|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Nicholas Stavrogin.
2. What warning does Stavrogin give to Shatov at the end of their conversation?
(a) He warns him that his mother will want him to leave town.
(b) He warns him that members of the society might try to kill him.
(c) He warns him that he will be implicated in Peter's conspiracy.
(d) He warns him that his wife might not come home now.
3. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) His sister, Shatov and Kirlov.
4. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(b) He misses being married.
(c) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(d) He thinks it will corrupt him.
5. In whose house is Peter spreading rumors in the days before the fête?
(c) Captain Lebyatkin's.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's feeling about the fête?
2. Who is Kirilov?
3. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
4. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
5. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)