|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shatov?
(a) A local doctor.
(b) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
(c) A local official.
(d) A banker from Moscow.
2. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to find her a husband.
(b) She wants him to lend her money.
(c) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(d) She wants him to join a business venture.
3. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
(a) She is swindled by Peter out of naivete.
(b) She gives him money, out of a sentimental desire to help the poor.
(c) She allows them to proceed unwittingly, through her lack of sense.
(d) She helps him deliberately, out of resentment of the rich.
4. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
(a) An attack on a general's wife.
(b) The publication of a radical poem.
(c) A cholera outbreak at a factory.
(d) A flood in a mine.
5. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
(a) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin asked him if he thought Nicholas was mad.
(b) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had tried to arrange for Nicholas to marry Dasha.
(c) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just paid all her son's gambling debts.
(d) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just been diagnosed with a fatal illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
2. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
3. What would normally happen to youth who behave as these youth are behaving?
4. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
5. Who is Lisa Tushin?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)