|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(b) She wants him to find her a husband.
(c) She wants him to lend her money.
(d) She wants him to join a business venture.
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
(b) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
(c) In a duel.
(d) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
3. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
(a) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just been diagnosed with a fatal illness.
(b) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin asked him if he thought Nicholas was mad.
(c) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had tried to arrange for Nicholas to marry Dasha.
(d) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just paid all her son's gambling debts.
4. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her to send the money she owes him.
(c) He asks her for money.
(d) He asks her to work for him in his house.
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are married.
(c) He lives with her.
(d) They are enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Virginsky?
2. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
3. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
4. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
5. Who is Kirilov?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)