|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(b) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
2. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
3. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) He found his poverty heartbreaking.
(b) He found his buffoonish behavior amusing.
(c) He wanted to help Peter's friends.
(d) He was impressed by his opulence.
4. Who is Virginsky?
(a) A local official.
(b) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(c) A radical agitator.
(d) A professor at the university.
5. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) Shatov and Kirilov.
(b) His mother.
(c) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
(d) The local constabulary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
2. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
3. What is Stepan's impression of the confrontation that took place at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
4. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
5. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)