|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
(a) Gaganov seriously wounds Stavrogin.
(b) No injuries are inflicted.
(c) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(d) Stavrogin is wounded on the finger.
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
(b) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
(c) In a duel.
(d) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
3. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In St. Petersburg.
(c) In Novgorod.
(d) In the Russian provinces.
4. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) Captain Lebyatkin and his sister.
(d) Shatov and Nicholas Stavrogin.
5. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
(b) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
(c) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
(d) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Lembke bestows her favors in spite of what?
2. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
3. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
4. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
5. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)