|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan's impression of the confrontation that took place at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) That Mrs. Stavrogin had let her son have too much rein.
(b) That Peter had planned it all along.
(c) That Stavrogin needed to be taken down.
(d) That Peter was out to assassinate people's characters.
2. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With a declaration of love between Mrs. Stavrogin and Lebyatkin.
(b) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Nicholas Stavrogin and Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Lisa, Miss Lebyatkin and Verkhovensky, Shatov, and the narrator.
(d) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Virginsky and Dasha.
3. Whose influence has Mr. Lembke come under?
(a) His son's.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) Peter Verkhovensky's.
4. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
(a) He has to stay home while the bone sets.
(b) He is unconscious for a week.
(c) He needs surgery.
(d) He comes down with an illness.
5. What cover do the fifteen people use for gathering at Virginsky's house?
(a) They are there to help him move.
(b) They are there to help him through his illness.
(c) They are there to celerate the birth of his son.
(d) They are there to celebrate his birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
2. What does Stepan think about marriage?
3. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
4. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
5. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)