|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a respected leader.
(b) He is a deserter.
(c) He is a brave soldier.
(d) He is a bully.
2. What reason does the narrator have for visiting Lembke?
(a) He wants to testify against Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) He wants to arrange to get out of the country.
(c) He wants to prevent Stepan Verkhovensky from doing anything silly.
(d) He wants to know why he is being searched.
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
(a) He says no.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He answers her with a question about her own plans.
(d) He answers yes.
4. Who does Peter blame for Mary and Captain Lebyatkin's murder?
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) His father's return.
(b) Marriage to Dasha.
(c) His son's debts.
(d) His wife's pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime is Fedka implicated in?
2. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
3. Why has Gaganov been insulting Stavrogin?
4. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
5. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)