|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Nicholas and Dasha.
(c) Lisa Tushin.
(d) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
2. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
(a) With Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) In their family's estate.
(c) On the streets.
(d) With Peter Verkhovensky.
3. What does Kirilov say to Gaganov the morning before the duel?
(a) He offers Gaganov money to call off the duel.
(b) He insults Gaganov.
(c) He threatens to alert the authorities about the duel.
(d) He repeats Stavrogin's apology.
4. What last-minute effort does Stavrogin make to avert the duel?
(a) He offers to leave the country.
(b) He threatens to kill Gaganov's entire family.
(c) He apologizes once again.
(d) He offers even more money.
5. What is Gaganov's response to Kirilov?
(a) He refuses to accept the apology.
(b) He insults Kirilov and offered to duel with him as well.
(c) He refuses the offer of money.
(d) He calls off the duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
2. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
3. Why are workers from the Spigulin factory massing in the street?
4. Who is Virginsky?
5. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)