|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
(a) To steal money from his mother.
(b) To convey his marriage proposal to Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) To leave the house without his mother knowing.
(d) To pay off some of his debts.
2. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
(b) Whether he has fought a duel.
(c) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
3. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
(a) An uprising.
(b) Marry Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) To kill Shatov and Liputin.
(d) To leave for Moscow.
4. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin says it was because her son was rebellious.
(b) Nicholas says it was because he was in love.
(c) Peter says it was because of the 'demon of irony' in him.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin says it was because Nicholas is sentimental and stupid.
5. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(c) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
(d) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
2. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
3. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
4. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
5. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)