|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 5, The Wise Serpent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Lisa, Miss Lebyatkin and Verkhovensky, Shatov, and the narrator.
(b) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Nicholas Stavrogin and Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) With a declaration of love between Mrs. Stavrogin and Lebyatkin.
(d) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Virginsky and Dasha.
2. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) He lives with her.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They are married.
4. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
(a) That Nicholas is dying.
(b) That Nicholas is disreputable.
(c) That Nicholas is a radical agitator.
(d) That Nicholas is mad.
5. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a deserter.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He is a brave soldier.
(d) He is a respected leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
2. What does Stepan think about marriage?
3. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
4. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
5. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)