|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
(a) He comes down with an illness.
(b) He needs surgery.
(c) He is unconscious for a week.
(d) He has to stay home while the bone sets.
2. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
(a) Stavrogin shoots closer to Gaganov, but still shoots in the air.
(b) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(c) Stavrogin shoots into the ground at his feet.
(d) Stavrogin hits Gaganov's second by mistake.
3. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
(a) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin asked him if he thought Nicholas was mad.
(b) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just been diagnosed with a fatal illness.
(c) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just paid all her son's gambling debts.
(d) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had tried to arrange for Nicholas to marry Dasha.
4. What are Shatov's political views?
(a) He is not invested in politics.
(b) He is a radical agitator.
(c) He is extremely liberal.
(d) He is a staunch conservative.
5. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) His mother.
(b) Shatov and Kirilov.
(c) The local constabulary.
(d) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who acts as Gaganov's second in the duel?
2. Who is Lisa Tushin?
3. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
4. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
5. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)