|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who acts as Gaganov's second in the duel?
(a) Mr. Lemke.
(d) Mr. Drozdov.
2. What does Blum say about the search at Peter Verkhovensky's?
(a) It was a mistake.
(b) Shatov had tipped the police off.
(c) The police found what they were looking for.
(d) Virginsky had testified that Peter was the leader of the radical group.
3. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
(a) Stavrogin shoots into the ground at his feet.
(b) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(c) Stavrogin shoots closer to Gaganov, but still shoots in the air.
(d) Stavrogin hits Gaganov's second by mistake.
4. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Mary Lebyatkin.
5. Who is Shatov?
(a) A local doctor.
(b) A local official.
(c) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A banker from Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
2. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
3. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
4. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
5. Who is Kirilov?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)