedka killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) She hears that Stavrogin knows who killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) She hears that Stavrogin killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin.
3. Which revolutionary dissociates himself from murder as a strategy?
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
4. Why does Lisa want to leave Stavrogin at the beginning of the Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Stavrogin confessed to killing Mary.
(b) She wanted to report his murder to the police.
(c) Stavrogin told her he didn't love her.
(d) They have begun to quarrel.
5. What cover do the fifteen people use for gathering at Virginsky's house?
(a) They are there to celerate the birth of his son.
(b) They are there to help him move.
(c) They are there to help him through his illness.
(d) They are there to celebrate his birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it a mistake to charge a high price for the fête?
2. What happens to Stavrogin as the novel concludes?
3. Who chases after Lisa when she leaves Stavrogin's house?
4. What resonance does the story of the swine from Luke have with the novel?
5. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky set off for after the fête?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)