|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
(b) In a duel.
(c) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
(d) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
2. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her for money.
(c) He asks her to send the money she owes him.
(d) He asks her to work for him in his house.
3. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a deserter.
(b) He is a respected leader.
(c) He is a brave soldier.
(d) He is a bully.
4. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is highly respected.
(b) He is not respected.
(c) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
(d) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
5. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) His sister, Shatov and Kirlov.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
2. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
3. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
4. Where is The Possessed set?
5. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)