|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
(a) She asks him to bring her son home.
(b) She asks him to marry Dasha.
(c) She asks him to tutor her son.
(d) She sends her Verkhovensky to get her son from prison.
2. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
(a) Divorce is still illegal.
(b) Lisa is already married to Mr. Drozdov.
(c) He doesn't have any money.
(d) He has lost his reputation.
3. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
(a) A cholera outbreak at a factory.
(b) An attack on a general's wife.
(c) The publication of a radical poem.
(d) A flood in a mine.
4. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
(a) To leave the house without his mother knowing.
(b) To convey his marriage proposal to Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) To pay off some of his debts.
(d) To steal money from his mother.
5. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
(a) She is becoming more reserved and conservative.
(b) She is becoming more utilitarian and modern.
(c) She is becoming more prophetic and visionary.
(d) She is becoming more fearful and reactionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
2. How many shots does each duelist get to take?
3. What does Stepan think about marriage?
4. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Stepan at the inn?
2. What does Peter tell us about Nicholas Stavrogin's relationship with Miss Lebyatkin?
3. How does Stepan Verhovensky feel about Verkhovensky's marriage to Dasha?
4. What does Mrs. Stavrogin find out about Nicholas' relationship with Mss Lebyatikin?
5. What is the relationship between Mr. Lembke and Peter Verkhovensky?
6. What is Peter's relationship with Stavrogin?
7. Describe Mrs. Stavrogin's relationship with Verkhovensky.
8. How would you characterize the opposition between Stepan and Peter?
9. How are Stavrogin and Lisa getting along the morning after the night they spent together?
10. What has Shatov's state of mind been like since the confrontation, during which he struck Stavrogin?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)