|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
(a) He has lost his reputation.
(b) Divorce is still illegal.
(c) Lisa is already married to Mr. Drozdov.
(d) He doesn't have any money.
2. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
(a) He demands the name of the officer in charge.
(b) He asks for immunity if he testifies against Peter.
(c) He asks for money as an inducement to help them.
(d) He asks for a more thorough search.
3. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
(a) The Sistine Madonna.
(b) Spirituality in modern life.
(c) Renaissance cathedrals.
(d) Modern agricultural techniques.
4. Who do the townspeople believe killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin?
5. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
(a) Guests must volunteer to subvert the rich.
(b) Guests must purchase a subscription to her new literary magazine.
(c) Guests must read a radical essay by Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Guests must pledge loyalty to the Czar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
2. Which one of these characters is NOT in Peter's secret group?
3. What does Lisa overhear of Stavrogin's conversation with Peter?
4. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
5. Why is Lisa Tushin killed?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)