|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
(a) That Stavrogin is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) That Shatov is married to Lary Lebyatkin.
(c) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's half-sister.
(d) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's sister.
2. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
(b) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
(c) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(d) Finding a job for her son.
3. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
(a) Leave for Paris.
(b) Start an uprising.
(c) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Propose to Lisa Tushin.
4. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
(a) Nicholas owed her brother money.
(b) Nicholas had fought a duel over her.
(c) Nicholas had redeemed her from prison.
(d) Nicholas seduced her in Moscow.
5. What do the police take from Peter Verkhovensky's house?
(b) Papers and books.
(c) Radical anarchists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
2. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
3. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
4. Why is Lisa Tushin killed?
5. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)