|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
(a) Stavrogin is wounded on the finger.
(b) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(c) Gaganov seriously wounds Stavrogin.
(d) No injuries are inflicted.
2. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
(a) She is swindled by Peter out of naivete.
(b) She helps him deliberately, out of resentment of the rich.
(c) She gives him money, out of a sentimental desire to help the poor.
(d) She allows them to proceed unwittingly, through her lack of sense.
3. What is the real purpose of the gathering at Virginsky's house?
(a) Planning to overthrow the government.
(b) A planning meeting for Mrs. Lembke's fête.
(c) A radical political meeting.
(d) A literary club meeting.
4. Which one of these characters is NOT in Peter's secret group?
5. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(b) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the narrator have for visiting Lembke?
2. What had some poor people done to prepare for the fête?
3. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
4. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
5. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)