|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nicholas' relationship with Dasha, according to Liputin?
(a) Nicholas owed her brother money.
(b) Nicholas seduced her in Moscow.
(c) Nicholas had fought a duel over her.
(d) Nicholas had redeemed her from prison.
2. Where does Verkhovensky hear that the rumor he heard about Dasha is true?
(a) From Liputin and a friend of Peter's.
(b) From Dasha and Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) From Lebyatkin.
(d) From Shatov.
3. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Nicholas Stavrogin and Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Virginsky and Dasha.
(c) With a declaration of love between Mrs. Stavrogin and Lebyatkin.
(d) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Lisa, Miss Lebyatkin and Verkhovensky, Shatov, and the narrator.
4. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
(a) She is becoming more fearful and reactionary.
(b) She is becoming more prophetic and visionary.
(c) She is becoming more reserved and conservative.
(d) She is becoming more utilitarian and modern.
5. What is Peter Verkhovensky concerned about when he rushes out of Virginsky's house?
(a) Getting his manuscript to the press in time for printing.
(b) An arrest warrant that has been issued for him.
(c) A letter that might expose the group.
(d) A raid that is planned for his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
2. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
3. What is Shigalyov's plan for the new social organization?
4. Which one of these characters is NOT in Peter's secret group?
5. Who is Lisa Tushin?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)