|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
(a) He believes that man can only be known by his actions, not by his spirit.
(b) He believes that the students protestors are going to overthrow the government.
(c) He believes that a man-god will preach happiness.
(d) He believes that man is eternally confounded by a split in his nature.
2. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
(a) He doesn't have any money.
(b) He has lost his reputation.
(c) Divorce is still illegal.
(d) Lisa is already married to Mr. Drozdov.
3. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin.
4. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
5. How many shots does each duelist get to take?
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
2. Who acts as Gaganov's second in the duel?
3. What are Shatov's political views?
4. What does Stavrogin do when it is his turn to shoot?
5. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)