|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) She will give him a little money.
(b) She will not give him anything.
(c) She will still pay him an allowance.
(d) He can return any time he likes.
2. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
(a) She is becoming more utilitarian and modern.
(b) She is becoming more prophetic and visionary.
(c) She is becoming more fearful and reactionary.
(d) She is becoming more reserved and conservative.
3. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
(a) Guests must read a radical essay by Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Guests must purchase a subscription to her new literary magazine.
(c) Guests must volunteer to subvert the rich.
(d) Guests must pledge loyalty to the Czar.
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
(b) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
(c) In a duel.
(d) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
5. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(b) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(c) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(d) They were in the military together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 5 begin?
2. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
3. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
4. What would normally happen to youth who behave as these youth are behaving?
5. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)