|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
(a) He prayed.
(b) He hired bodyguards.
(c) He bought a revolver.
(d) He hid himself.
2. Who is Liputin?
(a) A liberal official.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(c) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A local banker.
3. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
(a) He believes that a man-god will preach happiness.
(b) He believes that man can only be known by his actions, not by his spirit.
(c) He believes that the students protestors are going to overthrow the government.
(d) He believes that man is eternally confounded by a split in his nature.
4. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
(b) Whether he has fought a duel.
(c) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
(d) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
5. What are Shatov's political views?
(a) He is a radical agitator.
(b) He is a staunch conservative.
(c) He is not invested in politics.
(d) He is extremely liberal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
2. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
3. Who is Shatov?
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
5. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)