|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 5, The Wise Serpent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
(b) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
2. What are Shatov's political views?
(a) He is not invested in politics.
(b) He is a radical agitator.
(c) He is extremely liberal.
(d) He is a staunch conservative.
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He is a local bureaucrat.
(b) He is a social researcher.
(c) He is an elected official.
(d) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
(a) He answers yes.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He says no.
(d) He answers her with a question about her own plans.
5. Who is Liputin?
(a) A local banker.
(b) A liberal official.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(d) A student of Verkhovensky's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shatov?
2. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
3. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
4. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
5. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)