|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose influence has Mr. Lembke come under?
(a) His wife's.
(b) His son's.
(c) Peter Verkhovensky's.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
2. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
(a) She hopes they are rewarded for their devotion.
(b) She hopes they succeed in their anarchistic plans.
(c) She hopes to rehabilitate them.
(d) She hopes they are punished for their violence.
3. Why did Nicholas initially take an interest in Captain Lebyatkin?
(a) He was impressed by his opulence.
(b) He found his poverty heartbreaking.
(c) He found his buffoonish behavior amusing.
(d) He wanted to help Peter's friends.
4. Who throws Stepan Verkhovensky out of the conversation?
(a) Peter Verkhovensky.
(b) Nicholas Stavrogin.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
5. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
(b) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
(c) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
(d) The Captain spent it on drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
2. What is Mrs. Stavrogin's feeling about the fête?
3. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
4. Who is on the stage when Karminazov goes to speak?
5. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)