|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
(a) Dasha's former engagements.
(b) Liputin's encounters with Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky's studies.
(d) Nicholas Stavrogin's political opinions.
2. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
(a) Shatov's father.
(b) Verkhovensky's son.
(c) Stavrogin's father.
(d) Verkhovensky's father.
3. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have been estranged.
(b) They have become mortal enemies.
(c) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
(d) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
4. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
(a) From Shatov.
(b) From Lebyatkin.
(c) From Dasha and Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) From Liputin and a friend of Peter's.
5. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to join a business venture.
(b) She wants him to lend her money.
(c) She wants him to find her a husband.
(d) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
2. Mrs. Lembke bestows her favors in spite of what?
3. What are Mrs. Lembke's social aspirations?
4. How many shots does each duelist get to take?
5. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)