|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Liputin?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(b) A liberal official.
(c) A local banker.
(d) A student of Verkhovensky's.
2. What are Mrs. Lembke's social aspirations?
(a) She wants to pass for an ordinary Russian.
(b) She wants to know Captain and Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) She wants to be accepted in the highest rank of society.
(d) She wants to be accepted into Mrs. Stavrogin's society.
3. Who will be speaking at Mrs. Lembke's fête?
(b) Peter Verhovensky.
(d) Karmazinov and Stepan Verkhovensky.
4. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
(a) Stavrogin hits Gaganov's second by mistake.
(b) Stavrogin shoots closer to Gaganov, but still shoots in the air.
(c) Stavrogin shoots into the ground at his feet.
(d) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
5. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
(b) He thought she was an angel.
(c) He took no notice of her.
(d) He fell in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
2. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
4. Who is Mr. Lembke?
5. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)