|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
2. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have been estranged.
(b) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
(c) They have become mortal enemies.
(d) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
3. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(b) A seamstress.
(c) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(d) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
4. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
(a) Shatov's father.
(b) Verkhovensky's son.
(c) Stavrogin's father.
(d) Verkhovensky's father.
5. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
(a) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to distract Gaganov.
(b) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to convey messages to Gaganov's daughter.
(c) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to be his second.
(d) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to plant incriminating evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
2. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
4. Who is Liputin?
5. What does Stepan think about marriage?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)