|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
(a) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to plant incriminating evidence.
(b) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to convey messages to Gaganov's daughter.
(c) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to be his second.
(d) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to distract Gaganov.
2. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(b) He thinks it will corrupt him.
(c) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(d) He misses being married.
3. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
(a) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's half-sister.
(b) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's sister.
(c) That Shatov is married to Lary Lebyatkin.
(d) That Stavrogin is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
4. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(b) She wants him to join a business venture.
(c) She wants him to lend her money.
(d) She wants him to find her a husband.
5. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
2. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
3. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
4. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)