|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
(a) Nicholas says it was because he was in love.
(b) Peter says it was because of the 'demon of irony' in him.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin says it was because her son was rebellious.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin says it was because Nicholas is sentimental and stupid.
2. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Peter's antics about Dasha.
(b) Peter's insults.
(c) Stepan's radical views.
(d) Stepan's unconscionable behavior.
3. How does Peter plan to instigate his father?
(a) He tries to seduce Dasha himself.
(b) He tries to ruin Stavrogin's reputation.
(c) He tells Mrs. Stavrogin lies about his father.
(d) He circulates rumors about Dasha.
4. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
(b) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(c) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(d) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
5. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
2. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
3. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
4. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
5. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)