|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) They were in the military together.
(b) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(c) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(d) It is not clear what their relationship was.
2. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
(b) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
(c) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
(d) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
3. Who is Shatov?
(a) A local doctor.
(b) A local official.
(c) A banker from Moscow.
(d) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
4. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) His sister, Shatov and Kirlov.
(d) Peter Verkhovensky.
5. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to join a business venture.
(b) She wants him to find her a husband.
(c) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(d) She wants him to lend her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
2. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
3. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
4. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
5. What are Shatov's political views?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)