|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 5, The Wise Serpent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
(a) He thought she was secretly malicious.
(b) He thought she was a tease.
(c) He thought she was better than anyone he knew.
(d) He thought she was unredeemably lost.
2. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
(a) They are both young.
(b) They are both liberals.
(c) They are both artists.
(d) They are both conseratives.
3. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
(a) Verkhovensky's son.
(b) Shatov's father.
(c) Stavrogin's father.
(d) Verkhovensky's father.
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) His father's return.
(b) His son's debts.
(c) His wife's pregnancy.
(d) Marriage to Dasha.
5. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Virginsky and Dasha.
(b) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Nicholas Stavrogin and Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Lisa, Miss Lebyatkin and Verkhovensky, Shatov, and the narrator.
(d) With a declaration of love between Mrs. Stavrogin and Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kirilov?
2. Where is The Possessed set?
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
4. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
5. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)