|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a respected leader.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He is a brave soldier.
(d) He is a deserter.
2. Who is Virginsky?
(a) A professor at the university.
(b) A radical agitator.
(c) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A local official.
3. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) She accuses him of being a dilettante and a fraud.
(b) She accuses him of having seduced Dasha.
(c) She accuses him of conspiring against the government.
(d) She accuses him of stealing from her.
4. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
(a) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just paid all her son's gambling debts.
(b) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just been diagnosed with a fatal illness.
(c) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin asked him if he thought Nicholas was mad.
(d) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had tried to arrange for Nicholas to marry Dasha.
5. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have become mortal enemies.
(b) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
(c) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
(d) They have been estranged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
2. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
3. What are Shatov's political views?
4. Who is Mrs. Lembke hosting in her salon?
5. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)