|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Gaganov been insulting Stavrogin?
(a) Gaganov has a temperamental hostility to Stavrogin.
(b) Stavrogin has seduced Gaganov's wife.
(c) Stavrogin has insulted Gaganov's father years ago.
(d) Stavrogin has corrupted Gaganov's sister.
2. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
(a) He believes that man can only be known by his actions, not by his spirit.
(b) He believes that a man-god will preach happiness.
(c) He believes that the students protestors are going to overthrow the government.
(d) He believes that man is eternally confounded by a split in his nature.
3. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
(a) He bought a revolver.
(b) He hid himself.
(c) He hired bodyguards.
(d) He prayed.
4. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(b) Finding a job for her son.
(c) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
(d) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He is a local bureaucrat.
(b) He is an elected official.
(c) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
(d) He is a social researcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
2. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
3. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
4. Where is The Possessed set?
5. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)