|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
(a) Marry Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) To kill Shatov and Liputin.
(c) To leave for Moscow.
(d) An uprising.
2. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
(a) He believes that a man-god will preach happiness.
(b) He believes that man is eternally confounded by a split in his nature.
(c) He believes that man can only be known by his actions, not by his spirit.
(d) He believes that the students protestors are going to overthrow the government.
3. Who is Liputin?
(a) A liberal official.
(b) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(d) A local banker.
4. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Finding a job for her son.
(b) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(c) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
(d) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
5. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(b) Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
2. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
3. Who is Shatov?
4. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)