|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
(a) Nicholas had redeemed her from prison.
(b) Nicholas had fought a duel over her.
(c) Nicholas seduced her in Moscow.
(d) Nicholas owed her brother money.
2. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
(a) An uprising.
(b) To leave for Moscow.
(c) To kill Shatov and Liputin.
(d) Marry Mary Lebyatkin.
3. Why was it a mistake to charge a high price for the fête?
(a) No one could afford to come.
(b) Expensive tickets excluded the writers.
(c) The people expected to be entertained.
(d) The people who came wanted food.
4. How many people are in Peter Verkhovensky's secret group of radicals?
5. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) She will still pay him an allowance.
(b) She will not give him anything.
(c) He can return any time he likes.
(d) She will give him a little money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
2. In whose house is Peter spreading rumors in the days before the fête?
3. How does Mrs. Lembke participate in Peter's plans?
4. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
5. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)