|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
(a) He says no.
(b) He answers yes.
(c) He answers her with a question about her own plans.
(d) He does not answer.
2. Whose influence has Mr. Lembke come under?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky's.
(b) His son's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
3. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
(c) St. Petersburg.
4. Why was it a mistake to charge a high price for the fête?
(a) Expensive tickets excluded the writers.
(b) The people who came wanted food.
(c) No one could afford to come.
(d) The people expected to be entertained.
5. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
(a) Guests must purchase a subscription to her new literary magazine.
(b) Guests must read a radical essay by Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Guests must volunteer to subvert the rich.
(d) Guests must pledge loyalty to the Czar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
2. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
3. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
4. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
5. How does Chapter 5 begin?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)