|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter predicting in the time after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) That he will bomb a prominent government location.
(b) That Nicholas will kill Shatov.
(c) That he will incite riots and protests.
(d) That Nicholas will be killed.
2. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
(a) He has to stay home while the bone sets.
(b) He comes down with an illness.
(c) He needs surgery.
(d) He is unconscious for a week.
3. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
(b) The local constabulary.
(c) His mother.
(d) Shatov and Kirilov.
4. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(b) Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
5. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
2. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What does Stavrogin do when it is his turn to shoot?
4. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who dies as a result of Shatov's murder? Who is arrested?
2. Why does Lisa Tushin approach Shatov?
3. What has Shatov's state of mind been like since the confrontation, during which he struck Stavrogin?
4. What is Gaganov's relationship with Stavrogin?
5. What condition does Julia Lembke impose on invitations to the fête she is planning for the town?
6. What does Stavrogin tell Dasha after the duel?
7. How do we find out whether Peter intentionally circulated rumors about Dasha to instigate his father?
8. What effect do Julia Lembke's political activities have on Mr. Lembke?
9. How are Liputin, Shatov and Virginsky described when we meet them?
10. How does Peter feel about Shigalyov's plan?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)