|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
(a) They are married.
(b) He lives with her.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are lovers.
2. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
(a) He has to stay home while the bone sets.
(b) He needs surgery.
(c) He comes down with an illness.
(d) He is unconscious for a week.
3. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
(b) Captain Leybatkin.
4. Why is Lisa Tushin killed?
(a) The townspeople blame her for the murder of Captain and Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) She is killed accidentally when her carriage turns over.
(c) The police convict her of the murder of Captain and Mary Lebyatkin and execute her.
(d) She is killed by the radicals, who want to get to Stavrogin.
5. How many paces separate the two duelists?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
2. What does Stavrogin do when it is his turn to shoot?
3. Who had a hand in manipulating Lisa to be with Stavrogin?
4. What is Peter Verkhovensky concerned about when he rushes out of Virginsky's house?
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)