|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these characters is NOT in Peter's secret group?
2. What is the overall message of The Possessed?
(a) Russia is in the hands of loving protectors like Stepan Verkhovensky.
(b) Conspiracy against the government is always fruitless.
(c) Russia is possessed with demons.
(d) Tyrannical monarchy will bring about its own downfall.
3. Who is attacked after the murder of Shatov?
4. Who alone knows the purpose of the meeting at Virginsky's house?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
5. What does Shatov ask Kirilov for after he discovers that his wife is pregnant?
(a) Money for a midwife.
(b) Help leaving town.
(c) Money for a divorce.
(d) He asks Kirilov to raise the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
2. Who does the chief of police begin to arrest?
3. Who kills Kirilov?
4. Who chases after Lisa when she leaves Stavrogin's house?
5. What does Dostoevsky seem to believe is the problem with Russia?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)