|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Peter Verkhovensky.
2. What do the police take from Peter Verkhovensky's house?
(a) Radical anarchists.
(d) Papers and books.
3. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
(a) They are impressed with his wealth.
(b) They are afraid of his temper.
(c) They admire his charisma.
(d) They mock him for his pretentiousness.
4. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
(a) Radical agitators.
(b) Criminals and prostitutes.
(c) Writers and artists.
(d) Lower-class people.
5. Who do the townspeople believe killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
2. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
3. What have Lisa and Stavrogin done as Chapter 3 of Part 3 begins?
4. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
5. What is the narrator's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's reaction to the search of Peter's house?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)