|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
(a) He is said to drink and beat his sister.
(b) He is said to gamble and corrupt young women.
(c) He is said to have killed a man.
(d) He is said to be honest and upstanding.
2. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
(a) He is unconscious for a week.
(b) He has to stay home while the bone sets.
(c) He needs surgery.
(d) He comes down with an illness.
3. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is highly respected.
(b) He is not respected.
(c) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
(d) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
4. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(a) Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
5. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
(a) She gives him money, out of a sentimental desire to help the poor.
(b) She helps him deliberately, out of resentment of the rich.
(c) She is swindled by Peter out of naivete.
(d) She allows them to proceed unwittingly, through her lack of sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stepan think about marriage?
2. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
3. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
4. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)