|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
(b) He is ironic and disbelieving.
(c) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(d) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
2. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(b) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(c) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(d) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
3. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
(a) His sister, Shatov and Kirlov.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Nicholas Stavrogin.
5. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
(a) Miss Lebyatkin.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Lisa Tushin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kirilov?
2. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
4. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)