|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(b) He thinks it will corrupt him.
(c) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(d) He misses being married.
2. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
(a) He warns him that he will be implicated in Peter's conspiracy.
(b) He warns him that members of the society might try to kill him.
(c) He warns him that his mother will want him to leave town.
(d) He warns him that his wife might not come home now.
3. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
(b) They have been estranged.
(c) They have become mortal enemies.
(d) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
4. Who is Shatov?
(a) A banker from Moscow.
(b) A local official.
(c) A former student of Verkhovensky's.
(d) A local doctor.
5. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Peter Verkhovensky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Liputin?
2. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
3. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
4. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
5. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)