|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
(a) She hopes to rehabilitate them.
(b) She hopes they succeed in their anarchistic plans.
(c) She hopes they are rewarded for their devotion.
(d) She hopes they are punished for their violence.
2. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
(a) He bites his general's ear.
(b) He refuses to go to the Crimea with his regiment.
(c) He kills himself and his fellow officers.
(d) He seduces a general's wife.
3. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin.
4. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
(d) St. Petersburg.
5. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
(b) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(c) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
(d) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
2. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
3. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
4. Why do the townspeople think the Lebyatkins were killed?
5. What rumors is Peter spreading in the days before the fête?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)