Chapter 1, By Way of an Introduction and Chapter 2, Prince Harry, Marriage Proposal
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
(a) He lives with her.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They are married.
2. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In St. Petersburg.
(c) In Novgorod.
(d) In the Russian provinces.
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
(b) He is a social researcher.
(c) He is a local bureaucrat.
(d) He is an elected official.
4. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
(b) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
(c) He is highly respected.
(d) He is not respected.
5. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
(a) He is afraid of the government, but likes to be seen as liberal.
(b) He is rebellious and frequently in trouble with the law.
(c) He is an informant working with the government to clamp down on dissenters.
(d) He does not let politics interfere with his art.
6. Who is Liputin?
(a) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(b) A local banker.
(c) A liberal official.
(d) A student of Verkhovensky's.
This section contains 5,502 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)