|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
(a) He hid himself.
(b) He bought a revolver.
(c) He prayed.
(d) He hired bodyguards.
2. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
(b) The Captain spent it on drink.
(c) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
(d) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
3. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
(a) He refuses to go to the Crimea with his regiment.
(b) He kills himself and his fellow officers.
(c) He seduces a general's wife.
(d) He bites his general's ear.
4. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a respected leader.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He is a brave soldier.
(d) He is a deserter.
5. In whose house is Peter spreading rumors in the days before the fête?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
2. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
3. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
4. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
5. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)