|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Corning ask the volunteers at headquarters to do before they leave for vacation?
(a) To take work with them to complete during their off time.
(b) To be sure to return all of their materials and tools.
(c) To please return in September when the headquarters reopens.
(d) To finish whatever pieces they were working on before leaving.
2. For what are the Bains and Mrs. Whittaker waiting?
(a) The Old Gentleman's return.
(b) The Old Gentleman's doctor.
(c) The Old Gentleman's death.
(d) Their brother, Matt, to arrive.
3. How does Mrs. Whittaker react to the news of her father's death?
(a) She begins to weep passionately.
(b) She dries her eyes and asks to see him.
(c) She stands up and announces that it really was the best thing.
(d) She sighs and hugs her sister quietly.
4. What does the narrator wish for the girl in the poem "Story"?
(a) That her lover will be faithful.
(b) That she will find true love.
(c) That her mother will wash her mouth out with soap.
(d) That she will be the first to leave her relationship.
5. In the story "The Sexes," why is the girl upset with the young man?
(a) She thinks that he spent too much time with another girl the night before.
(b) He is trying to break off their relationship.
(c) He has just told her that he does not like her hat.
(d) He has arrived late for their date.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poem "Superfluous Advice" suggest about gossip?
2. What is the "rotten news" that Mimi's husband brings with him?
3. How is the narrator of "Sweet Violets" similar to the violets?
4. Hazel Morse prides herself most on what characteristic?
5. To what story does "The Maid-Servant at the Inn" allude?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)