|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dostoevsky seem to believe is the problem with Russia?
(a) It is held back by its feudal past.
(b) It is ripe for a revolution but incapable of emerging from one.
(c) It is poisoned by its peasant spirituality.
(d) It is both attracted to and repulsed by industrial modernism.
2. Who kills Shatov?
3. Who shows up to talk with Shatov after Shatov's wife returns?
4. Why was it a mistake to charge a high price for the fête?
(a) The people expected to be entertained.
(b) No one could afford to come.
(c) Expensive tickets excluded the writers.
(d) The people who came wanted food.
5. What had some poor people done to prepare for the fête?
(a) Moved away to make room for Lembke's guests.
(b) Broken into the banquet hall.
(c) Pawned their belongings to buy gowns.
(d) Stolen money from Lembke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime is Fedka implicated in?
2. What does Lisa overhear of Stavrogin's conversation with Peter?
3. How many people are in Peter Verkhovensky's secret group of radicals?
4. What does Virginsky say to the radicals after Shatov's wife gives birth?
5. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)