|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky and Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) Mary Lebyatkin and Mrs. Drozdov.
(c) Shatov and Liputin.
(d) Stepan Verkhovensky and Lisa Tushin.
2. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In Novgorod.
(c) In the Russian provinces.
(d) In St. Petersburg.
3. How has Shatov prepared to defend himself against Stavrogin?
(a) He hid himself.
(b) He hired bodyguards.
(c) He bought a revolver.
(d) He prayed.
4. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
(b) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
(c) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
(d) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
5. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Miss Lebyatkin.
(c) Lisa Tushin.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
2. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
3. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
4. What is Stepan's impression of the confrontation that took place at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
5. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)