|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
(a) A pastoral idyll.
(b) An obscene farce.
(c) A call for revolution.
(d) A patriotic ode.
2. Why do the townspeople think the Lebyatkins were killed?
(a) To limit the radicals' liabilities.
(b) To free Stavrogin to have his affair with Lisa Tushin.
(c) To avenge their persecution of the aristocrats.
(d) To punish them for blackmailing the radical group.
3. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
(c) Julia Lembke.
(d) A mad professor.
4. What do the police take from Peter Verkhovensky's house?
(a) Papers and books.
(c) Radical anarchists.
5. Shatov is happy to see his wife in spite of what?
(a) Her disdain for him.
(b) Her illness.
(c) Her poverty.
(d) Her infidelity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of speech does Stepan Verkhovensky give?
2. What does Dostoevsky seem to believe is the problem with Russia?
3. What have Liputin and Fedka been doing at the Spigulin factory?
4. Why is Lisa Tushin killed?
5. What is the narrator's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's reaction to the search of Peter's house?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)