|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Julia Lembke.
(b) A mad professor.
2. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
(a) The Sistine Madonna.
(b) Modern agricultural techniques.
(c) Renaissance cathedrals.
(d) Spirituality in modern life.
3. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
(b) Captain Leybatkin.
4. What happens to the swine in the story from Luke?
(a) They drown after Jesus fills them with devils.
(b) They are killed and eaten after Jesus fills them with devils.
(c) They are disemboweled and scattered around the town after Jesus fills them with devils.
(d) They run wild and ruin the town after Jesus fills them with devils.
5. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(b) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
(c) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
(d) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
2. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
3. Who carries out the raid on Peter's house?
4. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
5. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)