|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have become mortal enemies.
(b) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
(c) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
(d) They have been estranged.
2. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
(a) He is said to have killed a man.
(b) He is said to drink and beat his sister.
(c) He is said to be honest and upstanding.
(d) He is said to gamble and corrupt young women.
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He answers her with a question about her own plans.
(c) He answers yes.
(d) He says no.
4. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(b) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
(c) Finding a job for her son.
(d) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
5. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
(a) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to distract Gaganov.
(b) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to plant incriminating evidence.
(c) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to convey messages to Gaganov's daughter.
(d) Stavrogin asks Kirilov to be his second.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
3. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
4. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
5. Who is Liputin?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)