|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stepan ask of the police during the search?
(a) He demands the name of the officer in charge.
(b) He asks for a more thorough search.
(c) He asks for money as an inducement to help them.
(d) He asks for immunity if he testifies against Peter.
2. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
(a) They mock him for his pretentiousness.
(b) They admire his charisma.
(c) They are impressed with his wealth.
(d) They are afraid of his temper.
3. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
(a) He asks her to send the money she owes him.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He asks her for money.
(d) He asks her to work for him in his house.
4. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
(a) He thought she was unredeemably lost.
(b) He thought she was better than anyone he knew.
(c) He thought she was secretly malicious.
(d) He thought she was a tease.
5. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(b) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
(c) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(d) A seamstress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lisa Tushin killed?
2. Who does Peter leave Virginsky's house to meet?
3. Who chases after Lisa when she leaves Stavrogin's house?
4. Where is The Possessed set?
5. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)