|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are in Peter Verkhovensky's secret group of radicals?
2. Who is Kirilov?
(a) A friend of Shatov's and Mrs. Stavrogin's neighbor.
(b) A local official and former political prisoner.
(c) A friend of Peter Verkhovensky and Nicholas Stavrogin's.
(d) A political agitator from Moscow.
3. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
(c) A mad professor.
(d) Julia Lembke.
4. Why are workers from the Spigulin factory massing in the street?
(a) They are organizing themselves for the new, post-revolutionary society.
(b) They are enjoying their day off.
(c) They are demanding the release of political prisoners.
(d) They are petitioning for the governor to intervene in a payment dispute.
5. What does Lisa Tushin challenge Stavrogin to do?
(a) Murder Mary and Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Get Lebyatkin to stop writing her letters.
(d) Murder his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
2. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
3. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
4. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)