|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
(a) Dasha and the Drozdovs.
(b) Nicholas and Dasha.
(d) Lisa Tushin.
2. What kind of poem does Liputin read to the crowd?
(a) A pastoral idyll.
(b) An obscene farce.
(c) A call for revolution.
(d) A patriotic ode.
3. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He thought she was an angel.
(b) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
(c) He fell in love with her.
(d) He took no notice of her.
4. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(b) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
(c) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(d) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
5. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(b) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(c) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
(d) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
2. Where were Captain Lebyatin and his sister living when Nicholas met them?
3. What accusation does Mrs. Stavrogin make of Stepan Verkhovensky?
4. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
5. What had some poor people done to prepare for the fête?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)