|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chases after Lisa when she leaves Stavrogin's house?
2. Why is Peter intent on killing Shatov?
(a) Out of envy for Stepan's regard for Shatov.
(b) Out of love for Shatov's wife.
(c) Because Shatov knows too much about his plans.
(d) From an insult years ago.
3. Who kills Kirilov?
(c) He kills himself.
4. When Stavrogin catches up with Peter, what does Peter suggest to him?
(a) That Shatov is plotting against him.
(b) That the flood in the mine was planned.
(c) That Lebyatkin plans to blackmail Stavrogin.
(d) That the police have been watching him.
5. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
(a) They begin to riot.
(b) They are bored.
(c) They weep at the beauty of it.
(d) They sing Karminazov's praises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
2. What does Stavrogin believe in?
3. How long had Shatov's wife been gone before she returns?
4. What cover do the fifteen people use for gathering at Virginsky's house?
5. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky set off for after the fête?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)