|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
(b) He thought she was an angel.
(c) He took no notice of her.
(d) He fell in love with her.
2. How many shots does each duelist get to take?
3. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Nicholas and Dasha.
(b) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
(d) Lisa Tushin.
4. What last-minute effort does Stavrogin make to avert the duel?
(a) He apologizes once again.
(b) He threatens to kill Gaganov's entire family.
(c) He offers even more money.
(d) He offers to leave the country.
5. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(b) He misses being married.
(c) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(d) He thinks it will corrupt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
2. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
3. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
4. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
5. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)