|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
(b) He is highly respected.
(c) He is not respected.
(d) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
2. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
(a) They are both young.
(b) They are both artists.
(c) They are both liberals.
(d) They are both conseratives.
3. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In St. Petersburg.
(c) In Novgorod.
(d) In the Russian provinces.
4. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her to send the money she owes him.
(c) He asks her to work for him in his house.
(d) He asks her for money.
5. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
(a) That Nicholas is disreputable.
(b) That Nicholas is dying.
(c) That Nicholas is a radical agitator.
(d) That Nicholas is mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
2. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
5. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)