|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(b) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(c) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
(d) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
2. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
(a) Nicholas had redeemed her from prison.
(b) Nicholas owed her brother money.
(c) Nicholas had fought a duel over her.
(d) Nicholas seduced her in Moscow.
3. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky's studies.
(b) Liputin's encounters with Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) Dasha's former engagements.
(d) Nicholas Stavrogin's political opinions.
4. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
(a) Guests must pledge loyalty to the Czar.
(b) Guests must read a radical essay by Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Guests must purchase a subscription to her new literary magazine.
(d) Guests must volunteer to subvert the rich.
5. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
(b) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
(c) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
(d) The Captain spent it on drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
2. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
3. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
4. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
5. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)