|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who acts as Gaganov's second in the duel?
(b) Mr. Drozdov.
(d) Mr. Lemke.
2. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is leaving with Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) She loves Stavrogin.
3. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
(a) She allows them to proceed unwittingly, through her lack of sense.
(b) She is swindled by Peter out of naivete.
(c) She helps him deliberately, out of resentment of the rich.
(d) She gives him money, out of a sentimental desire to help the poor.
4. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
(a) That Mrs. Lembke is an anarchist.
(b) That Stavrogin is a government spy.
(c) That Verkhovensky is a murderer.
(d) That Mr. Lembke is having an affair.
5. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In Novgorod.
(b) In the Russian provinces.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) In St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
2. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
3. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
4. What last-minute effort does Stavrogin make to avert the duel?
5. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)