|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gaganov's response to Kirilov?
(a) He refuses to accept the apology.
(b) He calls off the duel.
(c) He insults Kirilov and offered to duel with him as well.
(d) He refuses the offer of money.
2. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
(a) He demands the name of the officer in charge.
(b) He asks for immunity if he testifies against Peter.
(c) He asks for a more thorough search.
(d) He asks for money as an inducement to help them.
3. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a deserter.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He is a respected leader.
(d) He is a brave soldier.
4. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Peter's insults.
(b) Stepan's unconscionable behavior.
(c) Peter's antics about Dasha.
(d) Stepan's radical views.
5. Who carries out the raid on Peter's house?
(b) Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Mr. Blum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police take from Peter Verkhovensky's house?
2. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
3. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
4. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
5. Which one of these characters is NOT in Peter's secret group?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)