|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) His mother.
(b) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
(c) Shatov and Kirilov.
(d) The local constabulary.
2. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Lisa Tushin.
(b) Nicholas and Dasha.
(c) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
3. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
(b) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
(c) He is not respected.
(d) He is highly respected.
4. Who is Shatov?
(a) A banker from Moscow.
(b) A local official.
(c) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A local doctor.
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
(b) He is a local bureaucrat.
(c) He is an elected official.
(d) He is a social researcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stepan think about marriage?
2. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
3. How does Peter plan to instigate his father?
4. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
5. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)