|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) He found his buffoonish behavior amusing.
(b) He found his poverty heartbreaking.
(c) He was impressed by his opulence.
(d) He wanted to help Peter's friends.
2. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
(b) They have been estranged.
(c) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
(d) They have become mortal enemies.
3. Which one of these characters is NOT in Peter's secret group?
4. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
(d) Captain Leybatkin.
5. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Lisa, Miss Lebyatkin and Verkhovensky, Shatov, and the narrator.
(b) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Virginsky and Dasha.
(c) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Nicholas Stavrogin and Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) With a declaration of love between Mrs. Stavrogin and Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter plan to instigate his father?
2. What does Lisa overhear of Stavrogin's conversation with Peter?
3. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
4. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
5. Where does Stepan Verkhovensky set off for after the fête?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)