|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
2. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(b) They were in the military together.
(c) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(d) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
3. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
(a) From Lebyatkin.
(b) From Shatov.
(c) From Liputin and a friend of Peter's.
(d) From Dasha and Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a bully.
(b) He is a deserter.
(c) He is a brave soldier.
(d) He is a respected leader.
5. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
(a) They are both liberals.
(b) They are both young.
(c) They are both conseratives.
(d) They are both artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nicholas Stavrogin's tutor?
2. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
4. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
5. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)