|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
(a) That Stavrogin is a government spy.
(b) That Verkhovensky is a murderer.
(c) That Mr. Lembke is having an affair.
(d) That Mrs. Lembke is an anarchist.
2. What is Peter predicting in the time after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) That he will bomb a prominent government location.
(b) That Nicholas will be killed.
(c) That Nicholas will kill Shatov.
(d) That he will incite riots and protests.
3. Who is Kirilov?
(a) A political agitator from Moscow.
(b) A friend of Peter Verkhovensky and Nicholas Stavrogin's.
(c) A friend of Shatov's and Mrs. Stavrogin's neighbor.
(d) A local official and former political prisoner.
4. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
(a) Propose to Lisa Tushin.
(b) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Start an uprising.
(d) Leave for Paris.
5. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
(a) He seduces a general's wife.
(b) He bites his general's ear.
(c) He kills himself and his fellow officers.
(d) He refuses to go to the Crimea with his regiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Lembke bestows her favors in spite of what?
2. What does Liputin answer Stepan when Stepan asks him questions at their meeting?
3. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
4. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
5. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)