Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 7, Stepan Verkhovensky's Last Pilgrimage and Chapter 8, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dostoevsky seem to believe is the problem with Russia?
(a) It is both attracted to and repulsed by industrial modernism.
(b) It is ripe for a revolution but incapable of emerging from one.
(c) It is poisoned by its peasant spirituality.
(d) It is held back by its feudal past.
2. Who is attacked after the murder of Shatov?
3. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
(a) He was a soldier before entering the government.
(b) He wrote a novel that was rejected by a magazine.
(c) He was a novelist before he became a lawyer.
(d) He was a lawyer before becoming a politician.
4. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
(a) He seduces a general's wife.
(b) He refuses to go to the Crimea with his regiment.
(c) He bites his general's ear.
(d) He kills himself and his fellow officers.
5. What do we find out about Dasha after the duel?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She loves Stavrogin.
(c) She is leaving with Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) She is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
2. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
3. Who is Lisa Tushin?
4. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
5. Why do the townspeople think the Lebyatkins were killed?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)