|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up to talk with Shatov after Shatov's wife returns?
2. Russia's salvation seems to reside where, in Dostoevsky's opinion?
(a) In the radicals.
(b) In the Church.
(c) In the peasants.
(d) In the monarchy.
3. What does Lisa overhear of Stavrogin's conversation with Peter?
(a) She hears that Stavrogin killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) She hears taht Peter killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) She hears that Fedka killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) She hears that Stavrogin knows who killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin.
4. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
(a) An obscene farce.
(b) A pastoral idyll.
(c) A patriotic ode.
(d) A call for revolution.
5. What is the real purpose of the gathering at Virginsky's house?
(a) A planning meeting for Mrs. Lembke's fête.
(b) Planning to overthrow the government.
(c) A literary club meeting.
(d) A radical political meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Virginsky say to the radicals after Shatov's wife gives birth?
2. What have Lisa and Stavrogin done as Chapter 3 of Part 3 begins?
3. Who is attacked after the murder of Shatov?
4. Why are workers from the Spigulin factory massing in the street?
5. Who chases after Lisa when she leaves Stavrogin's house?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)