|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shatov?
(a) A banker from Moscow.
(b) A local official.
(c) A local doctor.
(d) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
2. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
(a) Nicholas had redeemed her from prison.
(b) Nicholas had fought a duel over her.
(c) Nicholas seduced her in Moscow.
(d) Nicholas owed her brother money.
3. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is not respected.
(b) He is highly respected.
(c) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
(d) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He answers her with a question about her own plans.
(c) He says no.
(d) He answers yes.
5. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kirilov say to Gaganov the morning before the duel?
2. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
3. Why has Gaganov been insulting Stavrogin?
4. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
5. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Stepan at the inn?
2. What happens when Peter mentions that Stepan believes that Dasha has fallen into disrepute in Switzerland?
3. What do we know about the poem, A Noble Character?
4. What is Shigalyov's new plan of social organization?
5. How are Stavrogin and Lisa getting along the morning after the night they spent together?
6. What condition does Julia Lembke impose on invitations to the fête she is planning for the town?
7. What does Lisa find out about Captain Lebyatikin's sister?
8. What happens to Lisa after she hears about Stavrogin's role in Mary and the Captain's murder?
9. What is on the schedule for the fête, and what is Julia Lembke's position in town on the eve of the fête?
10. What is Peter planning with regard to Shatov?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)