|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would normally happen to youth who behave as these youth are behaving?
(a) They would work for the candidate who won.
(b) They would be sacrificed for the country in war.
(c) They would be sent to Siberia.
(d) They would be rewarded with status in the church.
2. What does Lebyatkin ask Lisa in a letter?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He asks her to send the money she owes him.
(c) He asks her for money.
(d) He asks her to work for him in his house.
3. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He fell in love with her.
(b) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
(c) He thought she was an angel.
(d) He took no notice of her.
4. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky and Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) Stepan Verkhovensky and Lisa Tushin.
(c) Shatov and Liputin.
(d) Mary Lebyatkin and Mrs. Drozdov.
5. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
(a) They are collecting money for the poor.
(b) They are running wild.
(c) They are dutifully enlisting for the military.
(d) They are wildly enthusiastic about the upcoming elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
2. What venture does Lisa approach Shatov for help with?
3. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
4. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
5. What does Stavrogin believe in?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)