|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Liputin?
(a) A liberal official.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(c) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A local banker.
2. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
(a) She asks him to tutor her son.
(b) She sends her Verkhovensky to get her son from prison.
(c) She asks him to bring her son home.
(d) She asks him to marry Dasha.
3. Who is Shatov?
(a) A local doctor.
(b) A banker from Moscow.
(c) A local official.
(d) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
4. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a brave soldier.
(b) He is a deserter.
(c) He is a bully.
(d) He is a respected leader.
5. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(b) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
2. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
3. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
4. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)