|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
(b) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(c) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(d) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
2. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
(a) He is said to gamble and corrupt young women.
(b) He is said to drink and beat his sister.
(c) He is said to have killed a man.
(d) He is said to be honest and upstanding.
3. What are Mrs. Lembke's social aspirations?
(a) She wants to be accepted into Mrs. Stavrogin's society.
(b) She wants to be accepted in the highest rank of society.
(c) She wants to know Captain and Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) She wants to pass for an ordinary Russian.
4. Which one of these characters is NOT in Peter's secret group?
5. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
(a) He asks for immunity if he testifies against Peter.
(b) He demands the name of the officer in charge.
(c) He asks for a more thorough search.
(d) He asks for money as an inducement to help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lisa Tushin?
2. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
4. How does Stepan Verkhovensky react to the search of Peter's house?
5. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)