|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He keeps fighting duels.
(b) His gambling gets even worse.
(c) He quits the army.
(d) He works his way back to his rank.
2. What are Shatov's political views?
(a) He is a staunch conservative.
(b) He is not invested in politics.
(c) He is extremely liberal.
(d) He is a radical agitator.
3. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have become mortal enemies.
(b) They have been estranged.
(c) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
(d) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
4. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
5. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
(a) Nicholas had redeemed her from prison.
(b) Nicholas seduced her in Moscow.
(c) Nicholas had fought a duel over her.
(d) Nicholas owed her brother money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
2. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
3. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)