|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Standard of Living," what is the cost of the necklace in the window?
2. What does the bride plan to do as soon as they settle into the hotel?
(a) Take a short nap.
(b) Write a few letters.
(c) Order up cocktails.
(d) Take a hot bath.
3. In the poem "The Danger of Writing Defiant Verse," what does the narrator realize about her new lover?
(a) He does not actually exist.
(b) He is cheating on her.
(c) He is silly.
(d) He does not truly love her.
4. How long have Mr. and Mrs. Weldon been married in the story "Too Bad"?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Twenty years.
5. What animal is described in the poem "Parable for a Certain Virgin"?
(a) A weasel.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A horse.
(d) A porcupine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective is used to describe Mrs. Lanier's mood in the story "The Custard Heart"?
2. In the story "Mrs. Hofstadter on Josephine Street," what are the narrator and her husband looking for in a servant?
3. Why does Gerald Cruger avoid looking at Miss Wilmarth in the story "Horsie"?
4. What complaint does the narrator of "Bohemia" express about sculptors and singers?
5. What does the narrator of "Guinevere At Her Fireside" say about the bravest man?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)