|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
(b) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
(c) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
(d) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
2. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
(a) Lisa is already married to Mr. Drozdov.
(b) He has lost his reputation.
(c) Divorce is still illegal.
(d) He doesn't have any money.
3. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
(a) His sister, Shatov and Kirlov.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. How many paces separate the two duelists?
5. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(b) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(c) He misses being married.
(d) He thinks it will corrupt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Shatov's political views?
2. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
3. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
4. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
5. Who is Liputin?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)