|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
(a) He doesn't have any money.
(b) He has lost his reputation.
(c) Lisa is already married to Mr. Drozdov.
(d) Divorce is still illegal.
2. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
(a) She is becoming more utilitarian and modern.
(b) She is becoming more fearful and reactionary.
(c) She is becoming more reserved and conservative.
(d) She is becoming more prophetic and visionary.
3. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Lisa, Miss Lebyatkin and Verkhovensky, Shatov, and the narrator.
(b) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Nicholas Stavrogin and Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Virginsky and Dasha.
(d) With a declaration of love between Mrs. Stavrogin and Lebyatkin.
4. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
(a) She loves Stavrogin.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is leaving with Captain Lebyatkin.
5. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(b) He misses being married.
(c) He thinks it will corrupt him.
(d) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
3. Who is Liputin?
4. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
5. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)