|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Lembke?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin's brother-in-law.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin's lawyer.
(c) A German member of the elite.
(d) A judge in the district where Stavrogin dueled.
2. How does Peter plan to instigate his father?
(a) He tries to seduce Dasha himself.
(b) He circulates rumors about Dasha.
(c) He tells Mrs. Stavrogin lies about his father.
(d) He tries to ruin Stavrogin's reputation.
3. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
(a) The Sistine Madonna.
(b) Modern agricultural techniques.
(c) Spirituality in modern life.
(d) Renaissance cathedrals.
4. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
(a) To kill Shatov and Liputin.
(b) Marry Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) To leave for Moscow.
(d) An uprising.
5. What happens to the swine in the story from Luke?
(a) They are killed and eaten after Jesus fills them with devils.
(b) They run wild and ruin the town after Jesus fills them with devils.
(c) They drown after Jesus fills them with devils.
(d) They are disemboweled and scattered around the town after Jesus fills them with devils.
Short Answer Questions
1. Russia's salvation seems to reside where, in Dostoevsky's opinion?
2. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
3. What does Virginsky say to the radicals after Shatov's wife gives birth?
4. Who is attacked after the murder of Shatov?
5. What does Dostoevsky seem to believe is the problem with Russia?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)