|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to find her a husband.
(b) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(c) She wants him to join a business venture.
(d) She wants him to lend her money.
2. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her for money.
(c) He asks her to send the money she owes him.
(d) He asks her to work for him in his house.
3. What are Shatov's political views?
(a) He is extremely liberal.
(b) He is a staunch conservative.
(c) He is not invested in politics.
(d) He is a radical agitator.
4. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Lisa, Miss Lebyatkin and Verkhovensky, Shatov, and the narrator.
(b) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Nicholas Stavrogin and Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Virginsky and Dasha.
(d) With a declaration of love between Mrs. Stavrogin and Lebyatkin.
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He keeps fighting duels.
(b) He quits the army.
(c) He works his way back to his rank.
(d) His gambling gets even worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
2. What is Peter predicting in the time after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
3. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
4. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
5. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)