|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shatov?
(a) A local official.
(b) A banker from Moscow.
(c) A local doctor.
(d) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
2. What happens to the swine in the story from Luke?
(a) They run wild and ruin the town after Jesus fills them with devils.
(b) They drown after Jesus fills them with devils.
(c) They are killed and eaten after Jesus fills them with devils.
(d) They are disemboweled and scattered around the town after Jesus fills them with devils.
3. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
(b) Captain Lebyatkin and his sister.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Shatov and Nicholas Stavrogin.
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) His wife's pregnancy.
(b) His son's debts.
(c) His father's return.
(d) Marriage to Dasha.
5. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's feeling about the fête?
(a) She is co-sponsoring the fête.
(b) She envies Mrs. Lembke.
(c) She is helping Mrs. Lembke.
(d) She is appalled that people would come for Mrs. Lembke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stepan Verkhovensky have to work up his courage to do?
2. Who kills Kirilov?
3. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
4. Why is The Possessed an inaccurate transposition of the story of the swine in Luke?
5. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)