|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
(a) From Shatov.
(b) From Liputin and a friend of Peter's.
(c) From Lebyatkin.
(d) From Dasha and Mrs. Stavrogin.
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He keeps fighting duels.
(b) His gambling gets even worse.
(c) He quits the army.
(d) He works his way back to his rank.
3. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(b) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(c) He misses being married.
(d) He thinks it will corrupt him.
4. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
(a) He is said to be honest and upstanding.
(b) He is said to gamble and corrupt young women.
(c) He is said to drink and beat his sister.
(d) He is said to have killed a man.
5. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a deserter.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He is a respected leader.
(d) He is a brave soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
2. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
3. Where is The Possessed set?
4. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
5. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)