|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Lembke bestows her favors in spite of what?
(a) Her ignorance of all diplomatic matters.
(b) The degeneration of the youths' behavior.
(c) The insults she receives from the local elite.
(d) The jokes the local writers make at her expense.
2. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) He found his poverty heartbreaking.
(b) He wanted to help Peter's friends.
(c) He was impressed by his opulence.
(d) He found his buffoonish behavior amusing.
3. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(b) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(c) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(d) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
4. The first chapter of Part 3 is set the day after what?
(a) The meeting at Virginsky's.
(b) The factory riot.
(c) Peter Verkhvensky's house being searched.
(d) Shatov's wife returns.
5. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
(a) Guests must read a radical essay by Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Guests must purchase a subscription to her new literary magazine.
(c) Guests must pledge loyalty to the Czar.
(d) Guests must volunteer to subvert the rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
2. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
3. Who is on the stage when Karminazov goes to speak?
4. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's feeling about the fête?
5. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)