|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
(a) He answers yes.
(b) He answers her with a question about her own plans.
(c) He says no.
(d) He does not answer.
2. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) She accuses him of stealing from her.
(b) She accuses him of having seduced Dasha.
(c) She accuses him of conspiring against the government.
(d) She accuses him of being a dilettante and a fraud.
3. What crime is Fedka implicated in?
4. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to find her a husband.
(b) She wants him to lend her money.
(c) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(d) She wants him to join a business venture.
5. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it will corrupt him.
(b) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(c) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(d) He misses being married.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
2. What does Stepan Verkhovensky have to work up his courage to do?
3. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
4. How does Peter plan to instigate his father?
5. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)