|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Shatov's political views?
(a) He is extremely liberal.
(b) He is not invested in politics.
(c) He is a staunch conservative.
(d) He is a radical agitator.
2. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
(b) He is highly respected.
(c) He is not respected.
(d) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
3. Who is Kirilov?
(a) A local official and former political prisoner.
(b) A political agitator from Moscow.
(c) A friend of Peter Verkhovensky and Nicholas Stavrogin's.
(d) A friend of Shatov's and Mrs. Stavrogin's neighbor.
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Marriage to Dasha.
(b) His son's debts.
(c) His wife's pregnancy.
(d) His father's return.
5. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(b) Finding a job for her son.
(c) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
(d) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
2. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
3. Who is Virginsky?
4. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
5. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)