|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) Miss Lebyatkin.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Lisa Tushin.
2. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(b) Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
3. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
(a) He warns him that his mother will want him to leave town.
(b) He warns him that he will be implicated in Peter's conspiracy.
(c) He warns him that his wife might not come home now.
(d) He warns him that members of the society might try to kill him.
4. What consequence does Stavrogin suffer after he is punched in the face?
(a) He has to stay home while the bone sets.
(b) He is unconscious for a week.
(c) He needs surgery.
(d) He comes down with an illness.
5. How does Peter plan to instigate his father?
(a) He tries to ruin Stavrogin's reputation.
(b) He tells Mrs. Stavrogin lies about his father.
(c) He circulates rumors about Dasha.
(d) He tries to seduce Dasha himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
2. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
3. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
4. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
5. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)