|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(b) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
(c) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(d) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
2. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
(a) He was a lawyer before becoming a politician.
(b) He wrote a novel that was rejected by a magazine.
(c) He was a novelist before he became a lawyer.
(d) He was a soldier before entering the government.
3. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her for money.
(c) He asks her to send the money she owes him.
(d) He asks her to work for him in his house.
4. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(c) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(d) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
5. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to find her a husband.
(b) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(c) She wants him to lend her money.
(d) She wants him to join a business venture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Liputin?
2. What is Peter predicting in the time after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
3. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
4. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
5. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)