|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Liputin?
(a) A local banker.
(b) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(c) A liberal official.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
2. Who acts as Gaganov's second in the duel?
(c) Mr. Lemke.
(d) Mr. Drozdov.
3. What would normally happen to youth who behave as these youth are behaving?
(a) They would work for the candidate who won.
(b) They would be sacrificed for the country in war.
(c) They would be rewarded with status in the church.
(d) They would be sent to Siberia.
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Marriage to Dasha.
(b) His wife's pregnancy.
(c) His father's return.
(d) His son's debts.
5. What is Gaganov's response to Kirilov?
(a) He calls off the duel.
(b) He insults Kirilov and offered to duel with him as well.
(c) He refuses the offer of money.
(d) He refuses to accept the apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
2. How does Peter plan to instigate his father?
3. Who do the townspeople believe killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin?
4. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
5. In whose house is Peter spreading rumors in the days before the fête?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)