|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
(b) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
(c) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
(d) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
2. Who is Liputin?
(a) A liberal official.
(b) A local banker.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(d) A student of Verkhovensky's.
3. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
(a) He is rebellious and frequently in trouble with the law.
(b) He is afraid of the government, but likes to be seen as liberal.
(c) He is an informant working with the government to clamp down on dissenters.
(d) He does not let politics interfere with his art.
4. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to lend her money.
(b) She wants him to find her a husband.
(c) She wants him to join a business venture.
(d) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
5. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
(a) They admire his charisma.
(b) They mock him for his pretentiousness.
(c) They are impressed with his wealth.
(d) They are afraid of his temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
2. Who is Lisa Tushin?
3. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
4. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
5. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)