|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Liputin?
(a) A local banker.
(b) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(d) A liberal official.
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He keeps fighting duels.
(b) He works his way back to his rank.
(c) His gambling gets even worse.
(d) He quits the army.
3. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
(b) Finding a job for her son.
(c) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(d) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
4. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Lisa Tushin.
(c) Nicholas and Dasha.
(d) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
5. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
(a) He has lost his reputation.
(b) Lisa is already married to Mr. Drozdov.
(c) He doesn't have any money.
(d) Divorce is still illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
3. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
4. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
5. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)