|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
(a) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin asked him if he thought Nicholas was mad.
(b) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just paid all her son's gambling debts.
(c) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had tried to arrange for Nicholas to marry Dasha.
(d) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just been diagnosed with a fatal illness.
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He works his way back to his rank.
(b) His gambling gets even worse.
(c) He keeps fighting duels.
(d) He quits the army.
3. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(b) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(c) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(d) They were in the military together.
4. Who is Virginsky?
(a) A radical agitator.
(b) A local official.
(c) A professor at the university.
(d) A student of Verkhovensky's.
5. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
3. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
4. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
5. What does Stepan think about marriage?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)