|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's reaction to the search of Peter's house?
(a) He is intimidated.
(b) He is determined to bring Peter to justice.
(c) He is baffled.
(d) He is worried.
2. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
(a) Renaissance cathedrals.
(b) Spirituality in modern life.
(c) Modern agricultural techniques.
(d) The Sistine Madonna.
3. How has public opinion shifted on the eve of the fête?
(a) The people are now in favor of change.
(b) The agitators have succeeded in turning the crowds against the government.
(c) The workers are anxious to disrupt the fête.
(d) It is now against Mrs. Lembke.
4. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have become mortal enemies.
(b) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
(c) They have been estranged.
(d) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
5. What does Stepan Verkhovensky find in his wanderings?
(a) Alcoholism and despair.
(c) Honest peasants.
(d) A good woman's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
2. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
4. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
5. What does Shatov have to do in order to leave the group of radicals peacefully?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)