|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peter blame for Mary and Captain Lebyatkin's murder?
2. How does Stepan Verkhovensky react to the search of Peter's house?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He hides in a closet.
(c) He helps the police.
(d) He resists the search with force.
3. Why was it a mistake to charge a high price for the fête?
(a) Expensive tickets excluded the writers.
(b) No one could afford to come.
(c) The people who came wanted food.
(d) The people expected to be entertained.
4. What led to the release of the demons in Russia in the nineteenth century?
(a) The publication of Darwin's Origin of Species.
(b) Convulsions associated with modernization.
(c) The invention of the printing press.
(d) The invention of the railroad.
5. What cover do the fifteen people use for gathering at Virginsky's house?
(a) They are there to help him move.
(b) They are there to help him through his illness.
(c) They are there to celerate the birth of his son.
(d) They are there to celebrate his birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
2. Which revolutionary dissociates himself from murder as a strategy?
3. What is the narrator's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's reaction to the search of Peter's house?
4. Who kills Kirilov?
5. Why is Lisa Tushin killed?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)