|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stavrogin want to find out at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to know who she can borrow money from.
(b) She wants to know what Shatov knows about Lebyatkin.
(c) She wants to know when her son is coming back home.
(d) She wants to know whether her son's name has been sullied.
2. What was Nicholas' first impression of Mary Lebyatkin?
(a) He fell in love with her.
(b) He thought she was an angel.
(c) He took no notice of her.
(d) He thought she was corrupt but beautiful.
3. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin.
(b) Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) Captain Lebyatkin.
4. How does the audience respond to Karminazov's reading?
(a) They are bored.
(b) They weep at the beauty of it.
(c) They sing Karminazov's praises.
(d) They begin to riot.
5. Why does Nicholas treat Miss Lebyatkin so well?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin says it was because her son was rebellious.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin says it was because Nicholas is sentimental and stupid.
(c) Nicholas says it was because he was in love.
(d) Peter says it was because of the 'demon of irony' in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
2. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
3. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
4. What would normally happen to youth who behave as these youth are behaving?
5. What condition does Mrs. Lembke impose on people who want to come to her party?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)