|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
(b) St. Petersburg.
2. How does Peter plan to instigate his father?
(a) He tries to ruin Stavrogin's reputation.
(b) He tries to seduce Dasha himself.
(c) He circulates rumors about Dasha.
(d) He tells Mrs. Stavrogin lies about his father.
3. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin says it was because her son was rebellious.
(b) Peter says it was because of the 'demon of irony' in him.
(c) Captain Lebyatkin says it was because Nicholas is sentimental and stupid.
(d) Nicholas says it was because he was in love.
4. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) She accuses him of conspiring against the government.
(b) She accuses him of stealing from her.
(c) She accuses him of having seduced Dasha.
(d) She accuses him of being a dilettante and a fraud.
5. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
(a) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had tried to arrange for Nicholas to marry Dasha.
(b) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just paid all her son's gambling debts.
(c) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just been diagnosed with a fatal illness.
(d) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin asked him if he thought Nicholas was mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
2. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
3. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
4. Mrs. Lembke bestows her favors in spite of what?
5. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)