|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
(a) Stepan Verkhovensky and Lisa Tushin.
(b) Shatov and Liputin.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky and Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Mary Lebyatkin and Mrs. Drozdov.
2. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(b) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
(c) Finding a job for her son.
(d) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
3. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
(a) Nicholas Stavrogin.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Peter Verkhovensky.
4. Who is Liputin?
(a) A liberal official.
(b) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(d) A local banker.
5. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Nicholas and Dasha.
(c) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
(d) Lisa Tushin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
2. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
4. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
5. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)