|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
(a) She is leaving with Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She loves Stavrogin.
(d) She is dying.
2. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
(a) Lisa is already married to Mr. Drozdov.
(b) He has lost his reputation.
(c) He doesn't have any money.
(d) Divorce is still illegal.
3. What is Stepan's impression of the confrontation that took place at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) That Peter was out to assassinate people's characters.
(b) That Mrs. Stavrogin had let her son have too much rein.
(c) That Peter had planned it all along.
(d) That Stavrogin needed to be taken down.
4. How many shots does each duelist get to take?
5. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is not respected.
(b) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
(c) He is highly respected.
(d) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
2. Who is Mr. Lembke?
3. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
4. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
5. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)