|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) He can return any time he likes.
(b) She will give him a little money.
(c) She will still pay him an allowance.
(d) She will not give him anything.
2. When does Part II, Chapter 3 begin?
(a) A week after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house.
(b) The day of the uprising.
(c) The day after the duel between Stavrogin and Gaganov.
(d) The day of the duel between Stavrogin and Gaganov.
3. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
(a) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to plant incriminating evidence.
(b) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to be his second.
(c) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to distract Gaganov.
(d) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to convey messages to Gaganov's daughter.
4. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
(a) To pay off some of his debts.
(b) To convey his marriage proposal to Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) To steal money from his mother.
(d) To leave the house without his mother knowing.
5. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
(a) That Verkhovensky is a murderer.
(b) That Mrs. Lembke is an anarchist.
(c) That Mr. Lembke is having an affair.
(d) That Stavrogin is a government spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Gaganov been insulting Stavrogin?
2. What does Kirilov say to Gaganov the morning before the duel?
3. Who is Mr. Lembke?
4. What are Shatov's political views?
5. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)