|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mimi describe her husband's visit when her friend calls?
(a) It was frustrating, and she wished she could do it over.
(b) It was short, but lovely.
(c) It was a disaster.
(d) She cannot describe it because she is crying too much.
2. How long does Mimi have to prepare for her husband's leave?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
(b) A whole weekend.
(c) A week.
(d) Forty-eight hours.
3. How does Mr. Durant plan to get rid of the stray dog?
(a) After the children go to sleep, he is going to take it to the animal shelter.
(b) He will sneak it away to a man who will "dispose" of it for him.
(c) He will drive it far away and drop it off in the middle of nowhere.
(d) He is going to put it outside after the kids go to sleep and tell them it ran away.
4. In the story "The Sexes," why is the girl upset with the young man?
(a) He has just told her that he does not like her hat.
(b) He is trying to break off their relationship.
(c) She thinks that he spent too much time with another girl the night before.
(d) He has arrived late for their date.
5. What surprises the woman at the dinner party about Katherine Burke in the story "Arrangement in Black and White"?
(a) She had never noticed that her skin was dark.
(b) She had not known that she wore a wig.
(c) She did not realize how short she was.
(d) She had never noticed how thick her waist was.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the newlywed couple going for their honeymoon?
2. What kind of work does Mrs. Martindale do?
3. According to the poem "Indian Summer," how has the narrator changed since her youth?
4. In the poem "Verse for a Certain Dog," what is the difference between the lines inside the parentheses and those not in parentheses?
5. In the poem "I Shall Come Back," from where will the narrator return?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)