|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
(a) Modern agricultural techniques.
(b) The Sistine Madonna.
(c) Spirituality in modern life.
(d) Renaissance cathedrals.
2. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(b) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
(c) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(d) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
3. What does Lisa Tushin challenge Stavrogin to do?
(a) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) Get Lebyatkin to stop writing her letters.
(c) Murder his mother.
(d) Murder Mary and Captain Lebyatkin.
4. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(b) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(c) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(d) They were in the military together.
5. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Nicholas Stavrogin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
2. What does Stavrogin want Fedka to do?
3. When Stavrogin catches up with Peter, what does Peter suggest to him?
4. What does Lisa overhear of Stavrogin's conversation with Peter?
5. How does Peter plan to instigate his father?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)