|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
(a) Stavrogin hits Gaganov's second by mistake.
(b) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(c) Stavrogin shoots into the ground at his feet.
(d) Stavrogin shoots closer to Gaganov, but still shoots in the air.
2. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
(a) She allows them to proceed unwittingly, through her lack of sense.
(b) She is swindled by Peter out of naivete.
(c) She gives him money, out of a sentimental desire to help the poor.
(d) She helps him deliberately, out of resentment of the rich.
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
(a) He lives with her.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They are married.
4. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
(a) He thought she was unredeemably lost.
(b) He thought she was better than anyone he knew.
(c) He thought she was secretly malicious.
(d) He thought she was a tease.
5. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
(a) She sends her Verkhovensky to get her son from prison.
(b) She asks him to tutor her son.
(c) She asks him to marry Dasha.
(d) She asks him to bring her son home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
2. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
3. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
4. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
5. What is Stepan's impression of the confrontation that took place at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)