|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan's impression of the confrontation that took place at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) That Peter was out to assassinate people's characters.
(b) That Stavrogin needed to be taken down.
(c) That Mrs. Stavrogin had let her son have too much rein.
(d) That Peter had planned it all along.
2. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
(a) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(b) Stavrogin shoots closer to Gaganov, but still shoots in the air.
(c) Stavrogin shoots into the ground at his feet.
(d) Stavrogin hits Gaganov's second by mistake.
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) He lives with her.
(d) They are married.
4. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
5. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
(a) They are collecting money for the poor.
(b) They are dutifully enlisting for the military.
(c) They are running wild.
(d) They are wildly enthusiastic about the upcoming elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many paces separate the two duelists?
2. How many shots does each duelist get to take?
3. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
4. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
5. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin find out about Nicholas' relationship with Mss Lebyatikin?
2. What do Lisa Tushin and Kaptain Lebyatkin have in common?
3. What do people have to do to gain admission to the fête, and how are people finding money for the fête?
4. What does Peter tell us about Nicholas Stavrogin's relationship with Miss Lebyatkin?
5. How does the first chapter of Part I end?
6. What does Stavrogin tell Dasha after the duel?
7. How does Peter feel about Shigalyov's plan?
8. What stories and events are swirling in the aftermath of the confrontation that ended Part 1?
9. What is Gaganov's relationship with Stavrogin?
10. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's letter to Peter about Dasha?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)