|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
(b) He is ironic and disbelieving.
(c) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(d) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
2. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
(a) He bites his general's ear.
(b) He seduces a general's wife.
(c) He kills himself and his fellow officers.
(d) He refuses to go to the Crimea with his regiment.
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He keeps fighting duels.
(b) He quits the army.
(c) His gambling gets even worse.
(d) He works his way back to his rank.
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
(b) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
(c) In a duel.
(d) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
5. In whose house is Peter spreading rumors in the days before the fête?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin's.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
2. What is the narrator's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's reaction to the search of Peter's house?
3. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
4. What cover do the fifteen people use for gathering at Virginsky's house?
5. Who alone knows the purpose of the meeting at Virginsky's house?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)