|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who alone knows the purpose of the meeting at Virginsky's house?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
2. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
(a) He is said to have killed a man.
(b) He is said to gamble and corrupt young women.
(c) He is said to drink and beat his sister.
(d) He is said to be honest and upstanding.
3. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(b) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(c) They were in the military together.
(d) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
4. Who acts as Gaganov's second in the duel?
(b) Mr. Drozdov.
(d) Mr. Lemke.
5. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) She accuses him of being a dilettante and a fraud.
(b) She accuses him of having seduced Dasha.
(c) She accuses him of stealing from her.
(d) She accuses him of conspiring against the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
2. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
3. Why are workers from the Spigulin factory massing in the street?
4. How many people are in Peter Verkhovensky's secret group of radicals?
5. What does Lisa Tushin challenge Stavrogin to do?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)