|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is on the stage when Karminazov goes to speak?
(b) Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) Stepan Verkhovensky.
2. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
(a) Peter says it was because of the 'demon of irony' in him.
(b) Nicholas says it was because he was in love.
(c) Captain Lebyatkin says it was because Nicholas is sentimental and stupid.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin says it was because her son was rebellious.
3. Whom does Lisa find after she leaves Stavrogin's?
4. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
(a) Leave for Paris.
(b) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Start an uprising.
(d) Propose to Lisa Tushin.
5. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He misses being married.
(b) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(c) He thinks it will corrupt him.
(d) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
2. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
3. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
4. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
5. What is Gaganov's response to Kirilov?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)