|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(a) Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
2. Who alone knows the purpose of the meeting at Virginsky's house?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
3. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
(a) Gaganov had been insulting Stavrogin.
(b) Gaganov's father had been an enemy of Stavrogin's father's.
(c) Gaganov had threatened to take Mary Lebyatkin away from Stavrogin.
(d) Gaganov had threatened to evict Mrs. Stavrogin from her estate.
4. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
(a) To steal money from his mother.
(b) To leave the house without his mother knowing.
(c) To pay off some of his debts.
(d) To convey his marriage proposal to Mary Lebyatkin.
5. Whom does Nicholas visit in Part II, Chapter 2?
(a) Captain and Miss Lebyatkin.
(b) His mother.
(c) The local constabulary.
(d) Shatov and Kirilov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
2. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
4. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
5. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)