|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) His father's return.
(b) His son's debts.
(c) Marriage to Dasha.
(d) His wife's pregnancy.
2. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
(a) They are married.
(b) He lives with her.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They are enemies.
3. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
(a) Nicholas Stavrogin.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. Who is Mr. Lembke?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin's brother-in-law.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin's lawyer.
(c) A German member of the elite.
(d) A judge in the district where Stavrogin dueled.
5. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
(a) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to plant incriminating evidence.
(b) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to convey messages to Gaganov's daughter.
(c) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to distract Gaganov.
(d) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to be his second.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
2. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
3. Who is Kirilov?
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
5. Who is Shatov?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)