|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
(a) He prayed.
(b) He bought a revolver.
(c) He hid himself.
(d) He hired bodyguards.
2. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
(a) That Nicholas is disreputable.
(b) That Nicholas is dying.
(c) That Nicholas is mad.
(d) That Nicholas is a radical agitator.
3. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
(a) She hopes they succeed in their anarchistic plans.
(b) She hopes to rehabilitate them.
(c) She hopes they are punished for their violence.
(d) She hopes they are rewarded for their devotion.
4. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
(b) He is ironic and disbelieving.
(c) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
(d) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
5. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
(a) She is becoming more utilitarian and modern.
(b) She is becoming more fearful and reactionary.
(c) She is becoming more reserved and conservative.
(d) She is becoming more prophetic and visionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
2. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
3. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
4. In whose house is Peter spreading rumors in the days before the fête?
5. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)