|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Lembke?
(a) A German member of the elite.
(b) A judge in the district where Stavrogin dueled.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin's lawyer.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin's brother-in-law.
2. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Peter's antics about Dasha.
(b) Stepan's unconscionable behavior.
(c) Peter's insults.
(d) Stepan's radical views.
3. What is Gaganov's response to Kirilov?
(a) He refuses to accept the apology.
(b) He calls off the duel.
(c) He insults Kirilov and offered to duel with him as well.
(d) He refuses the offer of money.
4. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
(a) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's half-sister.
(b) That Stavrogin is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) That Shatov is married to Lary Lebyatkin.
(d) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's sister.
5. Why does Lisa want to leave Stavrogin at the beginning of the Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Stavrogin told her he didn't love her.
(b) She wanted to report his murder to the police.
(c) They have begun to quarrel.
(d) Stavrogin confessed to killing Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
2. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
3. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
4. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
5. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)