|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Lembke hosting in her salon?
(a) Visiting dignitaries.
(b) The local elite.
(c) The local youth.
(d) Local writers and artists.
2. Who is on the stage when Karminazov goes to speak?
(c) Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Stepan Verkhovensky.
3. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) Defending Nicholas Stavrogin's reputation.
(b) Defending Miss Lebyatkin's reputation.
(c) Plotting to kill Stavrogin.
(d) Spreading rumors about what took place there.
4. Why does Lisa want to leave Stavrogin at the beginning of the Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) She wanted to report his murder to the police.
(b) Stavrogin told her he didn't love her.
(c) Stavrogin confessed to killing Mary.
(d) They have begun to quarrel.
5. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
(b) The local constabulary.
(c) His mother.
(d) Shatov and Kirilov.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
2. What had some poor people done to prepare for the fête?
3. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
4. What does Stavrogin believe in?
5. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)