|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blum say about the search at Peter Verkhovensky's?
(a) The police found what they were looking for.
(b) It was a mistake.
(c) Shatov had tipped the police off.
(d) Virginsky had testified that Peter was the leader of the radical group.
2. How has public opinion shifted on the eve of the fête?
(a) The workers are anxious to disrupt the fête.
(b) It is now against Mrs. Lembke.
(c) The people are now in favor of change.
(d) The agitators have succeeded in turning the crowds against the government.
3. Which one of these characters is NOT in Peter's secret group?
4. What is the narrator's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's reaction to the search of Peter's house?
(a) He is intimidated.
(b) He is baffled.
(c) He is determined to bring Peter to justice.
(d) He is worried.
5. Who alone knows the purpose of the meeting at Virginsky's house?
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up to talk with Shatov after Shatov's wife returns?
2. What does Stavrogin believe in?
3. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky wander into in the beginning of Chapter 7 of Part 3?
4. What is the overall message of The Possessed?
5. How does Stepan Verkhovensky react to the search of Peter's house?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)