|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He works his way back to his rank.
(b) His gambling gets even worse.
(c) He keeps fighting duels.
(d) He quits the army.
2. Who will be speaking at Mrs. Lembke's fête?
(c) Peter Verhovensky.
(d) Karmazinov and Stepan Verkhovensky.
3. How do the revolutionaries dispose of Shatov's body?
(a) They cut up his body and burn him.
(b) They tie rocks to his feet and throw his body in the pond.
(c) They throw him the river.
(d) They bury him in the woods.
4. What have Lisa and Stavrogin done as Chapter 3 of Part 3 begins?
(a) Burned the town.
(b) Run away to Moscow.
(c) Spent the night together.
(d) Stolen money from Mrs. Lembke.
5. How long had Shatov's wife been gone before she returns?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
2. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
3. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
4. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
5. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)