|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
(a) From Shatov.
(b) From Dasha and Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) From Lebyatkin.
(d) From Liputin and a friend of Peter's.
2. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it will corrupt him.
(b) He misses being married.
(c) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(d) He thinks it is every man's duty.
3. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
(a) That Nicholas is disreputable.
(b) That Nicholas is mad.
(c) That Nicholas is dying.
(d) That Nicholas is a radical agitator.
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) His son's debts.
(b) Marriage to Dasha.
(c) His father's return.
(d) His wife's pregnancy.
5. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
(a) His sister, Shatov and Kirlov.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
2. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
3. Who is Liputin?
4. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
5. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)