|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
(a) He warns him that his mother will want him to leave town.
(b) He warns him that members of the society might try to kill him.
(c) He warns him that his wife might not come home now.
(d) He warns him that he will be implicated in Peter's conspiracy.
2. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
(a) That Mrs. Lembke is an anarchist.
(b) That Mr. Lembke is having an affair.
(c) That Verkhovensky is a murderer.
(d) That Stavrogin is a government spy.
3. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
(b) They have become mortal enemies.
(c) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
(d) They have been estranged.
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He is an elected official.
(b) He is a local bureaucrat.
(c) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
(d) He is a social researcher.
5. What kind of speech does Stepan Verkhovensky give?
(a) An attack on materialism.
(b) A jeremiad against the people themselves.
(c) A justification of revolutionary acts.
(d) A defense of high culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it a mistake to charge a high price for the fête?
2. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
3. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
4. How many people are in Peter Verkhovensky's secret group of radicals?
5. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)