|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) Shatov and Nicholas Stavrogin.
(c) Captain Lebyatkin and his sister.
2. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He is ironic and disbelieving.
(b) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
(c) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
(d) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
3. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
(a) She is becoming more utilitarian and modern.
(b) She is becoming more reserved and conservative.
(c) She is becoming more fearful and reactionary.
(d) She is becoming more prophetic and visionary.
4. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(b) They were in the military together.
(c) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(d) It is not clear what their relationship was.
5. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
(a) An attack on a general's wife.
(b) The publication of a radical poem.
(c) A flood in a mine.
(d) A cholera outbreak at a factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
2. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
3. Mrs. Lembke bestows her favors in spite of what?
4. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
5. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)