|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Peter intent on killing Shatov?
(a) From an insult years ago.
(b) Out of love for Shatov's wife.
(c) Out of envy for Stepan's regard for Shatov.
(d) Because Shatov knows too much about his plans.
2. What do the police take from Peter Verkhovensky's house?
(b) Radical anarchists.
(c) Papers and books.
3. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky set off for after the fête?
(a) He is taking a coach back to Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(b) He is taking the train to Moscow.
(c) He is walking across Russia.
(d) He is taking the train to St. Petersburg.
4. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
(c) Captain Leybatkin.
5. What cover do the fifteen people use for gathering at Virginsky's house?
(a) They are there to help him through his illness.
(b) They are there to celebrate his birthday.
(c) They are there to help him move.
(d) They are there to celerate the birth of his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stepan Verkhovensky have to work up his courage to do?
2. What is the overall message of The Possessed?
3. What does Lisa overhear of Stavrogin's conversation with Peter?
4. What does Stavrogin want Fedka to do?
5. What does Stepan Verkhovensky find in his wanderings?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)