|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Lembke?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin's lawyer.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin's brother-in-law.
(c) A judge in the district where Stavrogin dueled.
(d) A German member of the elite.
2. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her to send the money she owes him.
(c) He asks her for money.
(d) He asks her to work for him in his house.
3. What is the narrator's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's reaction to the search of Peter's house?
(a) He is intimidated.
(b) He is determined to bring Peter to justice.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He is baffled.
4. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
(b) Julia Lembke.
(d) A mad professor.
5. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) He wanted to help Peter's friends.
(b) He found his buffoonish behavior amusing.
(c) He was impressed by his opulence.
(d) He found his poverty heartbreaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What resonance does the story of the swine from Luke have with the novel?
2. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
3. Whose influence has Mr. Lembke come under?
4. Where is The Possessed set?
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)