|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Gaganov been insulting Stavrogin?
(a) Stavrogin has corrupted Gaganov's sister.
(b) Stavrogin has seduced Gaganov's wife.
(c) Gaganov has a temperamental hostility to Stavrogin.
(d) Stavrogin has insulted Gaganov's father years ago.
2. Who is Mr. Lembke?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin's lawyer.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin's brother-in-law.
(c) A judge in the district where Stavrogin dueled.
(d) A German member of the elite.
3. What is Peter predicting in the time after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) That he will incite riots and protests.
(b) That Nicholas will kill Shatov.
(c) That Nicholas will be killed.
(d) That he will bomb a prominent government location.
4. What last-minute effort does Stavrogin make to avert the duel?
(a) He threatens to kill Gaganov's entire family.
(b) He offers to leave the country.
(c) He offers even more money.
(d) He apologizes once again.
5. What do the police take from Peter Verkhovensky's house?
(b) Papers and books.
(c) Radical anarchists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
2. Whom does Lisa find after she leaves Stavrogin's?
3. Who does the chief of police begin to arrest?
4. Where is The Possessed set?
5. Who is Shatov?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)