|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Shatov's political views?
(a) He is not invested in politics.
(b) He is a staunch conservative.
(c) He is a radical agitator.
(d) He is extremely liberal.
2. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
(a) He hid himself.
(b) He hired bodyguards.
(c) He bought a revolver.
(d) He prayed.
3. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(b) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
(c) He is ironic and disbelieving.
(d) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
4. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
(a) They are both artists.
(b) They are both young.
(c) They are both liberals.
(d) They are both conseratives.
5. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
(a) He thought she was secretly malicious.
(b) He thought she was a tease.
(c) He thought she was unredeemably lost.
(d) He thought she was better than anyone he knew.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stavrogin catches up with Peter, what does Peter suggest to him?
2. Who is Kirilov?
3. How does Stepan Verkhovensky react to the search of Peter's house?
4. In whose house is Peter spreading rumors in the days before the fête?
5. What does Kirilov say to Gaganov the morning before the duel?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)