|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin says it was because Nicholas is sentimental and stupid.
(b) Nicholas says it was because he was in love.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin says it was because her son was rebellious.
(d) Peter says it was because of the 'demon of irony' in him.
2. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(c) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
(d) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
3. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
(a) His sister, Shatov and Kirlov.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. What crime is Fedka implicated in?
5. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
(a) To leave for Moscow.
(b) To kill Shatov and Liputin.
(c) Marry Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) An uprising.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
2. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
3. For whom are the swine a metaphor in the story of Luke?
4. What last-minute effort does Stavrogin make to avert the duel?
5. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)