|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to join a business venture.
(b) She wants him to lend her money.
(c) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(d) She wants him to find her a husband.
2. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) They were in the military together.
(b) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(c) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(d) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
3. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
(a) She asks him to bring her son home.
(b) She asks him to marry Dasha.
(c) She sends her Verkhovensky to get her son from prison.
(d) She asks him to tutor her son.
4. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
5. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a respected leader.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He is a brave soldier.
(d) He is a deserter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
2. Who is Liputin?
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
5. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)