|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
(a) They are wildly enthusiastic about the upcoming elections.
(b) They are collecting money for the poor.
(c) They are dutifully enlisting for the military.
(d) They are running wild.
2. When does Part II, Chapter 3 begin?
(a) The day of the uprising.
(b) The day of the duel between Stavrogin and Gaganov.
(c) The day after the duel between Stavrogin and Gaganov.
(d) A week after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house.
3. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Captain Lebyatkin.
4. Who is Shatov?
(a) A banker from Moscow.
(b) A local official.
(c) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A local doctor.
5. What is Gaganov's response to Kirilov?
(a) He calls off the duel.
(b) He refuses the offer of money.
(c) He refuses to accept the apology.
(d) He insults Kirilov and offered to duel with him as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
2. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
3. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
4. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
5. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)