|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it a mistake to charge a high price for the fête?
(a) Expensive tickets excluded the writers.
(b) No one could afford to come.
(c) The people expected to be entertained.
(d) The people who came wanted food.
2. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
(a) They are wildly enthusiastic about the upcoming elections.
(b) They are dutifully enlisting for the military.
(c) They are running wild.
(d) They are collecting money for the poor.
3. What weapons do Stavrogin and Gaganov use for the duel?
4. Who acts as Gaganov's second in the duel?
(a) Mr. Drozdov.
(c) Mr. Lemke.
5. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
(b) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
2. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
3. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
4. Who is Lisa Tushin?
5. How has public opinion shifted on the eve of the fête?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)