|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
(a) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to be his second.
(b) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to plant incriminating evidence.
(c) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to distract Gaganov.
(d) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to convey messages to Gaganov's daughter.
2. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
(a) He hid himself.
(b) He prayed.
(c) He hired bodyguards.
(d) He bought a revolver.
3. What have Lisa and Stavrogin done as Chapter 3 of Part 3 begins?
(a) Stolen money from Mrs. Lembke.
(b) Spent the night together.
(c) Run away to Moscow.
(d) Burned the town.
4. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
(a) Peter says it was because of the 'demon of irony' in him.
(b) Nicholas says it was because he was in love.
(c) Captain Lebyatkin says it was because Nicholas is sentimental and stupid.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin says it was because her son was rebellious.
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
(a) He answers yes.
(b) He answers her with a question about her own plans.
(c) He says no.
(d) He does not answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime is Fedka implicated in?
2. What does Stavrogin do when it is his turn to shoot?
3. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's feeling about the fête?
4. What is Shigalyov's plan for the new social organization?
5. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)