|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose influence has Mr. Lembke come under?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky's.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(c) His son's.
(d) His wife's.
2. What reason does the narrator have for visiting Lembke?
(a) He wants to know why he is being searched.
(b) He wants to prevent Stepan Verkhovensky from doing anything silly.
(c) He wants to testify against Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) He wants to arrange to get out of the country.
3. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
(a) He was a lawyer before becoming a politician.
(b) He wrote a novel that was rejected by a magazine.
(c) He was a novelist before he became a lawyer.
(d) He was a soldier before entering the government.
4. When Stavrogin catches up with Peter, what does Peter suggest to him?
(a) That the police have been watching him.
(b) That the flood in the mine was planned.
(c) That Lebyatkin plans to blackmail Stavrogin.
(d) That Shatov is plotting against him.
5. Why is Peter intent on killing Shatov?
(a) From an insult years ago.
(b) Out of love for Shatov's wife.
(c) Out of envy for Stepan's regard for Shatov.
(d) Because Shatov knows too much about his plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is The Possessed set?
2. How many people are in Peter Verkhovensky's secret group of radicals?
3. What does Stepan think about marriage?
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
5. What is Peter Verkhovensky concerned about when he rushes out of Virginsky's house?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)