|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first chapter of Part 3 is set the day after what?
(a) The factory riot.
(b) Shatov's wife returns.
(c) Peter Verkhvensky's house being searched.
(d) The meeting at Virginsky's.
2. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky wander into in the beginning of Chapter 7 of Part 3?
(a) The 'real Russia.'
(b) A river.
(c) An anarchists' camp.
(d) The Winter Palace in Moscow.
3. Where do Lisa and the man she meets rush off to after they meet?
(a) They go to Lembke's.
(b) They go to Shatov's.
(c) They go to Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(d) They go to see the people who were murdered.
4. Why is The Possessed an inaccurate transposition of the story of the swine in Luke?
(a) Russia's tumultuous revolution dwarfs the revolutionary action of the novel.
(b) The devils that haunt Russia are not as easy to cast out as Peter and his radicals.
(c) The devils reside in the human heart, and can never be cast out completely.
(d) The devils are more destructive in the story, and also more difficult to control.
5. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
(a) He demands the name of the officer in charge.
(b) He asks for a more thorough search.
(c) He asks for immunity if he testifies against Peter.
(d) He asks for money as an inducement to help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the birth of Shatov's child have on him?
2. Who chases after Lisa when she leaves Stavrogin's house?
3. How has public opinion shifted on the eve of the fête?
4. Why are workers from the Spigulin factory massing in the street?
5. Who carries out the raid on Peter's house?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)