|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
(c) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
(d) Whether he has fought a duel.
2. Who does the chief of police begin to arrest?
(a) The people who complain about the lack of food.
(b) The people who set fire to the hall.
(c) The people who bring alcohol into the fête.
(d) The people who disseminate radical literature.
3. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky.
4. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Stepan's unconscionable behavior.
(b) Stepan's radical views.
(c) Peter's antics about Dasha.
(d) Peter's insults.
5. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He thought she was an angel.
(b) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
(c) He took no notice of her.
(d) He fell in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
2. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
3. Who is Mrs. Lembke hosting in her salon?
4. Why do the townspeople think the Lebyatkins were killed?
5. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)