|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
(a) He thought she was better than anyone he knew.
(b) He thought she was a tease.
(c) He thought she was secretly malicious.
(d) He thought she was unredeemably lost.
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) His gambling gets even worse.
(b) He works his way back to his rank.
(c) He quits the army.
(d) He keeps fighting duels.
3. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
(a) He prayed.
(b) He hid himself.
(c) He hired bodyguards.
(d) He bought a revolver.
4. What is Peter Verkhovensky concerned about when he rushes out of Virginsky's house?
(a) An arrest warrant that has been issued for him.
(b) A raid that is planned for his house.
(c) A letter that might expose the group.
(d) Getting his manuscript to the press in time for printing.
5. What does Stavrogin do when it is his turn to shoot?
(a) Shoots in the air.
(b) Hits Gaganov's finger.
(c) Shoots Gaganov in the eye.
(d) Aims for Gaganov's heart but misses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
2. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
3. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
4. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
5. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)