|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stavrogin believe in?
(a) The equality of slaves.
(b) The right of the aristocrats to rule.
(c) The value of ancient farming methods.
(d) The governing potential of new industries.
2. How has public opinion shifted on the eve of the fête?
(a) The agitators have succeeded in turning the crowds against the government.
(b) It is now against Mrs. Lembke.
(c) The people are now in favor of change.
(d) The workers are anxious to disrupt the fête.
3. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
(a) He asks for immunity if he testifies against Peter.
(b) He asks for a more thorough search.
(c) He demands the name of the officer in charge.
(d) He asks for money as an inducement to help them.
4. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(b) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(c) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
(d) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
5. Why was it a mistake to charge a high price for the fête?
(a) The people who came wanted food.
(b) No one could afford to come.
(c) The people expected to be entertained.
(d) Expensive tickets excluded the writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
2. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
3. Who do the townspeople believe killed Mary and Captain Lebyatkin?
4. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
5. What last-minute effort does Stavrogin make to avert the duel?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)