|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Lembke hosting in her salon?
(a) The local youth.
(b) The local elite.
(c) Visiting dignitaries.
(d) Local writers and artists.
2. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
(a) She allows them to proceed unwittingly, through her lack of sense.
(b) She gives him money, out of a sentimental desire to help the poor.
(c) She is swindled by Peter out of naivete.
(d) She helps him deliberately, out of resentment of the rich.
3. Whose influence has Mr. Lembke come under?
(a) His wife's.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky's.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(d) His son's.
4. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) Defending Nicholas Stavrogin's reputation.
(b) Spreading rumors about what took place there.
(c) Plotting to kill Stavrogin.
(d) Defending Miss Lebyatkin's reputation.
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) His gambling gets even worse.
(b) He keeps fighting duels.
(c) He quits the army.
(d) He works his way back to his rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime is Fedka implicated in?
2. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
3. What is Peter Verkhovensky concerned about when he rushes out of Virginsky's house?
4. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
5. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)