|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
(a) He warns him that he will be implicated in Peter's conspiracy.
(b) He warns him that members of the society might try to kill him.
(c) He warns him that his wife might not come home now.
(d) He warns him that his mother will want him to leave town.
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He works his way back to his rank.
(b) His gambling gets even worse.
(c) He quits the army.
(d) He keeps fighting duels.
3. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
4. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
(a) Shatov's father.
(b) Stavrogin's father.
(c) Verkhovensky's son.
(d) Verkhovensky's father.
5. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
(a) He was a novelist before he became a lawyer.
(b) He wrote a novel that was rejected by a magazine.
(c) He was a lawyer before becoming a politician.
(d) He was a soldier before entering the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blum say about the search at Peter Verkhovensky's?
2. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
3. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
4. Who is Kirilov?
5. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)