|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
(a) With Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) On the streets.
(c) In their family's estate.
(d) With Peter Verkhovensky.
2. What does Stepan think about marriage?
(a) He thinks it is an outdated institution.
(b) He thinks it is every man's duty.
(c) He misses being married.
(d) He thinks it will corrupt him.
3. Who does Peter leave Virginsky's house to meet?
(a) His father.
(b) Kirilov and Stavrogin.
(c) Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Lisa Tushin.
4. What do we learn from Stavrogin's confrontation with Shatov?
(a) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's half-sister.
(b) That Mary Lebyatkin is Stavrogin's sister.
(c) That Shatov is married to Lary Lebyatkin.
(d) That Stavrogin is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
5. What is Verkhovensky ashamed of?
(a) He is ashamed of Mrs. Stavrogin's control over his liberty.
(b) He is ashamed of his students' mediocre performance at university.
(c) He is ashamed of Dasha's ignorance and lack of good sense.
(d) He is ashamed of being asked to marry Dasha to hide her past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
2. What is the real purpose of the gathering at Virginsky's house?
3. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
4. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
5. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's feeling about the fête?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)