|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
(a) They begin to riot.
(b) They are bored.
(c) They sing Karminazov's praises.
(d) They weep at the beauty of it.
2. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(b) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(c) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(d) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
3. Why do the townspeople think the Lebyatkins were killed?
(a) To avenge their persecution of the aristocrats.
(b) To punish them for blackmailing the radical group.
(c) To limit the radicals' liabilities.
(d) To free Stavrogin to have his affair with Lisa Tushin.
4. How has public opinion shifted on the eve of the fête?
(a) The workers are anxious to disrupt the fête.
(b) The agitators have succeeded in turning the crowds against the government.
(c) It is now against Mrs. Lembke.
(d) The people are now in favor of change.
5. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
2. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
3. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
4. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
5. Who is on the stage when Karminazov goes to speak?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)