|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) She accuses him of having seduced Dasha.
(b) She accuses him of stealing from her.
(c) She accuses him of conspiring against the government.
(d) She accuses him of being a dilettante and a fraud.
2. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
(a) Lisa Tushin.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Miss Lebyatkin.
3. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
(b) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
(c) The Captain spent it on drink.
(d) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
4. Who is attacked after the murder of Shatov?
5. Who is Liputin?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(b) A liberal official.
(c) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A local banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
2. How long had Shatov's wife been gone before she returns?
3. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
4. Why do the townspeople think the Lebyatkins were killed?
5. Where is The Possessed set?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)