|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) He found his poverty heartbreaking.
(b) He found his buffoonish behavior amusing.
(c) He was impressed by his opulence.
(d) He wanted to help Peter's friends.
2. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(b) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(c) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(d) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
3. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Nicholas Stavrogin.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He took no notice of her.
(b) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
(c) He fell in love with her.
(d) He thought she was an angel.
5. Who will be speaking at Mrs. Lembke's fête?
(a) Karmazinov and Stepan Verkhovensky.
(b) Peter Verhovensky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the stage when Karminazov goes to speak?
2. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
3. What kind of speech does Stepan Verkhovensky give?
4. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
5. Who is Mrs. Lembke hosting in her salon?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)