|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) Spreading rumors about what took place there.
(b) Plotting to kill Stavrogin.
(c) Defending Nicholas Stavrogin's reputation.
(d) Defending Miss Lebyatkin's reputation.
2. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
(a) They are afraid of his temper.
(b) They are impressed with his wealth.
(c) They mock him for his pretentiousness.
(d) They admire his charisma.
3. What is Peter predicting in the time after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) That he will incite riots and protests.
(b) That he will bomb a prominent government location.
(c) That Nicholas will be killed.
(d) That Nicholas will kill Shatov.
4. What does Kirilov say to Gaganov the morning before the duel?
(a) He repeats Stavrogin's apology.
(b) He insults Gaganov.
(c) He threatens to alert the authorities about the duel.
(d) He offers Gaganov money to call off the duel.
5. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
(a) Leave for Paris.
(b) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Propose to Lisa Tushin.
(d) Start an uprising.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
3. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
4. Who is Virginsky?
5. Who is Kirilov?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)