|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Liputin?
(a) A local banker.
(b) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(d) A liberal official.
2. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
(a) She sends her Verkhovensky to get her son from prison.
(b) She asks him to bring her son home.
(c) She asks him to tutor her son.
(d) She asks him to marry Dasha.
3. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
(b) His sister, Shatov and Kirlov.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
(a) From Liputin and a friend of Peter's.
(b) From Lebyatkin.
(c) From Dasha and Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) From Shatov.
5. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
(a) They are afraid of his temper.
(b) They admire his charisma.
(c) They mock him for his pretentiousness.
(d) They are impressed with his wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
2. What are Shatov's political views?
3. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
4. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
5. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)