|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Peter's insults.
(b) Stepan's radical views.
(c) Peter's antics about Dasha.
(d) Stepan's unconscionable behavior.
2. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
(a) They are wildly enthusiastic about the upcoming elections.
(b) They are collecting money for the poor.
(c) They are running wild.
(d) They are dutifully enlisting for the military.
3. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
(a) He is unconscious for a week.
(b) He has to stay home while the bone sets.
(c) He comes down with an illness.
(d) He needs surgery.
4. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He fell in love with her.
(b) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
(c) He took no notice of her.
(d) He thought she was an angel.
5. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
(a) That Stavrogin is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) That Shatov is married to Lary Lebyatkin.
(c) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's half-sister.
(d) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
2. What does Kirilov say to Gaganov the morning before the duel?
3. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
4. What are Shatov's political views?
5. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)