|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
(a) He thought she was secretly malicious.
(b) He thought she was unredeemably lost.
(c) He thought she was better than anyone he knew.
(d) He thought she was a tease.
2. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
(a) He kills himself and his fellow officers.
(b) He refuses to go to the Crimea with his regiment.
(c) He seduces a general's wife.
(d) He bites his general's ear.
3. In whose house is Peter spreading rumors in the days before the fête?
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin's.
4. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
(c) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
(d) Whether he has fought a duel.
5. Who does the chief of police begin to arrest?
(a) The people who disseminate radical literature.
(b) The people who complain about the lack of food.
(c) The people who bring alcohol into the fête.
(d) The people who set fire to the hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
2. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
3. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
4. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
5. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)