|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Lisa and the man she meets rush off to after they meet?
(a) They go to see the people who were murdered.
(b) They go to Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(c) They go to Lembke's.
(d) They go to Shatov's.
2. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(c) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(d) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
3. Who acts as Gaganov's second in the duel?
(a) Mr. Drozdov.
(c) Mr. Lemke.
4. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
(b) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
(c) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
(d) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
5. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
(a) He bought a revolver.
(b) He prayed.
(c) He hid himself.
(d) He hired bodyguards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lisa find after she leaves Stavrogin's?
2. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
3. What had some poor people done to prepare for the fête?
4. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
5. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)