|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) He lives with her.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are lovers.
2. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
(a) Gaganov had threatened to take Mary Lebyatkin away from Stavrogin.
(b) Gaganov had threatened to evict Mrs. Stavrogin from her estate.
(c) Gaganov's father had been an enemy of Stavrogin's father's.
(d) Gaganov had been insulting Stavrogin.
3. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(b) They were in the military together.
(c) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(d) It is not clear what their relationship was.
4. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
(a) To steal money from his mother.
(b) To leave the house without his mother knowing.
(c) To convey his marriage proposal to Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) To pay off some of his debts.
5. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
(a) With Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) On the streets.
(c) With Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) In their family's estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
2. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
3. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
4. Who is Virginsky?
5. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)