|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(b) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
2. What cover do the fifteen people use for gathering at Virginsky's house?
(a) They are there to celerate the birth of his son.
(b) They are there to help him through his illness.
(c) They are there to help him move.
(d) They are there to celebrate his birthday.
3. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
(b) Nicholas Stavrogin.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
(a) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had tried to arrange for Nicholas to marry Dasha.
(b) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just been diagnosed with a fatal illness.
(c) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just paid all her son's gambling debts.
(d) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin asked him if he thought Nicholas was mad.
5. What is the real purpose of the gathering at Virginsky's house?
(a) A literary club meeting.
(b) A planning meeting for Mrs. Lembke's fête.
(c) Planning to overthrow the government.
(d) A radical political meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
2. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
3. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
4. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
5. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)