|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the revolutionaries dispose of Shatov's body?
(a) They bury him in the woods.
(b) They throw him the river.
(c) They tie rocks to his feet and throw his body in the pond.
(d) They cut up his body and burn him.
2. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
(a) They begin to riot.
(b) They sing Karminazov's praises.
(c) They are bored.
(d) They weep at the beauty of it.
3. For whom are the swine a metaphor in the story of Luke?
(a) Captain and Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) Mrs. Lembke and her young radicals.
(c) Stavrogin and voluptuaries like him.
(d) Peter and his revolutionaries.
4. Why is Peter intent on killing Shatov?
(a) Out of envy for Stepan's regard for Shatov.
(b) From an insult years ago.
(c) Because Shatov knows too much about his plans.
(d) Out of love for Shatov's wife.
5. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
(a) A pastoral idyll.
(b) A call for revolution.
(c) A patriotic ode.
(d) An obscene farce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the birth of Shatov's child have on him?
2. How has public opinion shifted on the eve of the fête?
3. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky set off for after the fête?
4. What does Virginsky say to the radicals after Shatov's wife gives birth?
5. Why was it a mistake to charge a high price for the fête?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)