|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
(a) He asks her to work for him in his house.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He asks her for money.
(d) He asks her to send the money she owes him.
2. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a brave soldier.
(b) He is a bully.
(c) He is a respected leader.
(d) He is a deserter.
3. Who is Virginsky?
(a) A professor at the university.
(b) A radical agitator.
(c) A local official.
(d) A student of Verkhovensky's.
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He works his way back to his rank.
(b) His gambling gets even worse.
(c) He quits the army.
(d) He keeps fighting duels.
5. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(b) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
(c) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
(d) Finding a job for her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lisa Tushin?
2. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
3. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
4. Who is Liputin?
5. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)