|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kirilov?
(a) A political agitator from Moscow.
(b) A local official and former political prisoner.
(c) A friend of Peter Verkhovensky and Nicholas Stavrogin's.
(d) A friend of Shatov's and Mrs. Stavrogin's neighbor.
2. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
(a) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) Leave for Paris.
(c) Propose to Lisa Tushin.
(d) Start an uprising.
3. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
(a) Gaganov had threatened to take Mary Lebyatkin away from Stavrogin.
(b) Gaganov's father had been an enemy of Stavrogin's father's.
(c) Gaganov had threatened to evict Mrs. Stavrogin from her estate.
(d) Gaganov had been insulting Stavrogin.
4. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Nicholas and Dasha.
(b) Lisa Tushin.
(d) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
5. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
2. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
3. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
5. Who is Liputin?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)