|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Part II, Chapter 3 begin?
(a) A week after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house.
(b) The day of the duel between Stavrogin and Gaganov.
(c) The day of the uprising.
(d) The day after the duel between Stavrogin and Gaganov.
2. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(b) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
(c) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
(d) He is ironic and disbelieving.
3. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
(a) He wrote a novel that was rejected by a magazine.
(b) He was a lawyer before becoming a politician.
(c) He was a soldier before entering the government.
(d) He was a novelist before he became a lawyer.
4. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have been estranged.
(b) They have become mortal enemies.
(c) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
(d) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
5. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
(a) That Stavrogin is a government spy.
(b) That Verkhovensky is a murderer.
(c) That Mrs. Lembke is an anarchist.
(d) That Mr. Lembke is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Virginsky?
2. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
3. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
4. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
5. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)