|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kirilov?
(a) A friend of Peter Verkhovensky and Nicholas Stavrogin's.
(b) A local official and former political prisoner.
(c) A political agitator from Moscow.
(d) A friend of Shatov's and Mrs. Stavrogin's neighbor.
2. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
(a) From Liputin and a friend of Peter's.
(b) From Dasha and Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) From Lebyatkin.
(d) From Shatov.
3. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
(a) No injuries are inflicted.
(b) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(c) Gaganov seriously wounds Stavrogin.
(d) Stavrogin is wounded on the finger.
4. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
(b) The Captain spent it on drink.
(c) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
(d) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
5. What are Mrs. Lembke's social aspirations?
(a) She wants to be accepted into Mrs. Stavrogin's society.
(b) She wants to pass for an ordinary Russian.
(c) She wants to be accepted in the highest rank of society.
(d) She wants to know Captain and Mary Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
2. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
3. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
4. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
5. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)