|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
(a) He bites his general's ear.
(b) He seduces a general's wife.
(c) He refuses to go to the Crimea with his regiment.
(d) He kills himself and his fellow officers.
2. Whom does Lisa find after she leaves Stavrogin's?
3. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) They were in the military together.
(b) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(c) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(d) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
4. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
(c) Captain Leybatkin.
5. What is Peter Verkhovensky concerned about when he rushes out of Virginsky's house?
(a) An arrest warrant that has been issued for him.
(b) Getting his manuscript to the press in time for printing.
(c) A raid that is planned for his house.
(d) A letter that might expose the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many paces separate the two duelists?
2. What does Stepan think about marriage?
3. What reason does the narrator have for visiting Lembke?
4. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
5. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)