|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(b) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
2. Who is Virginsky?
(a) A local official.
(b) A professor at the university.
(c) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A radical agitator.
3. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In St. Petersburg.
(b) In Moscow.
(c) In the Russian provinces.
(d) In Novgorod.
4. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
(a) Nicholas Stavrogin's political opinions.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky's studies.
(c) Dasha's former engagements.
(d) Liputin's encounters with Mrs. Stavrogin.
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He is an elected official.
(b) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
(c) He is a local bureaucrat.
(d) He is a social researcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
2. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
4. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)