|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kirilov?
(a) A political agitator from Moscow.
(b) A friend of Shatov's and Mrs. Stavrogin's neighbor.
(c) A local official and former political prisoner.
(d) A friend of Peter Verkhovensky and Nicholas Stavrogin's.
2. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) Shatov and Kirilov.
(b) His mother.
(c) The local constabulary.
(d) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
3. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
(a) Start an uprising.
(b) Leave for Paris.
(c) Propose to Lisa Tushin.
(d) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
4. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Stepan's radical views.
(b) Peter's antics about Dasha.
(c) Stepan's unconscionable behavior.
(d) Peter's insults.
5. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
(a) They are both young.
(b) They are both artists.
(c) They are both conseratives.
(d) They are both liberals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blum say about the search at Peter Verkhovensky's?
2. What does Stavrogin believe in?
3. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
4. Who is Liputin?
5. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)