|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stavrogin do when it is his turn to shoot?
(a) Shoots in the air.
(b) Shoots Gaganov in the eye.
(c) Hits Gaganov's finger.
(d) Aims for Gaganov's heart but misses.
2. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
(a) To steal money from his mother.
(b) To convey his marriage proposal to Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) To pay off some of his debts.
(d) To leave the house without his mother knowing.
3. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In St. Petersburg.
(b) In the Russian provinces.
(c) In Novgorod.
(d) In Moscow.
4. What are Mrs. Lembke's social aspirations?
(a) She wants to pass for an ordinary Russian.
(b) She wants to be accepted into Mrs. Stavrogin's society.
(c) She wants to be accepted in the highest rank of society.
(d) She wants to know Captain and Mary Lebyatkin.
5. Who is Mr. Lembke?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin's lawyer.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin's brother-in-law.
(c) A judge in the district where Stavrogin dueled.
(d) A German member of the elite.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
2. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
3. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
5. Who is Shatov?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)