|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
(a) To steal money from his mother.
(b) To convey his marriage proposal to Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) To leave the house without his mother knowing.
(d) To pay off some of his debts.
2. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
(b) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
(c) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(d) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
3. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) Shatov and Kirilov.
(b) The local constabulary.
(c) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
(d) His mother.
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He keeps fighting duels.
(b) He works his way back to his rank.
(c) He quits the army.
(d) His gambling gets even worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
2. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
3. How many paces separate the two duelists?
4. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
5. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)