|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
(b) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(c) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(d) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
2. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
(a) A call for revolution.
(b) A patriotic ode.
(c) A pastoral idyll.
(d) An obscene farce.
3. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
(a) A flood in a mine.
(b) The publication of a radical poem.
(c) A cholera outbreak at a factory.
(d) An attack on a general's wife.
4. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin.
5. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Nicholas Stavrogin and Captain Lebyatkin.
(b) With a declaration of love between Mrs. Stavrogin and Lebyatkin.
(c) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Virginsky and Dasha.
(d) With a confrontation between Mrs. Stavrogin, Lisa, Miss Lebyatkin and Verkhovensky, Shatov, and the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be speaking at Mrs. Lembke's fête?
2. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
3. In whose house is Peter spreading rumors in the days before the fête?
4. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
5. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)