|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aristotle says that education should be equal but not what?
2. How long has Aristotle's "Politics" been around?
3. Aristotle says that slaves should only cultivate the virtue of what?
4. Who was Aristotle's teacher?
5. What is defined as the distribution and retail of merchandise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How, if there are problems with the father's leadership, will the son suffer throughout his life?
2. What is one reason Aristotle advocates for permanent rulership?
3. What does Aristotle believe that people should be trained for?
4. How does a correct constitution lead to a just society, according to Aristotle?
5. What is Aristotle's cure for limiting desires that reach beyond needs?
6. What is one virtue a political leader must have, according to Aristotle?
7. What is the top cause of crime, and how can it be solved?
8. What happened to "The Politics" upon Aristotle's death?
9. What are the two arguments relating to force and justice as Aristotle presents them?
10. Why does Aristotle define the economic practices of the non-Greeks as exchange?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the text to support your reasoning, explain what Aristotle thinks is the primary unit of society and what importance that unit has.
Essay Topic 2
What is a regime according to Aristotle? How does a regime function? What are the specific characteristics of a democratic regime?
Essay Topic 3
What is Aristotle's definition of the best state? What qualities does it have? What does it do? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)