|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas ask his servant to help him do after Peter leaves?
(a) To steal money from his mother.
(b) To leave the house without his mother knowing.
(c) To pay off some of his debts.
(d) To convey his marriage proposal to Mary Lebyatkin.
2. What is Stepan and Peter Verkhovensky's relationship like?
(a) They have been closer ever since Stepah fled to the provinces.
(b) They have been estranged.
(c) They have become mortal enemies.
(d) They have been in touch as Peter traveled.
3. Who alone knows the purpose of the meeting at Virginsky's house?
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
(a) That Stavrogin is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's half-sister.
(c) That Shatov is married to Lary Lebyatkin.
(d) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's sister.
5. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) She accuses him of having seduced Dasha.
(b) She accuses him of being a dilettante and a fraud.
(c) She accuses him of stealing from her.
(d) She accuses him of conspiring against the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
2. Who is Lisa Tushin?
3. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
4. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
5. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)