|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of speech does Stepan Verkhovensky give?
(a) An attack on materialism.
(b) A justification of revolutionary acts.
(c) A jeremiad against the people themselves.
(d) A defense of high culture.
2. What resonance does the story of the swine from Luke have with the novel?
(a) Dostoevsky appears to believe that lovers are possessed by demons.
(b) Dostoevsky appears to believe that Russia is possessed by demons.
(c) Dostoevsky appears to believe that revolutionaries are possessed by demons.
(d) Dostoevsky appears to believe that educated people are possessed by demons.
3. What does Shatov have to do in order to leave the group of radicals peacefully?
(a) Renounce his association with them publicly.
(b) Reveal the hiding place of the printing press.
(c) Leave town and leave his property to the radicals.
(d) Swear loyalty to the radicals' ideals.
4. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
(a) A call for revolution.
(b) A pastoral idyll.
(c) A patriotic ode.
(d) An obscene farce.
5. Who had a hand in manipulating Lisa to be with Stavrogin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Liputin and Fedka been doing at the Spigulin factory?
2. When Stavrogin catches up with Peter, what does Peter suggest to him?
3. What does Stepan Verkhovensky find in his wanderings?
4. Who kills Shatov?
5. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)