|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chases after Lisa when she leaves Stavrogin's house?
2. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
(a) Guests must volunteer to subvert the rich.
(b) Guests must pledge loyalty to the Czar.
(c) Guests must purchase a subscription to her new literary magazine.
(d) Guests must read a radical essay by Peter Verkhovensky.
3. How does Stepan Verkhovensky react to the search of Peter's house?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He resists the search with force.
(c) He helps the police.
(d) He hides in a closet.
4. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's feeling about the fête?
(a) She is helping Mrs. Lembke.
(b) She is co-sponsoring the fête.
(c) She envies Mrs. Lembke.
(d) She is appalled that people would come for Mrs. Lembke.
5. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
(a) The Sistine Madonna.
(b) Renaissance cathedrals.
(c) Modern agricultural techniques.
(d) Spirituality in modern life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
3. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
4. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
5. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)