|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
(b) In a duel.
(c) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
(d) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
2. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
(a) From Dasha and Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) From Liputin and a friend of Peter's.
(c) From Shatov.
(d) From Lebyatkin.
3. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
(b) Nicholas and Dasha.
(c) Lisa Tushin.
4. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
(a) Stavrogin hits Gaganov's second by mistake.
(b) Stavrogin shoots into the ground at his feet.
(c) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(d) Stavrogin shoots closer to Gaganov, but still shoots in the air.
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He works his way back to his rank.
(b) His gambling gets even worse.
(c) He quits the army.
(d) He keeps fighting duels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 5 begin?
2. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
3. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
4. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
5. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)