|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Individual authority is a type of which rule?
2. The first introduction provides a look at the history of the book that is over how many pages?
3. The second introduction helps readers to what?
4. What word is defined by Aristotle as: a clarification of the organized system of relationships within a state?
5. When Aristotle explains the family, he does it with relation to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one virtue a political leader must have, according to Aristotle?
2. How, if there are problems with the father's leadership, will the son suffer throughout his life?
3. What are the various levels of organization within a society?
4. What is an aristocracy?
5. What did Plato feel about women and why?
6. What is Aristotle's definition of a constitution?
7. What are focal points in creating a constitution?
8. What is an oligarchy?
9. What makes a democracy corrupt for Aristotle?
10. What is one reason Aristotle advocates for permanent rulership?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Aristotle define equality? What does Aristotle think a city-state needs to do in order to establish equality? Does Aristotle think equality is good or bad for a city state? Use Aristotle's examples from the text in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Which does Aristotle like better: elections, lotteries, or appointments? Why? What are the positive and negatives of each? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the six kinds of constitutions Aristotle believes in and what are their consequences for the city-state? Use Aristotle's examples in support of your answer.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)