|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
(a) She is leaving with Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She loves Stavrogin.
2. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
(a) Dasha's former engagements.
(b) Nicholas Stavrogin's political opinions.
(c) Liputin's encounters with Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Peter Verkhovensky's studies.
3. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
(b) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(c) He is ironic and disbelieving.
(d) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
4. What does Stavrogin do when it is his turn to shoot?
(a) Shoots in the air.
(b) Hits Gaganov's finger.
(c) Aims for Gaganov's heart but misses.
(d) Shoots Gaganov in the eye.
5. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
(a) Gaganov's father had been an enemy of Stavrogin's father's.
(b) Gaganov had threatened to evict Mrs. Stavrogin from her estate.
(c) Gaganov had been insulting Stavrogin.
(d) Gaganov had threatened to take Mary Lebyatkin away from Stavrogin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
3. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
4. Where is The Possessed set?
5. Whom does Mrs. Lembke befriend?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)