|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 5, The Wise Serpent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(b) Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
2. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In the Russian provinces.
(b) In Novgorod.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) In St. Petersburg.
3. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
(b) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
(c) Finding a job for her son.
(d) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
4. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
(a) He is said to be honest and upstanding.
(b) He is said to gamble and corrupt young women.
(c) He is said to have killed a man.
(d) He is said to drink and beat his sister.
5. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
(b) Lisa Tushin.
(d) Nicholas and Dasha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
2. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
3. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
5. Who is Liputin?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)