|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Stepan's unconscionable behavior.
(b) Peter's insults.
(c) Peter's antics about Dasha.
(d) Stepan's radical views.
2. What crime is Fedka implicated in?
3. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
(a) She asks him to marry Dasha.
(b) She asks him to tutor her son.
(c) She asks him to bring her son home.
(d) She sends her Verkhovensky to get her son from prison.
4. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
(a) She is becoming more prophetic and visionary.
(b) She is becoming more reserved and conservative.
(c) She is becoming more utilitarian and modern.
(d) She is becoming more fearful and reactionary.
5. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
(a) She helps him deliberately, out of resentment of the rich.
(b) She is swindled by Peter out of naivete.
(c) She gives him money, out of a sentimental desire to help the poor.
(d) She allows them to proceed unwittingly, through her lack of sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
2. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
3. Why are workers from the Spigulin factory massing in the street?
4. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
5. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)