|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stepan Verkhovensky have to work up his courage to do?
(a) Flee to Germany.
(b) Ask Mrs. Stavrogin to marry him.
(c) Visit Lembke to find out why he is being searched.
(d) Publish his radical tract.
2. What does Blum say about the search at Peter Verkhovensky's?
(a) Shatov had tipped the police off.
(b) The police found what they were looking for.
(c) It was a mistake.
(d) Virginsky had testified that Peter was the leader of the radical group.
3. Whom does Lisa find after she leaves Stavrogin's?
4. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
(a) He is said to drink and beat his sister.
(b) He is said to have killed a man.
(c) He is said to gamble and corrupt young women.
(d) He is said to be honest and upstanding.
5. What are Mrs. Lembke's social aspirations?
(a) She wants to pass for an ordinary Russian.
(b) She wants to be accepted in the highest rank of society.
(c) She wants to be accepted into Mrs. Stavrogin's society.
(d) She wants to know Captain and Mary Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose influence has Mr. Lembke come under?
2. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
3. Where is The Possessed set?
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
5. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)