|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Lembke?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin's brother-in-law.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin's lawyer.
(c) A judge in the district where Stavrogin dueled.
(d) A German member of the elite.
2. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
(a) Shatov's father.
(b) Verkhovensky's father.
(c) Stavrogin's father.
(d) Verkhovensky's son.
3. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
(a) He seduces a general's wife.
(b) He kills himself and his fellow officers.
(c) He refuses to go to the Crimea with his regiment.
(d) He bites his general's ear.
4. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
(a) A pastoral idyll.
(b) A call for revolution.
(c) A patriotic ode.
(d) An obscene farce.
5. What does Virginsky say to the radicals after Shatov's wife gives birth?
(a) He tells them that they should put down their plans and celebrate with Shatov and his wife.
(b) He tells them that Shatov will never inform on them now.
(c) He tells them that Shatov is more committed to revolution now than ever before.
(d) He tells them that Shatov has renounced all his association with radical ideals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police take from Peter Verkhovensky's house?
2. What does Stepan think about marriage?
3. Shatov is happy to see his wife in spite of what?
4. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
5. Why does Lisa want to leave Stavrogin at the beginning of the Part 3, Chapter 3?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)