|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He took no notice of her.
(b) He fell in love with her.
(c) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
(d) He thought she was an angel.
2. Whom does Mrs. Lembke befriend?
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Stepan Verkhovensky.
3. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
(b) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(c) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(d) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
4. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
(a) He is said to drink and beat his sister.
(b) He is said to be honest and upstanding.
(c) He is said to gamble and corrupt young women.
(d) He is said to have killed a man.
5. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
(a) He needs surgery.
(b) He is unconscious for a week.
(c) He has to stay home while the bone sets.
(d) He comes down with an illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
2. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
3. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
4. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
5. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)