|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose influence has Mr. Lembke come under?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His son's.
2. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's feeling about the fête?
(a) She is co-sponsoring the fête.
(b) She envies Mrs. Lembke.
(c) She is appalled that people would come for Mrs. Lembke.
(d) She is helping Mrs. Lembke.
3. Mrs. Lembke bestows her favors in spite of what?
(a) Her ignorance of all diplomatic matters.
(b) The insults she receives from the local elite.
(c) The degeneration of the youths' behavior.
(d) The jokes the local writers make at her expense.
4. What kind of speech does Stepan Verkhovensky give?
(a) A jeremiad against the people themselves.
(b) An attack on materialism.
(c) A defense of high culture.
(d) A justification of revolutionary acts.
5. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
(a) They are dutifully enlisting for the military.
(b) They are wildly enthusiastic about the upcoming elections.
(c) They are running wild.
(d) They are collecting money for the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
2. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
3. Who will be speaking at Mrs. Lembke's fête?
4. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
5. Why do the townspeople think the Lebyatkins were killed?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)