|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Part II, Chapter 3 begin?
(a) The day of the duel between Stavrogin and Gaganov.
(b) A week after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house.
(c) The day after the duel between Stavrogin and Gaganov.
(d) The day of the uprising.
2. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
(b) The Captain spent it on drink.
(c) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
(d) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
3. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(b) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
(c) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(d) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
4. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Miss Lebyatkin.
(c) Lisa Tushin.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin.
5. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(b) A seamstress.
(c) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(d) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
2. Whom does Mrs. Lembke befriend?
3. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
4. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
5. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)