|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin.
2. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(b) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
(c) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(d) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
3. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
(a) He is said to drink and beat his sister.
(b) He is said to gamble and corrupt young women.
(c) He is said to have killed a man.
(d) He is said to be honest and upstanding.
4. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
(a) They mock him for his pretentiousness.
(b) They admire his charisma.
(c) They are impressed with his wealth.
(d) They are afraid of his temper.
5. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
(a) That Nicholas is disreputable.
(b) That Nicholas is a radical agitator.
(c) That Nicholas is dying.
(d) That Nicholas is mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
2. In what way do Virginsky and Shatov resemble one another?
3. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
4. How does Chapter 5 begin?
5. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)