|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is highly respected.
(b) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
(c) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
(d) He is not respected.
2. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
(a) He wrote a novel that was rejected by a magazine.
(b) He was a soldier before entering the government.
(c) He was a novelist before he became a lawyer.
(d) He was a lawyer before becoming a politician.
3. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Virginsky and Dasha.
(b) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Nicholas Stavrogin and Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) With a declaration of love between Mrs. Stavrogin and Lebyatkin.
(d) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Lisa, Miss Lebyatkin and Verkhovensky, Shatov, and the narrator.
4. Who is Kirilov?
(a) A friend of Shatov's and Mrs. Stavrogin's neighbor.
(b) A local official and former political prisoner.
(c) A friend of Peter Verkhovensky and Nicholas Stavrogin's.
(d) A political agitator from Moscow.
5. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
(a) They are impressed with his wealth.
(b) They admire his charisma.
(c) They are afraid of his temper.
(d) They mock him for his pretentiousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
2. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
3. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
4. Who is Mr. Lembke?
5. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)