Chapter 1, By Way of an Introduction and Chapter 2, Prince Harry, Marriage Proposal
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) He lives with her.
(d) They are married.
2. Where is The Possessed set?
(a) In Novgorod.
(b) In St. Petersburg.
(c) In the Russian provinces.
(d) In Moscow.
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
(a) He is an elected official.
(b) He is a social researcher.
(c) He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
(d) He is a local bureaucrat.
4. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
(a) He is not respected.
(b) He is regaining his reputation after a scandal.
(c) He is highly respected.
(d) He is ambitious, but not yet recognized.
5. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
(a) He does not let politics interfere with his art.
(b) He is rebellious and frequently in trouble with the law.
(c) He is afraid of the government, but likes to be seen as liberal.
(d) He is an informant working with the government to clamp down on dissenters.
6. Who is Liputin?
(a) A liberal official.
(b) A local banker.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin's son's friend.
(d) A student of Verkhovensky's.
This section contains 5,502 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)