|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
(a) He thought she was unredeemably lost.
(b) He thought she was secretly malicious.
(c) He thought she was a tease.
(d) He thought she was better than anyone he knew.
2. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
(a) He is said to be honest and upstanding.
(b) He is said to drink and beat his sister.
(c) He is said to have killed a man.
(d) He is said to gamble and corrupt young women.
3. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
(a) She asks him to marry Dasha.
(b) She sends her Verkhovensky to get her son from prison.
(c) She asks him to bring her son home.
(d) She asks him to tutor her son.
4. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
(a) He is rebellious and frequently in trouble with the law.
(b) He is an informant working with the government to clamp down on dissenters.
(c) He is afraid of the government, but likes to be seen as liberal.
(d) He does not let politics interfere with his art.
5. Why is Lisa Tushin killed?
(a) The police convict her of the murder of Captain and Mary Lebyatkin and execute her.
(b) She is killed accidentally when her carriage turns over.
(c) She is killed by the radicals, who want to get to Stavrogin.
(d) The townspeople blame her for the murder of Captain and Mary Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shots does each duelist get to take?
2. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
3. How has public opinion shifted on the eve of the fête?
4. When does Part II, Chapter 3 begin?
5. What is the real purpose of the gathering at Virginsky's house?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)