|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of speech does Stepan Verkhovensky give?
(a) A justification of revolutionary acts.
(b) A jeremiad against the people themselves.
(c) An attack on materialism.
(d) A defense of high culture.
2. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky and Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) Stepan Verkhovensky and Lisa Tushin.
(c) Mary Lebyatkin and Mrs. Drozdov.
(d) Shatov and Liputin.
3. Who is Virginsky?
(a) A professor at the university.
(b) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(c) A radical agitator.
(d) A local official.
4. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
(a) They are bored.
(b) They weep at the beauty of it.
(c) They begin to riot.
(d) They sing Karminazov's praises.
5. Why do the townspeople think the Lebyatkins were killed?
(a) To avenge their persecution of the aristocrats.
(b) To punish them for blackmailing the radical group.
(c) To free Stavrogin to have his affair with Lisa Tushin.
(d) To limit the radicals' liabilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
2. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
3. What have Liputin and Fedka been doing at the Spigulin factory?
4. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
5. Who is Liputin?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)