|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
(a) Gaganov's father had been an enemy of Stavrogin's father's.
(b) Gaganov had threatened to take Mary Lebyatkin away from Stavrogin.
(c) Gaganov had been insulting Stavrogin.
(d) Gaganov had threatened to evict Mrs. Stavrogin from her estate.
2. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
(a) He refuses to go to the Crimea with his regiment.
(b) He bites his general's ear.
(c) He kills himself and his fellow officers.
(d) He seduces a general's wife.
3. Who chases after Lisa when she leaves Stavrogin's house?
4. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's feeling about the fête?
(a) She is appalled that people would come for Mrs. Lembke.
(b) She envies Mrs. Lembke.
(c) She is helping Mrs. Lembke.
(d) She is co-sponsoring the fête.
5. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
(b) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
(c) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
(d) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
2. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
4. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
5. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)