|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter Verkhovensky concerned about when he rushes out of Virginsky's house?
(a) A raid that is planned for his house.
(b) Getting his manuscript to the press in time for printing.
(c) An arrest warrant that has been issued for him.
(d) A letter that might expose the group.
2. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
(a) A pastoral idyll.
(b) A patriotic ode.
(c) An obscene farce.
(d) A call for revolution.
3. What kind of speech does Stepan Verkhovensky give?
(a) A justification of revolutionary acts.
(b) A jeremiad against the people themselves.
(c) An attack on materialism.
(d) A defense of high culture.
4. Who carries out the raid on Peter's house?
(a) Mr. Blum.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin.
5. Why do the townspeople think the Lebyatkins were killed?
(a) To limit the radicals' liabilities.
(b) To punish them for blackmailing the radical group.
(c) To free Stavrogin to have his affair with Lisa Tushin.
(d) To avenge their persecution of the aristocrats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Virginsky say to the radicals after Shatov's wife gives birth?
2. What happens to the swine in the story from Luke?
3. What is the overall message of The Possessed?
4. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
5. Where do Lisa and the man she meets rush off to after they meet?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)