|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shots does each duelist get to take?
2. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In St. Petersburg.
(c) In Novgorod.
(d) In the Russian provinces.
3. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
(a) On the streets.
(b) In their family's estate.
(c) With Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) With Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(b) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(c) They were in the military together.
(d) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
5. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(b) He misses being married.
(c) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(d) He thinks it will corrupt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
2. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
4. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
5. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)