|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shatov?
(a) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
(b) A banker from Moscow.
(c) A local doctor.
(d) A local official.
2. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
(a) He is said to have killed a man.
(b) He is said to drink and beat his sister.
(c) He is said to be honest and upstanding.
(d) He is said to gamble and corrupt young women.
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) He keeps fighting duels.
(b) He quits the army.
(c) His gambling gets even worse.
(d) He works his way back to his rank.
4. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In Novgorod.
(b) In St. Petersburg.
(c) In the Russian provinces.
(d) In Moscow.
5. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
(a) Verkhovensky's son.
(b) Stavrogin's father.
(c) Verkhovensky's father.
(d) Shatov's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
2. What does Stepan think about marriage?
3. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
4. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
5. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)