|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
(a) He asks for immunity if he testifies against Peter.
(b) He demands the name of the officer in charge.
(c) He asks for money as an inducement to help them.
(d) He asks for a more thorough search.
2. How has public opinion shifted on the eve of the fête?
(a) The agitators have succeeded in turning the crowds against the government.
(b) The workers are anxious to disrupt the fête.
(c) The people are now in favor of change.
(d) It is now against Mrs. Lembke.
3. Who kills Kirilov?
(b) He kills himself.
4. What does Lisa Tushin challenge Stavrogin to do?
(a) Get Lebyatkin to stop writing her letters.
(b) Murder Mary and Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Murder his mother.
5. When Stavrogin catches up with Peter, what does Peter suggest to him?
(a) That Lebyatkin plans to blackmail Stavrogin.
(b) That Shatov is plotting against him.
(c) That the flood in the mine was planned.
(d) That the police have been watching him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are workers from the Spigulin factory massing in the street?
2. Who does the chief of police begin to arrest?
3. What does Stepan Verkhovensky have to work up his courage to do?
4. How does Stepan Verkhovensky react to the search of Peter's house?
5. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)