|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
(b) He is an elected official.
(c) He is a local bureaucrat.
(d) He is a social researcher.
2. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) His sister, Shatov and Kirlov.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He keeps fighting duels.
(b) His gambling gets even worse.
(c) He works his way back to his rank.
(d) He quits the army.
4. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
(a) Gaganov's father had been an enemy of Stavrogin's father's.
(b) Gaganov had threatened to take Mary Lebyatkin away from Stavrogin.
(c) Gaganov had been insulting Stavrogin.
(d) Gaganov had threatened to evict Mrs. Stavrogin from her estate.
5. Who is Shatov?
(a) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
(b) A local doctor.
(c) A banker from Moscow.
(d) A local official.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
2. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
3. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
4. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
5. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)