|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) She will give him a little money.
(b) She will still pay him an allowance.
(c) She will not give him anything.
(d) He can return any time he likes.
2. Which topic is on the schedule of events for the fête?
(a) Renaissance cathedrals.
(b) Modern agricultural techniques.
(c) The Sistine Madonna.
(d) Spirituality in modern life.
3. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(b) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
(c) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(d) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
4. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He answers yes.
(c) He answers her with a question about her own plans.
(d) He says no.
5. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
(a) She hopes they are rewarded for their devotion.
(b) She hopes they succeed in their anarchistic plans.
(c) She hopes they are punished for their violence.
(d) She hopes to rehabilitate them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had some poor people done to prepare for the fête?
2. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
3. Who will be speaking at Mrs. Lembke's fête?
4. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
5. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)