|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
(a) He warns him that his mother will want him to leave town.
(b) He warns him that he will be implicated in Peter's conspiracy.
(c) He warns him that members of the society might try to kill him.
(d) He warns him that his wife might not come home now.
2. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Peter's insults.
(b) Stepan's radical views.
(c) Stepan's unconscionable behavior.
(d) Peter's antics about Dasha.
3. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
4. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
(a) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(b) Stavrogin is wounded on the finger.
(c) No injuries are inflicted.
(d) Gaganov seriously wounds Stavrogin.
5. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
(a) He demands the name of the officer in charge.
(b) He asks for a more thorough search.
(c) He asks for immunity if he testifies against Peter.
(d) He asks for money as an inducement to help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Liputin?
2. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
3. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
4. Who does Peter leave Virginsky's house to meet?
5. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)