|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he has fought a duel.
(b) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
(d) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
2. What is Stepan's impression of the confrontation that took place at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) That Stavrogin needed to be taken down.
(b) That Mrs. Stavrogin had let her son have too much rein.
(c) That Peter was out to assassinate people's characters.
(d) That Peter had planned it all along.
3. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
(b) His mother.
(c) Shatov and Kirilov.
(d) The local constabulary.
4. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
(a) Divorce is still illegal.
(b) He doesn't have any money.
(c) He has lost his reputation.
(d) Lisa is already married to Mr. Drozdov.
5. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
(a) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just been diagnosed with a fatal illness.
(b) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just paid all her son's gambling debts.
(c) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had tried to arrange for Nicholas to marry Dasha.
(d) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin asked him if he thought Nicholas was mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
2. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
3. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
4. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
5. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)