|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He quits the army.
(b) He keeps fighting duels.
(c) He works his way back to his rank.
(d) His gambling gets even worse.
2. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
(a) Liputin's encounters with Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky's studies.
(c) Nicholas Stavrogin's political opinions.
(d) Dasha's former engagements.
3. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
(a) An uprising.
(b) To leave for Moscow.
(c) To kill Shatov and Liputin.
(d) Marry Mary Lebyatkin.
4. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
(a) Propose to Lisa Tushin.
(b) Leave for Paris.
(c) Start an uprising.
(d) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
5. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
2. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
3. What is Peter predicting in the time after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
4. Who is Liputin?
5. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nicholas Stavrogin's status in Russian society.
2. What does Peter tell us about why Nicholas Stavrogin treated Miss Lebyatkin the way he did?
3. What plans does Peter seem to be making at the end of Part II, Chapter 4?
4. Where does Stepan go after he leaves Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
5. What does Stavrogin tell Dasha after the duel?
6. What leads up to Nicholas' confession that he is married to Mary?
7. What do we know about the poem, A Noble Character?
8. What is the relationship between Mr. Lembke and Peter Verkhovensky?
9. What happens to Stepan at the inn?
10. What does Karmazinov think about Russia?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)