|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
(a) That Nicholas is disreputable.
(b) That Nicholas is a radical agitator.
(c) That Nicholas is dying.
(d) That Nicholas is mad.
2. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to find her a husband.
(b) She wants him to lend her money.
(c) She wants him to join a business venture.
(d) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
3. What are Shatov's political views?
(a) He is not invested in politics.
(b) He is a radical agitator.
(c) He is extremely liberal.
(d) He is a staunch conservative.
4. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In the Russian provinces.
(b) In St. Petersburg.
(c) In Novgorod.
(d) In Moscow.
5. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it will corrupt him.
(b) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(c) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(d) He misses being married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
2. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
5. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)