|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her to send the money she owes him.
(c) He asks her for money.
(d) He asks her to work for him in his house.
2. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
(a) Because he stole from another officer.
(b) Because of his gambling debts.
(c) Because of insubordination.
(d) Because he fought a duel.
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He works his way back to his rank.
(b) He keeps fighting duels.
(c) His gambling gets even worse.
(d) He quits the army.
4. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
(a) They admire his charisma.
(b) They are afraid of his temper.
(c) They mock him for his pretentiousness.
(d) They are impressed with his wealth.
5. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
(a) He is said to gamble and corrupt young women.
(b) He is said to drink and beat his sister.
(c) He is said to be honest and upstanding.
(d) He is said to have killed a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shatov?
2. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
3. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
4. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)