|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The New Love," how does the narrator regard her new lover?
(a) She does not care whether he stays or goes.
(b) She thinks he is superior to her last lover.
(c) She is consumed by love for him.
(d) She appreciates that he is easily manipulated.
2. According to the poem "Indian Summer," how has the narrator changed since her youth?
(a) She is more worldy and attracts more lovers.
(b) She used to be whatever a man wanted, but now she is her own person.
(c) She is slower and attracts fewer admirers.
(d) She has learned to never trust a man.
3. What message does the poem "Men" convey?
(a) Men try to understand women, but they never will.
(b) Men are only interested in a woman's outward appearance.
(c) Men will claim to love a woman as she is, but then try to change her.
(d) Men may drive women crazy, but they still need each other.
4. In the story "You Were Perfectly Fine," what time did the pale young man get up out of bed?
(a) Four o' clock in the afternoon.
(b) Two o' clock in the afternoon.
(c) Four o'clock in the morning.
(d) Eleven o'clock in the morning.
5. How do Annabel and Midge react after learning the price of the necklace in the shop window?
(a) At first they are horrified, but then they are angry.
(b) They angry with themselves.
(c) They are angry with one another.
(d) At first they are offended, but then they are dejected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does the poem "Resume" give?
2. What does the young man in "The Waltz" offer to do after the band stops playing?
3. What does the bride accuse the groom of doing while they were standing at the altar?
4. What does the bride plan to do as soon as they settle into the hotel?
5. What does the narrator wish for in the poem "Frustration"?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)