|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a deserter.
(b) He is a brave soldier.
(c) He is a bully.
(d) He is a respected leader.
2. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
(b) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(c) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
(d) Finding a job for her son.
3. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
(b) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
(c) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
(d) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
4. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
(a) He is an informant working with the government to clamp down on dissenters.
(b) He is rebellious and frequently in trouble with the law.
(c) He is afraid of the government, but likes to be seen as liberal.
(d) He does not let politics interfere with his art.
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) In a duel.
(b) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
(c) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
(d) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
2. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
3. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)