|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
(a) Start an uprising.
(b) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Leave for Paris.
(d) Propose to Lisa Tushin.
2. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(b) He misses being married.
(c) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(d) He thinks it will corrupt him.
3. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
(a) He is unconscious for a week.
(b) He has to stay home while the bone sets.
(c) He needs surgery.
(d) He comes down with an illness.
4. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
(b) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
(c) The Captain spent it on drink.
(d) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
5. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
(a) He was a soldier before entering the government.
(b) He was a lawyer before becoming a politician.
(c) He was a novelist before he became a lawyer.
(d) He wrote a novel that was rejected by a magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
2. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
3. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
4. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
5. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)