|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lisa Tushin?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) A woman who had a relationship with Nicholas.
(c) A schoolmistress in St. Petersburg.
(d) A neighbor of Mrs. Stavrogin's.
2. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
(a) Peter says it was because of the 'demon of irony' in him.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin says it was because her son was rebellious.
(c) Nicholas says it was because he was in love.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin says it was because Nicholas is sentimental and stupid.
3. In whose house is Peter spreading rumors in the days before the fête?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin's.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
4. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
(b) The local constabulary.
(c) His mother.
(d) Shatov and Kirilov.
5. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(b) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
(c) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
(d) He is ironic and disbelieving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
2. What does Stepan think about marriage?
3. What cover do the fifteen people use for gathering at Virginsky's house?
4. Mrs. Lembke bestows her favors in spite of what?
5. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)