|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
(b) Whether he has fought a duel.
(c) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
(d) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
2. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
(a) Peter says it was because of the 'demon of irony' in him.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin says it was because her son was rebellious.
(c) Nicholas says it was because he was in love.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin says it was because Nicholas is sentimental and stupid.
3. Who alone knows the purpose of the meeting at Virginsky's house?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. What are Shatov's political views?
(a) He is a staunch conservative.
(b) He is not invested in politics.
(c) He is extremely liberal.
(d) He is a radical agitator.
5. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
2. What cover do the fifteen people use for gathering at Virginsky's house?
3. What had some poor people done to prepare for the fête?
4. What is Stepan's impression of the confrontation that took place at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
5. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)