|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
(a) That Nicholas is disreputable.
(b) That Nicholas is mad.
(c) That Nicholas is a radical agitator.
(d) That Nicholas is dying.
2. How many shots does each duelist get to take?
3. What is Peter predicting in the time after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) That Nicholas will kill Shatov.
(b) That he will incite riots and protests.
(c) That he will bomb a prominent government location.
(d) That Nicholas will be killed.
4. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She loves Stavrogin.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is leaving with Captain Lebyatkin.
5. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(b) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
(c) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
(d) He is ironic and disbelieving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
2. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
3. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
4. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
5. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)