|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's feeling about the fête?
(a) She is helping Mrs. Lembke.
(b) She is co-sponsoring the fête.
(c) She envies Mrs. Lembke.
(d) She is appalled that people would come for Mrs. Lembke.
2. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
(b) Captain Lebyatkin and his sister.
(c) Shatov and Nicholas Stavrogin.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
3. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
(a) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just been diagnosed with a fatal illness.
(b) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had tried to arrange for Nicholas to marry Dasha.
(c) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin had just paid all her son's gambling debts.
(d) He tells Verkhovensky that Mrs. Stavrogin asked him if he thought Nicholas was mad.
4. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
(a) Stepan Verkhovensky and Lisa Tushin.
(b) Mary Lebyatkin and Mrs. Drozdov.
(c) Shatov and Liputin.
(d) Peter Verkhovensky and Captain Lebyatkin.
5. What is the real purpose of the gathering at Virginsky's house?
(a) A planning meeting for Mrs. Lembke's fête.
(b) A radical political meeting.
(c) Planning to overthrow the government.
(d) A literary club meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
2. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
5. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)