|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Durant plan to get rid of the stray dog?
(a) He is going to put it outside after the kids go to sleep and tell them it ran away.
(b) He will sneak it away to a man who will "dispose" of it for him.
(c) After the children go to sleep, he is going to take it to the animal shelter.
(d) He will drive it far away and drop it off in the middle of nowhere.
2. How does the woman in "The Waltz" respond to the young man who asks her to dance?
(a) She accepts, but then mentally complains the whole time.
(b) She turns him down and then laughs about him after he leaves.
(c) She politely refuses and waits for another man to ask.
(d) She pretends that she is waiting for someone.
3. How does the young man in "The Sexes" convince the girl that he is not interested in Florence Leaming?
(a) He offers to marry her.
(b) He compliments the girl's physical appearance.
(c) He tells her that Florence Leaming is engaged to be married.
(d) He promises to never see Florence Leaming again.
4. How do Annabel and Midge react after learning the price of the necklace in the shop window?
(a) At first they are offended, but then they are dejected.
(b) They angry with themselves.
(c) At first they are horrified, but then they are angry.
(d) They are angry with one another.
5. In "A Telephone Call," what time did the young man say he would call?
(a) Nine o' clock.
(b) Five o' clock.
(c) Seven o' clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Annabel give to support her agreement with Midge that a pearl necklace is a good "purchase"?
2. Why has the Bains' son, Paul, been sent away?
3. Where are the couple in the train car headed?
4. What grade does the narrator give to a "passing fair" lady in the poem "Roundel"?
5. What advice does the poem "Resume" give?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)