|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(b) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(c) They were in the military together.
(d) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
2. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
(a) That Nicholas is disreputable.
(b) That Nicholas is dying.
(c) That Nicholas is mad.
(d) That Nicholas is a radical agitator.
3. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to find her a husband.
(b) She wants him to lend her money.
(c) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(d) She wants him to join a business venture.
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
(b) In a duel.
(c) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
(d) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
5. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
(b) He is highly respected.
(c) He is not respected.
(d) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
2. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
5. Where is The Possessed set?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)