|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
(a) Nicholas had fought a duel over her.
(b) Nicholas seduced her in Moscow.
(c) Nicholas owed her brother money.
(d) Nicholas had redeemed her from prison.
2. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
(a) She is becoming more fearful and reactionary.
(b) She is becoming more reserved and conservative.
(c) She is becoming more prophetic and visionary.
(d) She is becoming more utilitarian and modern.
3. When does Part II, Chapter 3 begin?
(a) The day after the duel between Stavrogin and Gaganov.
(b) The day of the duel between Stavrogin and Gaganov.
(c) The day of the uprising.
(d) A week after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house.
4. How does Stepan Verkhovensky react to the search of Peter's house?
(a) He hides in a closet.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He helps the police.
(d) He resists the search with force.
5. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
2. What are Shatov's political views?
3. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
4. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
5. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)