|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to lend her money.
(b) She wants him to join a business venture.
(c) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(d) She wants him to find her a husband.
2. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
(b) The local constabulary.
(c) Shatov and Kirilov.
(d) His mother.
3. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In St. Petersburg.
(c) In the Russian provinces.
(d) In Novgorod.
4. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
(a) Peter says it was because of the 'demon of irony' in him.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin says it was because her son was rebellious.
(c) Nicholas says it was because he was in love.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin says it was because Nicholas is sentimental and stupid.
5. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
(b) He thought she was an angel.
(c) He fell in love with her.
(d) He took no notice of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
2. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
3. What has Peter Verkhovensky been doing in the week since the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
4. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
5. How does Peter plan to instigate his father?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)