|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(b) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(c) They were in the military together.
(d) It is not clear what their relationship was.
2. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it will corrupt him.
(b) He misses being married.
(c) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(d) He thinks it is every man's duty.
3. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
(a) He does not let politics interfere with his art.
(b) He is afraid of the government, but likes to be seen as liberal.
(c) He is an informant working with the government to clamp down on dissenters.
(d) He is rebellious and frequently in trouble with the law.
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
(b) In a duel.
(c) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
(d) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
5. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
(a) Because of his gambling debts.
(b) Because he stole from another officer.
(c) Because of insubordination.
(d) Because he fought a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
2. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
3. Who is Lisa Tushin?
4. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
5. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)