|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Russia's salvation seems to reside where, in Dostoevsky's opinion?
(a) In the monarchy.
(b) In the Church.
(c) In the radicals.
(d) In the peasants.
2. What do the police take from Peter Verkhovensky's house?
(a) Papers and books.
(c) Radical anarchists.
3. Who had a hand in manipulating Lisa to be with Stavrogin?
4. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky set off for after the fête?
(a) He is walking across Russia.
(b) He is taking the train to Moscow.
(c) He is taking the train to St. Petersburg.
(d) He is taking a coach back to Mrs. Stavrogin's.
5. What happens to the swine in the story from Luke?
(a) They drown after Jesus fills them with devils.
(b) They are killed and eaten after Jesus fills them with devils.
(c) They are disemboweled and scattered around the town after Jesus fills them with devils.
(d) They run wild and ruin the town after Jesus fills them with devils.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first chapter of Part 3 is set the day after what?
2. What reason does the narrator have for visiting Lembke?
3. What does Dostoevsky seem to believe is the problem with Russia?
4. Who does Peter blame for Mary and Captain Lebyatkin's murder?
5. Shatov is happy to see his wife in spite of what?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)