|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He is a social researcher.
(b) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
(c) He is an elected official.
(d) He is a local bureaucrat.
2. What does Stavrogin believe in?
(a) The equality of slaves.
(b) The right of the aristocrats to rule.
(c) The value of ancient farming methods.
(d) The governing potential of new industries.
3. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(b) Finding a job for her son.
(c) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
(d) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
4. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
(a) Shatov and Nicholas Stavrogin.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin and his sister.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
5. How many shots does each duelist get to take?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
2. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
4. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
5. What have Liputin and Fedka been doing at the Spigulin factory?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)