|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 5, The Wise Serpent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shatov?
(a) A local doctor.
(b) A local official.
(c) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A banker from Moscow.
2. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In the Russian provinces.
(c) In St. Petersburg.
(d) In Novgorod.
3. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(b) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
(c) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(d) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
4. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
(b) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(c) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
(d) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
5. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
(a) Stepan Verkhovensky and Lisa Tushin.
(b) Mary Lebyatkin and Mrs. Drozdov.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky and Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Shatov and Liputin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
2. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
3. How does Chapter 5 begin?
4. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
5. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)