|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Peter's antics about Dasha.
(b) Peter's insults.
(c) Stepan's unconscionable behavior.
(d) Stepan's radical views.
2. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) He wanted to help Peter's friends.
(b) He was impressed by his opulence.
(c) He found his poverty heartbreaking.
(d) He found his buffoonish behavior amusing.
3. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(b) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(c) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
(d) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
4. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
(b) A mad professor.
(d) Julia Lembke.
5. What does Mrs. Stavrogin ask her son when he arrives?
(a) Whether he has any new gambling debts.
(b) Whether he is married to Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) Whether he has fought a duel.
(d) Whether he is leaving her all alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
2. Why do the townspeople think the Lebyatkins were killed?
3. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
4. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
5. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)