|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
(a) Propose to Lisa Tushin.
(b) Leave for Paris.
(c) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Start an uprising.
2. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(a) Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
3. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
(a) Guests must pledge loyalty to the Czar.
(b) Guests must volunteer to subvert the rich.
(c) Guests must purchase a subscription to her new literary magazine.
(d) Guests must read a radical essay by Peter Verkhovensky.
4. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(b) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(c) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(d) They were in the military together.
5. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
(a) He condescends to Kirilov, and treats him like a child.
(b) He is ironic and disbelieving.
(c) He is convinced and converted to Kirilov's views.
(d) He debates Kirilov at length, because he things his belief is missing key points.
Short Answer Questions
1. What imputation does Liputin make about Nicholas Stavrogin in his conversation with Kerkhovensky?
2. What is Kirilov's involvement in Stavrogin's plan?
3. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
4. How many previous marriages has Stepan Verkhovensky had?
5. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)