|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the chief of police begin to arrest?
(a) The people who disseminate radical literature.
(b) The people who set fire to the hall.
(c) The people who bring alcohol into the fête.
(d) The people who complain about the lack of food.
2. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
(b) A mad professor.
(c) Julia Lembke.
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
(a) He answers yes.
(b) He says no.
(c) He does not answer.
(d) He answers her with a question about her own plans.
4. Who will be speaking at Mrs. Lembke's fête?
(a) Peter Verhovensky.
(d) Karmazinov and Stepan Verkhovensky.
5. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
(a) A pastoral idyll.
(b) A call for revolution.
(c) A patriotic ode.
(d) An obscene farce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
2. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
3. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
4. Who is Mrs. Lembke hosting in her salon?
5. How does Chapter 5 begin?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)