|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
(b) He is a local bureaucrat.
(c) He is an elected official.
(d) He is a social researcher.
2. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
(b) They have become mortal enemies.
(c) They have been estranged.
(d) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
3. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(b) She wants him to join a business venture.
(c) She wants him to lend her money.
(d) She wants him to find her a husband.
4. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
(a) Liputin's encounters with Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) Dasha's former engagements.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky's studies.
(d) Nicholas Stavrogin's political opinions.
5. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
(b) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(c) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
(d) Finding a job for her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
2. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
3. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
4. Who is Virginsky?
5. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)