|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 5, The Wise Serpent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Nicholas Stavrogin and Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) With a declaration of love between Mrs. Stavrogin and Lebyatkin.
(c) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Virginsky and Dasha.
(d) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Lisa, Miss Lebyatkin and Verkhovensky, Shatov, and the narrator.
2. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Mary Lebyatkin.
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) His son's debts.
(b) His father's return.
(c) His wife's pregnancy.
(d) Marriage to Dasha.
4. Who is Kirilov?
(a) A friend of Shatov's and Mrs. Stavrogin's neighbor.
(b) A political agitator from Moscow.
(c) A local official and former political prisoner.
(d) A friend of Peter Verkhovensky and Nicholas Stavrogin's.
5. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a brave soldier.
(b) He is a respected leader.
(c) He is a deserter.
(d) He is a bully.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
2. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
3. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
4. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
5. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)