|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
(b) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(c) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(d) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
2. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
(b) He thought she was an angel.
(c) He fell in love with her.
(d) He took no notice of her.
3. Who is on the stage when Karminazov goes to speak?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) Stepan Verkhovensky.
4. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Lisa Tushin.
(b) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
(c) Nicholas and Dasha.
5. What does Kirilov say to Gaganov the morning before the duel?
(a) He insults Gaganov.
(b) He offers Gaganov money to call off the duel.
(c) He repeats Stavrogin's apology.
(d) He threatens to alert the authorities about the duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the chief of police begin to arrest?
2. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
3. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
4. Who is Shatov?
5. What have Liputin and Fedka been doing at the Spigulin factory?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)