|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 5, The Wise Serpent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(b) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(c) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(d) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
2. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
(a) Nicholas had fought a duel over her.
(b) Nicholas had redeemed her from prison.
(c) Nicholas owed her brother money.
(d) Nicholas seduced her in Moscow.
3. Who is Kirilov?
(a) A friend of Peter Verkhovensky and Nicholas Stavrogin's.
(b) A political agitator from Moscow.
(c) A local official and former political prisoner.
(d) A friend of Shatov's and Mrs. Stavrogin's neighbor.
4. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) His sister, Shatov and Kirlov.
5. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Lisa Tushin.
(b) Nicholas and Dasha.
(c) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
2. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
3. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
4. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
5. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)