|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan's impression of the confrontation that took place at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) That Mrs. Stavrogin had let her son have too much rein.
(b) That Peter was out to assassinate people's characters.
(c) That Peter had planned it all along.
(d) That Stavrogin needed to be taken down.
2. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to lend her money.
(b) She wants him to join a business venture.
(c) She wants him to find her a husband.
(d) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
3. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) His mother.
(b) The local constabulary.
(c) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
(d) Shatov and Kirilov.
4. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Nicholas Stavrogin and Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Lisa, Miss Lebyatkin and Verkhovensky, Shatov, and the narrator.
(c) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Virginsky and Dasha.
(d) With a declaration of love between Mrs. Stavrogin and Lebyatkin.
5. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
(a) They are impressed with his wealth.
(b) They admire his charisma.
(c) They mock him for his pretentiousness.
(d) They are afraid of his temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
2. What is Peter predicting in the time after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
3. Who is Kirilov?
4. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
5. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)