|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) He found his poverty heartbreaking.
(b) He wanted to help Peter's friends.
(c) He was impressed by his opulence.
(d) He found his buffoonish behavior amusing.
2. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
3. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(b) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(c) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
(d) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
(a) He says no.
(b) He answers her with a question about her own plans.
(c) He does not answer.
(d) He answers yes.
5. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) His mother.
(b) The local constabulary.
(c) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
(d) Shatov and Kirilov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem might Stavrogin have with his plan?
2. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
3. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
4. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
5. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)