|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the narrator have for visiting Lembke?
(a) He wants to testify against Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) He wants to know why he is being searched.
(c) He wants to prevent Stepan Verkhovensky from doing anything silly.
(d) He wants to arrange to get out of the country.
2. How does Stepan Verkhovensky react to the search of Peter's house?
(a) He helps the police.
(b) He hides in a closet.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He resists the search with force.
3. What is the overall message of The Possessed?
(a) Russia is in the hands of loving protectors like Stepan Verkhovensky.
(b) Russia is possessed with demons.
(c) Conspiracy against the government is always fruitless.
(d) Tyrannical monarchy will bring about its own downfall.
4. Why are workers from the Spigulin factory massing in the street?
(a) They are petitioning for the governor to intervene in a payment dispute.
(b) They are organizing themselves for the new, post-revolutionary society.
(c) They are demanding the release of political prisoners.
(d) They are enjoying their day off.
5. Who kills Shatov?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stepan Verkhovensky find in his wanderings?
2. The first chapter of Part 3 is set the day after what?
3. What led to the release of the demons in Russia in the nineteenth century?
4. What does Stavrogin believe in?
5. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky wander into in the beginning of Chapter 7 of Part 3?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)