|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
(b) He fell in love with her.
(c) He thought she was an angel.
(d) He took no notice of her.
2. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
(a) He does not let politics interfere with his art.
(b) He is an informant working with the government to clamp down on dissenters.
(c) He is rebellious and frequently in trouble with the law.
(d) He is afraid of the government, but likes to be seen as liberal.
3. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
(a) He thought she was secretly malicious.
(b) He thought she was better than anyone he knew.
(c) He thought she was unredeemably lost.
(d) He thought she was a tease.
4. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) He wanted to help Peter's friends.
(b) He found his poverty heartbreaking.
(c) He found his buffoonish behavior amusing.
(d) He was impressed by his opulence.
5. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He misses being married.
(b) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(c) He thinks it will corrupt him.
(d) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
2. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
3. Who is Lisa Tushin?
4. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
5. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)