|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
(a) He was a lawyer before becoming a politician.
(b) He was a novelist before he became a lawyer.
(c) He was a soldier before entering the government.
(d) He wrote a novel that was rejected by a magazine.
2. Who is Mr. Lembke?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin's lawyer.
(b) A judge in the district where Stavrogin dueled.
(c) A German member of the elite.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin's brother-in-law.
3. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
(a) Dasha's former engagements.
(b) Nicholas Stavrogin's political opinions.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky's studies.
(d) Liputin's encounters with Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
(a) Verkhovensky's son.
(b) Stavrogin's father.
(c) Verkhovensky's father.
(d) Shatov's father.
5. What are Mrs. Lembke's social aspirations?
(a) She wants to be accepted in the highest rank of society.
(b) She wants to pass for an ordinary Russian.
(c) She wants to know Captain and Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) She wants to be accepted into Mrs. Stavrogin's society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
2. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
3. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
4. What crime is Fedka implicated in?
5. When does Part II, Chapter 3 begin?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)