|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin.
2. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
(a) He says no.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He answers her with a question about her own plans.
(d) He answers yes.
3. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin says it was because her son was rebellious.
(b) Peter says it was because of the 'demon of irony' in him.
(c) Captain Lebyatkin says it was because Nicholas is sentimental and stupid.
(d) Nicholas says it was because he was in love.
4. Why was it a mistake to charge a high price for the fête?
(a) The people expected to be entertained.
(b) No one could afford to come.
(c) The people who came wanted food.
(d) Expensive tickets excluded the writers.
5. Who is on the stage when Karminazov goes to speak?
(a) Stepan Verkhovensky.
(c) Captain Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
2. With whom does Nicholas Stavrogin leave from his conversation with his mother?
3. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
4. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
5. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)