|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 5, The Wise Serpent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
(b) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
(c) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
(d) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
2. Who is Virginsky?
(a) A professor at the university.
(b) A radical agitator.
(c) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A local official.
3. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(b) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(c) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(d) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
4. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) Nicholas Stavrogin.
(d) Peter Verkhovensky.
5. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
(a) Stavrogin's father.
(b) Shatov's father.
(c) Verkhovensky's father.
(d) Verkhovensky's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
2. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
3. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
4. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
5. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)