|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) He lives with her.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are enemies.
2. What do the police take from Peter Verkhovensky's house?
(a) Radical anarchists.
(b) Papers and books.
3. How does Peter plan to instigate his father?
(a) He tells Mrs. Stavrogin lies about his father.
(b) He tries to ruin Stavrogin's reputation.
(c) He tries to seduce Dasha himself.
(d) He circulates rumors about Dasha.
4. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a respected leader.
(b) He is a brave soldier.
(c) He is a bully.
(d) He is a deserter.
5. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
(a) She helps him deliberately, out of resentment of the rich.
(b) She is swindled by Peter out of naivete.
(c) She allows them to proceed unwittingly, through her lack of sense.
(d) She gives him money, out of a sentimental desire to help the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the narrator have for visiting Lembke?
2. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
3. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
4. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
5. Which one of these characters is NOT in Peter's secret group?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)