|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) Spreading rumors about what took place there.
(b) Defending Miss Lebyatkin's reputation.
(c) Plotting to kill Stavrogin.
(d) Defending Nicholas Stavrogin's reputation.
2. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
(a) Stavrogin shoots into the ground at his feet.
(b) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(c) Stavrogin shoots closer to Gaganov, but still shoots in the air.
(d) Stavrogin hits Gaganov's second by mistake.
3. Who is Shatov?
(a) A local official.
(b) A banker from Moscow.
(c) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A local doctor.
4. Who is Mrs. Lembke hosting in her salon?
(a) The local youth.
(b) The local elite.
(c) Visiting dignitaries.
(d) Local writers and artists.
5. Who does the chief of police begin to arrest?
(a) The people who set fire to the hall.
(b) The people who complain about the lack of food.
(c) The people who bring alcohol into the fête.
(d) The people who disseminate radical literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lisa Tushin killed?
2. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
3. Who do the townspeople believe killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin?
4. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
5. What is the real purpose of the gathering at Virginsky's house?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)