|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
(b) He is ironic and disbelieving.
(c) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(d) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
2. Who is Virginsky?
(a) A radical agitator.
(b) A professor at the university.
(c) A local official.
(d) A student of Verkhovensky's.
3. Why has Gaganov been insulting Stavrogin?
(a) Gaganov has a temperamental hostility to Stavrogin.
(b) Stavrogin has insulted Gaganov's father years ago.
(c) Stavrogin has corrupted Gaganov's sister.
(d) Stavrogin has seduced Gaganov's wife.
4. Whose influence has Mr. Lembke come under?
(a) His wife's.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(c) His son's.
(d) Peter Verkhovensky's.
5. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) He can return any time he likes.
(b) She will still pay him an allowance.
(c) She will not give him anything.
(d) She will give him a little money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
2. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
5. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)