|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
(a) He believes that man can only be known by his actions, not by his spirit.
(b) He believes that man is eternally confounded by a split in his nature.
(c) He believes that the students protestors are going to overthrow the government.
(d) He believes that a man-god will preach happiness.
2. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Peter's antics about Dasha.
(b) Peter's insults.
(c) Stepan's unconscionable behavior.
(d) Stepan's radical views.
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
(b) In a duel.
(c) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
(d) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
4. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
(a) Nicholas Stavrogin.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Peter Verkhovensky.
5. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
(a) Gaganov had been insulting Stavrogin.
(b) Gaganov had threatened to take Mary Lebyatkin away from Stavrogin.
(c) Gaganov's father had been an enemy of Stavrogin's father's.
(d) Gaganov had threatened to evict Mrs. Stavrogin from her estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
2. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
3. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
4. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
5. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)