|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shatov have to do in order to leave the group of radicals peacefully?
(a) Swear loyalty to the radicals' ideals.
(b) Renounce his association with them publicly.
(c) Reveal the hiding place of the printing press.
(d) Leave town and leave his property to the radicals.
2. Why has Gaganov been insulting Stavrogin?
(a) Stavrogin has corrupted Gaganov's sister.
(b) Stavrogin has insulted Gaganov's father years ago.
(c) Stavrogin has seduced Gaganov's wife.
(d) Gaganov has a temperamental hostility to Stavrogin.
3. Whom does Lisa find after she leaves Stavrogin's?
4. Who does the chief of police begin to arrest?
(a) The people who complain about the lack of food.
(b) The people who set fire to the hall.
(c) The people who bring alcohol into the fête.
(d) The people who disseminate radical literature.
5. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
(a) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to convey messages to Gaganov's daughter.
(b) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to be his second.
(c) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to distract Gaganov.
(d) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to plant incriminating evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mrs. Lembke's social aspirations?
2. What does Stavrogin do when it is his turn to shoot?
3. What reason does the narrator have for visiting Lembke?
4. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
5. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)