|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Night and Chapter 2, Night Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Virginsky?
(a) A student of Verkhovensky's.
(b) A radical agitator.
(c) A local official.
(d) A professor at the university.
2. What plan does Mrs. Stavrogin make for Verhovensky?
(a) She asks him to marry Dasha.
(b) She sends her Verkhovensky to get her son from prison.
(c) She asks him to bring her son home.
(d) She asks him to tutor her son.
3. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
(b) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
(c) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
(d) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
4. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to lend her money.
(b) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(c) She wants him to join a business venture.
(d) She wants him to find her a husband.
5. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
(a) Publishing a yearly compendium of articles.
(b) Finding a job for her son.
(c) Getting herself out of debt so she can buy a cottage.
(d) Finding a husband for her and a father for her girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
2. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
4. Who is Liputin?
5. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)