|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(c) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
(d) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
2. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
(a) Shatov and Liputin.
(b) Stepan Verkhovensky and Lisa Tushin.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky and Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Mary Lebyatkin and Mrs. Drozdov.
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He is a local bureaucrat.
(b) He is an elected official.
(c) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
(d) He is a social researcher.
4. Who is Virginsky?
(a) A professor at the university.
(b) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(c) A local official.
(d) A radical agitator.
5. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(b) He is ironic and disbelieving.
(c) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
(d) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
2. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
3. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
4. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
5. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)