|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
(b) Julia Lembke.
(c) A mad professor.
2. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
(a) Mary Lebyatkin and Mrs. Drozdov.
(b) Stepan Verkhovensky and Lisa Tushin.
(c) Shatov and Liputin.
(d) Peter Verkhovensky and Captain Lebyatkin.
3. Who is on the stage when Karminazov goes to speak?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Stepan Verkhovensky.
4. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) He was impressed by his opulence.
(b) He found his poverty heartbreaking.
(c) He wanted to help Peter's friends.
(d) He found his buffoonish behavior amusing.
5. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
(a) Writers and artists.
(b) Lower-class people.
(c) Criminals and prostitutes.
(d) Radical agitators.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
2. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
3. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
4. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
5. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)