|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 5, The Wise Serpent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Liputin?
(a) A local banker.
(b) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(c) A liberal official.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
2. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
(a) From Lebyatkin.
(b) From Shatov.
(c) From Liputin and a friend of Peter's.
(d) From Dasha and Mrs. Stavrogin.
3. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(c) Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
(c) Whether he has fought a duel.
(d) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) His gambling gets even worse.
(b) He quits the army.
(c) He works his way back to his rank.
(d) He keeps fighting duels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
2. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
3. Who is Shatov?
4. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
5. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)