|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(b) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(c) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(d) They were in the military together.
2. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
(a) Nicholas owed her brother money.
(b) Nicholas had redeemed her from prison.
(c) Nicholas seduced her in Moscow.
(d) Nicholas had fought a duel over her.
3. Who do the townspeople believe killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin?
4. Why are workers from the Spigulin factory massing in the street?
(a) They are enjoying their day off.
(b) They are demanding the release of political prisoners.
(c) They are petitioning for the governor to intervene in a payment dispute.
(d) They are organizing themselves for the new, post-revolutionary society.
5. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to find her a husband.
(b) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(c) She wants him to lend her money.
(d) She wants him to join a business venture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Lembke bestows her favors in spite of what?
2. Where do Lisa and the man she meets rush off to after they meet?
3. How many shots does each duelist get to take?
4. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
5. What is the narrator's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's reaction to the search of Peter's house?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)