|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
(a) He poisoned the man who had killed his father.
(b) In self defense, when he was being robbed.
(c) In a duel.
(d) Accidentally, when his horse trampled the man.
2. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) His sister, Shatov and Kirlov.
3. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
(b) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
(d) Whether he has fought a duel.
4. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
(a) He is a bully.
(b) He is a brave soldier.
(c) He is a respected leader.
(d) He is a deserter.
5. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
(b) They have been estranged.
(c) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
(d) They have become mortal enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter predicting in the time after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
2. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
3. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
4. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
5. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)