|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has public opinion shifted on the eve of the fête?
(a) The people are now in favor of change.
(b) It is now against Mrs. Lembke.
(c) The agitators have succeeded in turning the crowds against the government.
(d) The workers are anxious to disrupt the fête.
2. For whom are the swine a metaphor in the story of Luke?
(a) Peter and his revolutionaries.
(b) Stavrogin and voluptuaries like him.
(c) Captain and Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Mrs. Lembke and her young radicals.
3. What cover do the fifteen people use for gathering at Virginsky's house?
(a) They are there to celebrate his birthday.
(b) They are there to help him move.
(c) They are there to celerate the birth of his son.
(d) They are there to help him through his illness.
4. What resonance does the story of the swine from Luke have with the novel?
(a) Dostoevsky appears to believe that Russia is possessed by demons.
(b) Dostoevsky appears to believe that lovers are possessed by demons.
(c) Dostoevsky appears to believe that educated people are possessed by demons.
(d) Dostoevsky appears to believe that revolutionaries are possessed by demons.
5. What does Stavrogin believe in?
(a) The value of ancient farming methods.
(b) The equality of slaves.
(c) The right of the aristocrats to rule.
(d) The governing potential of new industries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
2. The first chapter of Part 3 is set the day after what?
3. Who do the townspeople believe killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin?
4. What effect does the birth of Shatov's child have on him?
5. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)