|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
(a) Dasha's former engagements.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky's studies.
(c) Liputin's encounters with Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Nicholas Stavrogin's political opinions.
2. What does Stavrogin want Fedka to do?
(a) Kill Shatov.
(b) Return to prison.
(c) Kill Mary and Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Start a riot.
3. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
(a) He comes down with an illness.
(b) He needs surgery.
(c) He has to stay home while the bone sets.
(d) He is unconscious for a week.
4. Who is Liputin?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(b) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(c) A local banker.
(d) A liberal official.
5. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(b) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
(c) He is ironic and disbelieving.
(d) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
2. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
3. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
4. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
5. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)