|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
(b) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
(c) Finding a job for her son.
(d) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
2. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
(a) From Liputin and a friend of Peter's.
(b) From Dasha and Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) From Lebyatkin.
(d) From Shatov.
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He works his way back to his rank.
(b) He keeps fighting duels.
(c) His gambling gets even worse.
(d) He quits the army.
4. Who is Kirilov?
(a) A friend of Peter Verkhovensky and Nicholas Stavrogin's.
(b) A political agitator from Moscow.
(c) A friend of Shatov's and Mrs. Stavrogin's neighbor.
(d) A local official and former political prisoner.
5. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to lend her money.
(b) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(c) She wants him to find her a husband.
(d) She wants him to join a business venture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
2. Where is The Possessed set?
3. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
4. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
5. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)