|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
(b) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
2. What is the narrator's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's reaction to the search of Peter's house?
(a) He is worried.
(b) He is baffled.
(c) He is determined to bring Peter to justice.
(d) He is intimidated.
3. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
(a) He believes that the students protestors are going to overthrow the government.
(b) He believes that man is eternally confounded by a split in his nature.
(c) He believes that a man-god will preach happiness.
(d) He believes that man can only be known by his actions, not by his spirit.
4. When Stavrogin catches up with Peter, what does Peter suggest to him?
(a) That the flood in the mine was planned.
(b) That Shatov is plotting against him.
(c) That Lebyatkin plans to blackmail Stavrogin.
(d) That the police have been watching him.
5. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
(b) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
(c) They have been estranged.
(d) They have become mortal enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
2. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
3. Who is Mr. Lembke?
4. What reason does the narrator have for visiting Lembke?
5. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)