|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
(a) With Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) On the streets.
(c) With Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) In their family's estate.
2. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
(a) He believes that a man-god will preach happiness.
(b) He believes that man can only be known by his actions, not by his spirit.
(c) He believes that man is eternally confounded by a split in his nature.
(d) He believes that the students protestors are going to overthrow the government.
3. What does Stavrogin do when it is his turn to shoot?
(a) Aims for Gaganov's heart but misses.
(b) Hits Gaganov's finger.
(c) Shoots Gaganov in the eye.
(d) Shoots in the air.
4. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
(a) He thought she was better than anyone he knew.
(b) He thought she was secretly malicious.
(c) He thought she was a tease.
(d) He thought she was unredeemably lost.
5. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
(b) He is highly respected.
(c) He is not respected.
(d) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
2. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
3. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
4. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
5. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)