|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first chapter of Part 3 is set the day after what?
(a) Peter Verkhvensky's house being searched.
(b) The factory riot.
(c) The meeting at Virginsky's.
(d) Shatov's wife returns.
2. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
(a) A cholera outbreak at a factory.
(b) The publication of a radical poem.
(c) A flood in a mine.
(d) An attack on a general's wife.
3. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) She accuses him of stealing from her.
(b) She accuses him of being a dilettante and a fraud.
(c) She accuses him of conspiring against the government.
(d) She accuses him of having seduced Dasha.
4. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
(b) The Captain spent it on drink.
(c) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
(d) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
5. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
(b) Julia Lembke.
(d) A mad professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
2. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
3. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
4. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
5. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)