|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gaganov's response to Kirilov?
(a) He insults Kirilov and offered to duel with him as well.
(b) He calls off the duel.
(c) He refuses the offer of money.
(d) He refuses to accept the apology.
2. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
3. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
(b) His sister, Shatov and Kirlov.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
(a) He bought a revolver.
(b) He hid himself.
(c) He hired bodyguards.
(d) He prayed.
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He works his way back to his rank.
(b) He quits the army.
(c) He keeps fighting duels.
(d) His gambling gets even worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
2. What does Stavrogin do when it is his turn to shoot?
3. How many shots does each duelist get to take?
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
5. How many paces separate the two duelists?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)