|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Whittaker, why has the Old Gentleman left all of his money to her?
(a) He does not believe that his other children truly appreciate him.
(b) She is the oldest, so she has more claim to the money.
(c) Because she and her husband will know how to take care of it.
(d) She and her husband helped him earn the money.
2. How old is Mr. Durant?
3. How does the woman in "The Waltz" respond to the young man who asks her to dance?
(a) She politely refuses and waits for another man to ask.
(b) She accepts, but then mentally complains the whole time.
(c) She pretends that she is waiting for someone.
(d) She turns him down and then laughs about him after he leaves.
4. In the story "The Sexes," why is the girl upset with the young man?
(a) He has arrived late for their date.
(b) She thinks that he spent too much time with another girl the night before.
(c) He has just told her that he does not like her hat.
(d) He is trying to break off their relationship.
5. How old is Rose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade does the narrator give to a "passing fair" lady in the poem "Roundel"?
2. What surprises the woman at the dinner party about Katherine Burke in the story "Arrangement in Black and White"?
3. Who does the narrator repeatedly address throughout the story "A Telephone Call"?
4. Who is the one woman who hates Hobie?
5. How does Midge change the rules of their game at the end of "The Standard of Living"?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)