|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had a hand in manipulating Lisa to be with Stavrogin?
2. What last-minute effort does Stavrogin make to avert the duel?
(a) He threatens to kill Gaganov's entire family.
(b) He offers to leave the country.
(c) He offers even more money.
(d) He apologizes once again.
3. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
(a) He warns him that his mother will want him to leave town.
(b) He warns him that his wife might not come home now.
(c) He warns him that members of the society might try to kill him.
(d) He warns him that he will be implicated in Peter's conspiracy.
4. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
(a) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had tried to arrange for Nicholas to marry Dasha.
(b) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just paid all her son's gambling debts.
(c) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just been diagnosed with a fatal illness.
(d) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin asked him if he thought Nicholas was mad.
5. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
(a) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to plant incriminating evidence.
(b) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to convey messages to Gaganov's daughter.
(c) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to be his second.
(d) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to distract Gaganov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
2. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
3. When Stavrogin catches up with Peter, what does Peter suggest to him?
4. What are Mrs. Lembke's social aspirations?
5. Who does Peter leave Virginsky's house to meet?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)