|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Julia Lembke.
(b) A mad professor.
2. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
(a) They are running wild.
(b) They are collecting money for the poor.
(c) They are wildly enthusiastic about the upcoming elections.
(d) They are dutifully enlisting for the military.
3. What is the narrator's response to Stepan Verkhovensky's reaction to the search of Peter's house?
(a) He is determined to bring Peter to justice.
(b) He is intimidated.
(c) He is baffled.
(d) He is worried.
4. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
(a) That Mrs. Lembke is an anarchist.
(b) That Verkhovensky is a murderer.
(c) That Stavrogin is a government spy.
(d) That Mr. Lembke is having an affair.
5. In whose house is Peter spreading rumors in the days before the fête?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin's.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lisa find after she leaves Stavrogin's?
2. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
3. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
4. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
5. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)