|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
(a) Guests must read a radical essay by Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Guests must purchase a subscription to her new literary magazine.
(c) Guests must pledge loyalty to the Czar.
(d) Guests must volunteer to subvert the rich.
2. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain spent it on drink.
(b) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
(c) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
(d) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
3. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
(a) A call for revolution.
(b) An obscene farce.
(c) A pastoral idyll.
(d) A patriotic ode.
4. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
(b) Julia Lembke.
(d) A mad professor.
5. Who is on the stage when Karminazov goes to speak?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin.
(d) Stepan Verkhovensky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Lembke hosting in her salon?
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
3. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
4. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
5. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)