|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Kirilov?
(c) He kills himself.
2. For whom are the swine a metaphor in the story of Luke?
(a) Peter and his revolutionaries.
(b) Mrs. Lembke and her young radicals.
(c) Stavrogin and voluptuaries like him.
(d) Captain and Mary Lebyatkin.
3. What reason does the narrator have for visiting Lembke?
(a) He wants to know why he is being searched.
(b) He wants to testify against Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) He wants to prevent Stepan Verkhovensky from doing anything silly.
(d) He wants to arrange to get out of the country.
4. What does Stepan Verkhovensky find in his wanderings?
(a) A good woman's love.
(b) Honest peasants.
(c) Alcoholism and despair.
5. How do the revolutionaries dispose of Shatov's body?
(a) They cut up his body and burn him.
(b) They throw him the river.
(c) They tie rocks to his feet and throw his body in the pond.
(d) They bury him in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stavrogin believe in?
2. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
3. Which one of these characters is NOT in Peter's secret group?
4. What does Virginsky say to the radicals after Shatov's wife gives birth?
5. Who do the townspeople believe killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)