|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
(b) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
(d) Whether he has fought a duel.
2. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Peter's insults.
(b) Peter's antics about Dasha.
(c) Stepan's unconscionable behavior.
(d) Stepan's radical views.
3. What is Stepan's impression of the confrontation that took place at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) That Stavrogin needed to be taken down.
(b) That Mrs. Stavrogin had let her son have too much rein.
(c) That Peter had planned it all along.
(d) That Peter was out to assassinate people's characters.
4. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
(b) He is not respected.
(c) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
(d) He is highly respected.
5. Whom does Mrs. Lembke befriend?
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Stepan Verkhovensky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
2. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
3. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
4. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
5. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)