|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the narrator have for visiting Lembke?
(a) He wants to arrange to get out of the country.
(b) He wants to prevent Stepan Verkhovensky from doing anything silly.
(c) He wants to testify against Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) He wants to know why he is being searched.
2. What does Blum say about the search at Peter Verkhovensky's?
(a) It was a mistake.
(b) Shatov had tipped the police off.
(c) The police found what they were looking for.
(d) Virginsky had testified that Peter was the leader of the radical group.
3. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
(a) Divorce is still illegal.
(b) He doesn't have any money.
(c) Lisa is already married to Mr. Drozdov.
(d) He has lost his reputation.
4. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
(a) Because of insubordination.
(b) Because of his gambling debts.
(c) Because he stole from another officer.
(d) Because he fought a duel.
5. What is the real purpose of the gathering at Virginsky's house?
(a) A planning meeting for Mrs. Lembke's fête.
(b) A literary club meeting.
(c) A radical political meeting.
(d) Planning to overthrow the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
2. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's feeling about the fête?
3. What kind of speech does Stepan Verkhovensky give?
4. What is Peter Verkhovensky concerned about when he rushes out of Virginsky's house?
5. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)