|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) Defending Nicholas Stavrogin's reputation.
(b) Spreading rumors about what took place there.
(c) Defending Miss Lebyatkin's reputation.
(d) Plotting to kill Stavrogin.
2. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain spent it on drink.
(b) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
(c) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
(d) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
3. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) He found his poverty heartbreaking.
(b) He was impressed by his opulence.
(c) He found his buffoonish behavior amusing.
(d) He wanted to help Peter's friends.
4. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
(a) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) Start an uprising.
(c) Leave for Paris.
(d) Propose to Lisa Tushin.
5. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
(a) That Nicholas is dying.
(b) That Nicholas is mad.
(c) That Nicholas is a radical agitator.
(d) That Nicholas is disreputable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lisa Tushin?
2. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
3. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
4. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
5. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)