|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first chapter of Part 3 is set the day after what?
(a) The meeting at Virginsky's.
(b) Shatov's wife returns.
(c) The factory riot.
(d) Peter Verkhvensky's house being searched.
2. What have Liputin and Fedka been doing at the Spigulin factory?
(a) Fomenting discontent.
(b) Managing the workers.
(c) Streamlining the work flow.
3. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
(a) They are wildly enthusiastic about the upcoming elections.
(b) They are running wild.
(c) They are dutifully enlisting for the military.
(d) They are collecting money for the poor.
4. What is Gaganov's response to Kirilov?
(a) He insults Kirilov and offered to duel with him as well.
(b) He calls off the duel.
(c) He refuses the offer of money.
(d) He refuses to accept the apology.
5. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) The local constabulary.
(b) Shatov and Kirilov.
(c) His mother.
(d) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Lisa and Stavrogin done as Chapter 3 of Part 3 begins?
2. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
3. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
4. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
5. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)