|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Shatov's political views?
(a) He is a radical agitator.
(b) He is not invested in politics.
(c) He is extremely liberal.
(d) He is a staunch conservative.
2. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
(a) Stavrogin shoots into the ground at his feet.
(b) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(c) Stavrogin shoots closer to Gaganov, but still shoots in the air.
(d) Stavrogin hits Gaganov's second by mistake.
3. Which revolutionary dissociates himself from murder as a strategy?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
4. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
(a) He has to stay home while the bone sets.
(b) He needs surgery.
(c) He comes down with an illness.
(d) He is unconscious for a week.
5. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
(b) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(c) He is ironic and disbelieving.
(d) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shatov is happy to see his wife in spite of what?
2. Who is Liputin?
3. What last-minute effort does Stavrogin make to avert the duel?
4. How do the revolutionaries dispose of Shatov's body?
5. Who kills Shatov?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)