|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
(a) She hopes they are punished for their violence.
(b) She hopes to rehabilitate them.
(c) She hopes they are rewarded for their devotion.
(d) She hopes they succeed in their anarchistic plans.
2. Whose influence has Mr. Lembke come under?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky's.
(c) His son's.
(d) His wife's.
3. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
(a) Shatov and Nicholas Stavrogin.
(c) Captain Lebyatkin and his sister.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With a declaration of love between Mrs. Stavrogin and Lebyatkin.
(b) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Nicholas Stavrogin and Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Lisa, Miss Lebyatkin and Verkhovensky, Shatov, and the narrator.
(d) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Virginsky and Dasha.
5. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) She accuses him of being a dilettante and a fraud.
(b) She accuses him of having seduced Dasha.
(c) She accuses him of stealing from her.
(d) She accuses him of conspiring against the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stepan think about marriage?
2. Which one of these characters is NOT in Peter's secret group?
3. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
4. What belief does Kirilov profess to Stavrogin?
5. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)