|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He fell in love with her.
(b) He took no notice of her.
(c) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
(d) He thought she was an angel.
2. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
(b) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(c) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(d) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
3. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
(a) He seduces a general's wife.
(b) He refuses to go to the Crimea with his regiment.
(c) He bites his general's ear.
(d) He kills himself and his fellow officers.
4. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
(a) In their family's estate.
(b) On the streets.
(c) With Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) With Mrs. Stavrogin.
5. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
(a) Radical agitators.
(b) Criminals and prostitutes.
(c) Lower-class people.
(d) Writers and artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
2. Why was it a mistake to charge a high price for the fête?
3. How does Chapter 5 begin?
4. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
5. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)