|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to find her a husband.
(b) She wants him to lend her money.
(c) She wants him to join a business venture.
(d) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
2. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have been estranged.
(b) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
(c) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
(d) They have become mortal enemies.
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) In a duel.
(b) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
(c) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
(d) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
4. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
(a) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin asked him if he thought Nicholas was mad.
(b) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just paid all her son's gambling debts.
(c) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just been diagnosed with a fatal illness.
(d) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had tried to arrange for Nicholas to marry Dasha.
5. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
(a) He asks her for money.
(b) He asks her to send the money she owes him.
(c) He asks her to work for him in his house.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
2. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
3. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. Where is The Possessed set?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)