|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
(a) Guests must read a radical essay by Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Guests must pledge loyalty to the Czar.
(c) Guests must volunteer to subvert the rich.
(d) Guests must purchase a subscription to her new literary magazine.
2. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
(b) Captain Leybatkin.
3. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
(a) Gaganov had threatened to evict Mrs. Stavrogin from her estate.
(b) Gaganov's father had been an enemy of Stavrogin's father's.
(c) Gaganov had been insulting Stavrogin.
(d) Gaganov had threatened to take Mary Lebyatkin away from Stavrogin.
4. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
(a) She is becoming more fearful and reactionary.
(b) She is becoming more reserved and conservative.
(c) She is becoming more prophetic and visionary.
(d) She is becoming more utilitarian and modern.
5. Who is Kirilov?
(a) A friend of Peter Verkhovensky and Nicholas Stavrogin's.
(b) A local official and former political prisoner.
(c) A friend of Shatov's and Mrs. Stavrogin's neighbor.
(d) A political agitator from Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
2. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
3. What is Peter Verkhovensky concerned about when he rushes out of Virginsky's house?
4. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
5. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)