|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shatov?
(a) A local doctor.
(b) A banker from Moscow.
(c) A local official.
(d) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
2. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Nicholas and Dasha.
(c) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
(d) Lisa Tushin.
3. Why has Gaganov been insulting Stavrogin?
(a) Stavrogin has insulted Gaganov's father years ago.
(b) Stavrogin has corrupted Gaganov's sister.
(c) Gaganov has a temperamental hostility to Stavrogin.
(d) Stavrogin has seduced Gaganov's wife.
4. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
(a) She asks him to marry Dasha.
(b) She asks him to bring her son home.
(c) She asks him to tutor her son.
(d) She sends her Verkhovensky to get her son from prison.
5. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
(a) She gives him money, out of a sentimental desire to help the poor.
(b) She allows them to proceed unwittingly, through her lack of sense.
(c) She helps him deliberately, out of resentment of the rich.
(d) She is swindled by Peter out of naivete.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Liputin?
2. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
3. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
4. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
5. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)