|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have become mortal enemies.
(b) They have been estranged.
(c) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
(d) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
(b) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
(c) In a duel.
(d) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
3. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(b) He misses being married.
(c) He thinks it will corrupt him.
(d) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
4. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
5. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In St. Petersburg.
(b) In Novgorod.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) In the Russian provinces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Liputin?
2. Who is Virginsky?
3. What are Shatov's political views?
4. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
5. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)