|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
(a) They are running wild.
(b) They are wildly enthusiastic about the upcoming elections.
(c) They are dutifully enlisting for the military.
(d) They are collecting money for the poor.
2. Who does Peter allow into the fête?
(a) Radical agitators.
(b) Writers and artists.
(c) Lower-class people.
(d) Criminals and prostitutes.
3. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
(c) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
(d) Whether he has fought a duel.
4. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
(a) A patriotic ode.
(b) An obscene farce.
(c) A call for revolution.
(d) A pastoral idyll.
5. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
(a) She hopes they are punished for their violence.
(b) She hopes they are rewarded for their devotion.
(c) She hopes to rehabilitate them.
(d) She hopes they succeed in their anarchistic plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
2. Whose influence has Mr. Lembke come under?
3. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
4. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
5. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)