|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 3, The End of a Love Affair and Chapter 4, The Last Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Virginsky?
(a) A local official.
(b) A professor at the university.
(c) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A radical agitator.
2. Whose influence has Mr. Lembke come under?
(a) His wife's.
(b) His son's.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky's.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
3. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In Novgorod.
(c) In St. Petersburg.
(d) In the Russian provinces.
4. What is the real purpose of the gathering at Virginsky's house?
(a) Planning to overthrow the government.
(b) A planning meeting for Mrs. Lembke's fête.
(c) A radical political meeting.
(d) A literary club meeting.
5. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
(a) To leave the house without his mother knowing.
(b) To pay off some of his debts.
(c) To convey his marriage proposal to Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) To steal money from his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
3. What is Stepan's impression of the confrontation that took place at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
4. What does Stepan think about marriage?
5. Who acts as Gaganov's second in the duel?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)