|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
(a) She hopes they are rewarded for their devotion.
(b) She hopes they are punished for their violence.
(c) She hopes to rehabilitate them.
(d) She hopes they succeed in their anarchistic plans.
2. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Nicholas and Dasha.
(b) Lisa Tushin.
(c) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
3. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
(a) In their family's estate.
(b) With Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) With Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) On the streets.
4. Why do the townspeople think the Lebyatkins were killed?
(a) To limit the radicals' liabilities.
(b) To free Stavrogin to have his affair with Lisa Tushin.
(c) To avenge their persecution of the aristocrats.
(d) To punish them for blackmailing the radical group.
5. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he has fought a duel.
(b) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
(d) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
2. What does Stepan Verkhovensky have to work up his courage to do?
3. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
4. What is Gaganov's response to Kirilov?
5. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)