|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain spent it on drink.
(b) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
(c) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
(d) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
2. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(a) Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He is a social researcher.
(b) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
(c) He is an elected official.
(d) He is a local bureaucrat.
4. Who is Kirilov?
(a) A political agitator from Moscow.
(b) A friend of Shatov's and Mrs. Stavrogin's neighbor.
(c) A friend of Peter Verkhovensky and Nicholas Stavrogin's.
(d) A local official and former political prisoner.
5. What are Shatov's political views?
(a) He is a staunch conservative.
(b) He is extremely liberal.
(c) He is a radical agitator.
(d) He is not invested in politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter predicting in the time after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
2. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
3. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
4. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
5. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)