|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
(a) That Mr. Lembke is having an affair.
(b) That Verkhovensky is a murderer.
(c) That Mrs. Lembke is an anarchist.
(d) That Stavrogin is a government spy.
2. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
(a) He has to stay home while the bone sets.
(b) He needs surgery.
(c) He comes down with an illness.
(d) He is unconscious for a week.
3. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
(b) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
(d) Whether he has fought a duel.
4. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
(a) A flood in a mine.
(b) An attack on a general's wife.
(c) A cholera outbreak at a factory.
(d) The publication of a radical poem.
5. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
(a) Guests must purchase a subscription to her new literary magazine.
(b) Guests must pledge loyalty to the Czar.
(c) Guests must volunteer to subvert the rich.
(d) Guests must read a radical essay by Peter Verkhovensky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
2. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
3. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
4. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
5. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)