|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it a mistake to charge a high price for the fête?
(a) The people who came wanted food.
(b) The people expected to be entertained.
(c) No one could afford to come.
(d) Expensive tickets excluded the writers.
2. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
(a) They weep at the beauty of it.
(b) They begin to riot.
(c) They are bored.
(d) They sing Karminazov's praises.
3. What kind of speech does Stepan Verkhovensky give?
(a) An attack on materialism.
(b) A defense of high culture.
(c) A jeremiad against the people themselves.
(d) A justification of revolutionary acts.
4. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(a) Mary Lebyatkin.
(b) Mrs. Stavrogin.
5. What had some poor people done to prepare for the fête?
(a) Stolen money from Lembke.
(b) Broken into the banquet hall.
(c) Pawned their belongings to buy gowns.
(d) Moved away to make room for Lembke's guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
2. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
3. Who takes the stage after Stepan Verkhovensky?
4. The first chapter of Part 3 is set the day after what?
5. What outrageous act does a local lieutenant commit?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)