|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
(b) Nicholas and Dasha.
(d) Lisa Tushin.
2. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
(b) Julia Lembke.
(d) A mad professor.
3. Who does the chief of police begin to arrest?
(a) The people who bring alcohol into the fête.
(b) The people who complain about the lack of food.
(c) The people who disseminate radical literature.
(d) The people who set fire to the hall.
4. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
(a) She hopes they are rewarded for their devotion.
(b) She hopes to rehabilitate them.
(c) She hopes they are punished for their violence.
(d) She hopes they succeed in their anarchistic plans.
5. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
(b) The Captain spent it on drink.
(c) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
(d) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has public opinion shifted on the eve of the fête?
2. Mrs. Lembke bestows her favors in spite of what?
3. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
4. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
5. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)