|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
(a) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just paid all her son's gambling debts.
(b) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin asked him if he thought Nicholas was mad.
(c) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just been diagnosed with a fatal illness.
(d) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had tried to arrange for Nicholas to marry Dasha.
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
(a) His gambling gets even worse.
(b) He works his way back to his rank.
(c) He keeps fighting duels.
(d) He quits the army.
3. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
(b) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
(c) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
(d) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
(b) In a duel.
(c) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
(d) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) His father's return.
(b) His son's debts.
(c) Marriage to Dasha.
(d) His wife's pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Liputin?
2. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
4. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
5. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)