|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
(a) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(b) Stavrogin is wounded on the finger.
(c) No injuries are inflicted.
(d) Gaganov seriously wounds Stavrogin.
2. Who does the chief of police begin to arrest?
(a) The people who set fire to the hall.
(b) The people who bring alcohol into the fête.
(c) The people who complain about the lack of food.
(d) The people who disseminate radical literature.
3. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
(b) St. Petersburg.
4. What effect does the birth of Shatov's child have on him?
(a) It fills him with dread for the world's sufferings.
(b) It fills him with forgiveness for his wife's infidelity.
(c) It renews his commitment to revolutionary ideals.
(d) It renews his faith in God.
5. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
(a) He demands the name of the officer in charge.
(b) He asks for money as an inducement to help them.
(c) He asks for immunity if he testifies against Peter.
(d) He asks for a more thorough search.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are in Peter Verkhovensky's secret group of radicals?
2. Who will be speaking at Mrs. Lembke's fête?
3. When does Part II, Chapter 3 begin?
4. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
5. Who had a hand in manipulating Lisa to be with Stavrogin?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)