|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
(a) He believes that the students protestors are going to overthrow the government.
(b) He believes that man is eternally confounded by a split in his nature.
(c) He believes that a man-god will preach happiness.
(d) He believes that man can only be known by his actions, not by his spirit.
2. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
(b) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
(c) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(d) He is ironic and disbelieving.
3. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
(a) Miss Lebyatkin.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Lisa Tushin.
4. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
(b) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(c) Finding a job for her son.
(d) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
5. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
(a) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's sister.
(b) That Shatov is married to Lary Lebyatkin.
(c) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's half-sister.
(d) That Stavrogin is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
2. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
3. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
4. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
5. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)