|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would normally happen to youth who behave as these youth are behaving?
(a) They would work for the candidate who won.
(b) They would be rewarded with status in the church.
(c) They would be sacrificed for the country in war.
(d) They would be sent to Siberia.
2. How does Stepan Verkhovensky react to the search of Peter's house?
(a) He hides in a closet.
(b) He resists the search with force.
(c) He helps the police.
(d) He runs away.
3. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
(a) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's half-sister.
(b) That Shatov is married to Lary Lebyatkin.
(c) That Stavrogin is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's sister.
4. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
(b) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
(c) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(d) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
5. Mrs. Lembke bestows her favors in spite of what?
(a) The degeneration of the youths' behavior.
(b) Her ignorance of all diplomatic matters.
(c) The jokes the local writers make at her expense.
(d) The insults she receives from the local elite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
2. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
3. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
4. Who is Mr. Lembke?
5. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)