|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Lembke befriend?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Stepan Verkhovensky.
2. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
(b) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
(c) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
(d) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
3. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
(b) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
(c) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
(d) The Captain spent it on drink.
4. How does Peter plan to instigate his father?
(a) He tries to seduce Dasha himself.
(b) He tells Mrs. Stavrogin lies about his father.
(c) He tries to ruin Stavrogin's reputation.
(d) He circulates rumors about Dasha.
5. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
(a) To leave for Moscow.
(b) An uprising.
(c) To kill Shatov and Liputin.
(d) Marry Mary Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
2. Why has Gaganov been insulting Stavrogin?
3. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
4. Who is Liputin?
5. What would normally happen to youth who behave as these youth are behaving?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)