|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
(a) She asks him to marry Dasha.
(b) She sends her Verkhovensky to get her son from prison.
(c) She asks him to bring her son home.
(d) She asks him to tutor her son.
2. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
(a) Gaganov seriously wounds Stavrogin.
(b) Stavrogin is wounded on the finger.
(c) No injuries are inflicted.
(d) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
(a) He lives with her.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are enemies.
4. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
(a) He does not let politics interfere with his art.
(b) He is afraid of the government, but likes to be seen as liberal.
(c) He is an informant working with the government to clamp down on dissenters.
(d) He is rebellious and frequently in trouble with the law.
5. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
(a) She helps him deliberately, out of resentment of the rich.
(b) She allows them to proceed unwittingly, through her lack of sense.
(c) She gives him money, out of a sentimental desire to help the poor.
(d) She is swindled by Peter out of naivete.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
2. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
3. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
4. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
5. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injuries are inflicted during the duel?
2. What is Julia Lembke's relationship with the youth of her town?
3. What does Lisa find out about Captain Lebyatikin's sister?
4. Who dies as a result of Shatov's murder? Who is arrested?
5. Why does Lisa Tushin approach Shatov?
6. What is Shigalyov's new plan of social organization?
7. How many people end up involved in the conversation between Mrs. Stavrogin and Shatov at the beginning of Chapter 3 in Part I?
8. What does Mrs. Stavrogin find out about Nicholas' relationship with Mss Lebyatikin?
9. What does Peter tell us about why Nicholas Stavrogin treated Miss Lebyatkin the way he did?
10. What does Mrs. Stavrogin suggest as a result of her sense that she is getting older?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)