|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's reaction to the search of Peter's house?
(a) He is baffled.
(b) He is intimidated.
(c) He is determined to bring Peter to justice.
(d) He is worried.
2. What have Liputin and Fedka been doing at the Spigulin factory?
(a) Managing the workers.
(b) Fomenting discontent.
(c) Streamlining the work flow.
3. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky wander into in the beginning of Chapter 7 of Part 3?
(a) The 'real Russia.'
(b) An anarchists' camp.
(c) The Winter Palace in Moscow.
(d) A river.
4. What kind of speech does Stepan Verkhovensky give?
(a) A defense of high culture.
(b) A justification of revolutionary acts.
(c) An attack on materialism.
(d) A jeremiad against the people themselves.
5. What does Blum say about the search at Peter Verkhovensky's?
(a) Virginsky had testified that Peter was the leader of the radical group.
(b) It was a mistake.
(c) Shatov had tipped the police off.
(d) The police found what they were looking for.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cover do the fifteen people use for gathering at Virginsky's house?
2. Who does Peter blame for Mary and Captain Lebyatkin's murder?
3. What does Shatov have to do in order to leave the group of radicals peacefully?
4. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky set off for after the fête?
5. What does Stavrogin look for and not find in the final chapters?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)