|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
(a) She hopes they are rewarded for their devotion.
(b) She hopes they are punished for their violence.
(c) She hopes they succeed in their anarchistic plans.
(d) She hopes to rehabilitate them.
2. What does Stavrogin believe in?
(a) The value of ancient farming methods.
(b) The governing potential of new industries.
(c) The right of the aristocrats to rule.
(d) The equality of slaves.
3. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
(a) Guests must purchase a subscription to her new literary magazine.
(b) Guests must pledge loyalty to the Czar.
(c) Guests must read a radical essay by Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Guests must volunteer to subvert the rich.
4. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
(a) He asks her to send the money she owes him.
(b) He asks her for money.
(c) He asks her to marry him.
(d) He asks her to work for him in his house.
5. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) He found his poverty heartbreaking.
(b) He was impressed by his opulence.
(c) He found his buffoonish behavior amusing.
(d) He wanted to help Peter's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be speaking at Mrs. Lembke's fête?
2. What is Stepan's impression of the confrontation that took place at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
3. Who alone knows the purpose of the meeting at Virginsky's house?
4. Who is Lisa Tushin?
5. Whom does Stavrogin defend from Peter?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)