|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to lend her money.
(b) She wants him to join a business venture.
(c) She wants him to find her a husband.
(d) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
2. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
(b) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
(c) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
(d) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
3. Who is Liputin?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(b) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(c) A local banker.
(d) A liberal official.
4. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In Novgorod.
(b) In St. Petersburg.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) In the Russian provinces.
5. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
2. What does Stepan think about marriage?
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
4. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
5. What are Shatov's political views?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)