|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's feeling about the fête?
(a) She envies Mrs. Lembke.
(b) She is appalled that people would come for Mrs. Lembke.
(c) She is helping Mrs. Lembke.
(d) She is co-sponsoring the fête.
2. What is Shigalyov's plan for the new social organization?
(a) Abolish industrialism and return to farming.
(b) Eliminate the aristocracy.
(c) Enslave 90% of humanity.
(d) Liberate the peasants.
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He works his way back to his rank.
(b) His gambling gets even worse.
(c) He keeps fighting duels.
(d) He quits the army.
4. What would normally happen to youth who behave as these youth are behaving?
(a) They would be sent to Siberia.
(b) They would be rewarded with status in the church.
(c) They would work for the candidate who won.
(d) They would be sacrificed for the country in war.
5. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(b) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
(c) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(d) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
2. How many paces separate the two duelists?
3. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
4. Where is The Possessed set?
5. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)