|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
(a) That Shatov is married to Lary Lebyatkin.
(b) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's half-sister.
(c) That Stavrogin is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's sister.
2. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(b) They were in the military together.
(c) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(d) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
3. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(b) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
(c) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(d) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
4. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a deserter.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He is a brave soldier.
(d) He is a respected leader.
5. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
(a) Because he fought a duel.
(b) Because of insubordination.
(c) Because of his gambling debts.
(d) Because he stole from another officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Shatov's political views?
2. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
3. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
4. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
5. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter tell us about Nicholas Stavrogin's relationship with Miss Lebyatkin?
2. What story does Stepan, in his fever, think is representative of contemporary Russia?
3. What business does Peter conduct with Kirilov in the raining cold of the night?
4. What do Lisa Tushin and Kaptain Lebyatkin have in common?
5. What effect do Julia Lembke's political activities have on Mr. Lembke?
6. How does Peter feel about Shigalyov's plan?
7. Who is responsible for killing Mary and Captain Lebyatkin?
8. What is Shigalyov's new plan of social organization?
9. Describe Nicholas Stavrogin's status in Russian society.
10. What is the purpose of the gathering at Mr. Virginsky's house?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)