|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
(b) He is an elected official.
(c) He is a local bureaucrat.
(d) He is a social researcher.
2. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) Mary Lebyatkin.
3. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
(a) They are dutifully enlisting for the military.
(b) They are wildly enthusiastic about the upcoming elections.
(c) They are collecting money for the poor.
(d) They are running wild.
4. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) She accuses him of having seduced Dasha.
(b) She accuses him of being a dilettante and a fraud.
(c) She accuses him of stealing from her.
(d) She accuses him of conspiring against the government.
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are married.
(d) He lives with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many paces separate the two duelists?
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
3. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
4. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
5. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)